xisto Community
NNNOOOOOO

What Do You Think Of This Instrumental I Made? Im good at making dark (MIDI) music.

I see what you're going for with the change in tempo and stuff. Nice that you're working on adding some complexity to your instrumental it makes it interesting. The first part is good (as it was before) but seems a bit thin with only the melody and the brass. Perhaps making the brass play octaves or even chords instead of single notes would fill it out. I think some melodious thing played in higher notes (around the C6 range on the keyboard) might sound nice and fill it out a little. The vibraphone would take a back seat to this pleasant high melody that takes the listener by surprise half way through.
I feel the drum solo needs work. Even though you raised the tempo for the drum part, it feels slower and dead. The drums in this part are too simple and aren't interesting enough to hold their own as a drum solo in my opinion. Don't have to remove it, they just need improved to be more exciting/interesting.

The rock outro is fine, it sounds good and being a rock type of song, it doesn't have to be overly complex. However as this is an instrumental, just a rock rhythm with no singing might not be interesting without some kind of vocal-like melody or guitar solo (yeah getting a nice solo might be hard on Guitar Pro) being played over it.

So you've got some good stuff here but it needs more work before I would call it a completed piece. At only 1:30 minutes or so, it's got a lot of room for some interesting instrumental melodies or experimenting. Keep the beginning and end and build on them, (as opposed to adding on another completely different part) make them longer so it's more of a real song length.

So there are some suggestions, whether they are good or not I don't know, I'm no expert, but I tried to make my reply a little more helpful than just saying "Cool".

The type of reply I need (good feedback :)). The drum part kept getting in my head so I decided to put it while I was thinking of it. Then I decided to use it for an intro to the second part. I was going to use String Assemble, but it didn't sound good. That's when I brought the Tuba in.

The Bass sounded good with what I had for the drums, so I based the Tuba on it. That sounded good. I'm going to add more to it and slowly bring it back to the beginning (but with different instruments). As for the chords, I'm still trying to figure out how to do it.

Update!Tardus Vicis.zipCant remember what exactly I added so I'll just post all instruments:Vibraphone, Synth Brass, Percussion (drum set), Bass (finger), Tuba, Trumpet, String AssembleFixed: dissonance's fixed, lessened "drum only" part, added more (better) "drum only" part, used Rallentando instead of instantaneous tempo change.

UPDATE:I took a bunch of stuff out and some instruments. I added (1/2) instruments. Of course(spelling?) it's not complete. Trying to find a second bass line, I am.But anyways, here's the new one.tardus vivis.zipYes, that is a misspelling in the zip's name. Tell me what you think about the changes.

If there is your own then i like them so much and i have enjoyed so much after watching the video but i have already watched it on the utube ....

For some reason, your attachment isn't working now but I heard it the other day. From what I remember, it sounds cool. The second part reminds me of classic computer games. I think making the 'drum fill' more interesting when it goes into the second part would improve it a lot. Instead of the "1,2,3,4" something more realistic. Here are lots of midi fills for inspiration:http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

For some reason, your attachment isn't working now but I heard it the other day. From what I remember, it sounds cool. The second part reminds me of classic computer games.
I think making the 'drum fill' more interesting when it goes into the second part would improve it a lot. Instead of the "1,2,3,4" something more realistic.

Here are lots of midi fills for inspiration:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

For the first part: That is a classic case of What The F......WTF happened?! I'll upload a current version of it.
For the second part: There's a tempo change there, the 1,2,3,4 is to get you ready for it.
For the last part: I liked one, but the tempo for them all is too fast.

Here's the latest version:
tardus vicis redone.zip

Dear friend of mine I think the both instrumentals are really good. Are you a professional musician or its just your hobby. What ever it is both your works are good you should continue with the good work. Best of luck.

Dear friend of mine I think the both instrumentals are really good. Are you a professional musician or its just your hobby. What ever it is both your works are good you should continue with the good work. Best of luck.

Thank you. The 2 videos are my earlier works (I didn't know the program well enough to figure stuff on it out). If you look at some of my posts on this topic, you'll see more up to date work (as downloads). As a matter of fact, the last upload I did is my most resent work, a redo of a different piece of work. I also provide the sheet music (standard notation and tabs in one) for individual instruments with the MIDI files. And if you don't actually like a particular something in any of my work (too much dissonance, "too many notes") feel free to tell me.

p.s. It's just recreational.

Added: Electric Bass (finger), Tuba, and more stuff.All files are in the ZIP.

Tardus Vicis.zip

i liked what you did here, and i must say it is a clever idea to attach your music sheets (or whatever you called them :P ) with the file. but, i think the beginning is not fit with the ending. i mean, there is a gap between the first half and the second half. it's like there's something missing, i hope you can fix it some how. other than that you did a great job.