xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
burgen

Will Gmail Go Public Soon?

today in Gmail help I find this" Has Gmail changed the way you email?Has it helped you organize your inbox? Or maybe even your life? Do you have a story you want to share about Gmail? We'd love to hear from you!Tell your story in the box below and hit the submit button. Feel free to include details such as new things about Gmail that you've discovered if you think it would be helpful for others. Add some information about yourself, if you care to share.We'll be posting some of these stories on the Gmail website, so look for your story in the near future."does this mean Gmail will be open to public soon?

Sounds like it might. And it's definetely good news. I've been using g-mail for awhile now, seeing I got it before most internet junkies even knew about it. It was nice to be able to get some of the names I wanted without all the #'s after them. It's a good move by Google too. Google is starting to take some giant leaps into the internet market, with some really great innovations lately. We'll see if G-Mail catches on...

Could somebody please explain to me exactly what Gmail is and whether it's any good or not? I understand it's something google-orientated but am unsure of what makes it so special and whether or not I should get involved with it.

Could somebody please explain to me exactly what Gmail is and whether it's any good or not? I understand it's something google-orientated but am unsure of what makes it so special and whether or not I should get involved with it.

51295[/snapback]

"gmail is the way google does email". its a very fast and reliable service and allows your to store 1GIG of info in your account. i have 5 accounts and like a couple hundred invites and 5GIGS of space, and the gmail drive (whatever its called) allows me to use that space well. i think it might be a bad thing for gmail to go public because people could make hundreds of accounts (without earing invites) and basiclly load up the server and make it slow like hotmail. but we all knew this was coming so.. as long as i get to keep my space im happy.

i wanna see a 'how google does messenging' G-M soon.

I Didnt get that email did they forgetabout me again... I like gmail the way it is becouse theres no serverload so everything is fast.

51326[/snapback]

no, it is not sent in email, it is in the gmail help, if you go there and look around you will find it,

also i find the suggestion to gmail changed, and the login page of gmail changed.

Gmail is bound to go public in the near future. But for now I think t hey are just testing things out. Too probably see if people abuse it in anyway like store music files or something like that. lol. Gmail has been helpful. I like the search option. Never have to delete my email again.

I do have a Gmail account which i pretty much do not use....I dont use it cause and i think yahoo is better because:1. Ive heard alot of bad things about them as far as privacy wise, i would like other people to try it before i do...2. I have a yahoo email , which gives you 100 mb and the truth is most people dont need more then that...3. Its easier with yahoo cause i already know where everything is .4. You need yahoo to sign up at yahoo groups..5. Ive been using yahoo for 5 years and never had any problems.6. Im not concern about yahoo invadeing my privacy......I dont mean to turn this into a yahoo vs gmail thread, im just stating my opinion....

today in Gmail help I find this

" 

Has Gmail changed the way you email?

Has it helped you organize your inbox? Or maybe even your life? Do you have a story you want to share about Gmail? We'd love to hear from you!

Tell your story in the box below and hit the submit button. Feel free to include details such as new things about Gmail that you've discovered if you think it would be helpful for others. Add some information about yourself, if you care to share.

We'll be posting some of these stories on the Gmail website, so look for your story in the near future."

does this mean Gmail will be open to public soon?

51275[/snapback]

what the url for the site i need to know please please tell me.

I agree that Gmail have changed the way we look at email. However, there are some aspects Gmail hasn't fulfilled. Its pointless to have cluster (listless list) of email in our inbox. My only wish is that like Yahoo and others, it allows us to create folder where we can keep. (marking star and putting inside doesn't make the inbox cleaner either). It shouldn't be very complicated for them to allow us to create folders and once the concern mail is shifted to such folders - those mails shouldn't remain at the inbox either. Otherwise our Inboxes look like JUNKMAIL boxes... what do you say?

I dont know if gmail will ever go public for the fact that they are giving out so many invites and its easy to get one so i dont think they need to send it public. So they probably wont and i really want to see that messenger/