xisto Community
NNNOOOOOO

What Do You Think Of This Instrumental I Made? Im good at making dark (MIDI) music.

I didn't do the Mario one, but whoever did had WAY too much time on their hands. And when you say "play station", do you mean Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES)?

I think that theme is from the NES Nintendo Entertainment System. I never owned a SNES, but I had a NES and that theme reminded me of the entire game. Going down a pipe, swimming with the fishies.. lol.

Tardus Whatevercus was pretty cool. I thought the melody was a great start it just needs filled out with more instruments and/or chords.

I think that theme is from the NES Nintendo Entertainment System. I never owned a SNES, but I had a NES and that theme reminded me of the entire game. Going down a pipe, swimming with the fishies.. lol.
Tardus Whatevercus was pretty cool. I thought the melody was a great start it just needs filled out with more instruments and/or chords.

I need to get the game again. Poor Yoshi.
B.T.W, Tardus Whatevercus was renamed to Tardus Vicis, in case you didn't see it.

I didn't do the Mario one, but whoever did had WAY too much time on their hands. And when you say "play station", do you mean Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES)?

well, maybe :) i can't remember fully, it was long time ago. but i remember hearing this melody before. and either ways i like your choices and your music. keep on making new things and you your skills will advanced so fast.

Not bad but sounds something like from a 2 bit game... Something from the SNES... GBA...Have you ever heard of something called Fruity Loops?

Fruity Loops? never heard of it. Let me Google it here.

Fruity Loops? never heard of it. Let me Google it here.

I used Guitar Pro (well the free Linux clone) for learning guitar scales, songs, and piano pieces. I also use it's chord dictionary. It's a great tool for learning or writing down song ideas you intend to play on guitar or piano, but...

FL Studio (previously known as Fruity Loops) blows Guitar Pro away for making music. It sounds excellent, it looks professional, it's fun to work with because of the streamlined colourful design. Composing songs in Guitar Pro is tedious, composing in FL Studio is relaxing.

You might get the impression it it has a focus on electronic music like Techno or Hip hop, but don't let that fool you as it is very useful for someone interested in rock music as well. It has realistic guitar and bass sounds and a realistic acoustic drum machine plugin, plus all the normal effects like Delay, Flange, Reverb etc..

It's really good, you should try it. You can import your MIDI songs directly into it.

I used Guitar Pro (well the free Linux clone) for learning guitar scales, songs, and piano pieces. I also use it's chord dictionary. It's a great tool for learning or writing down song ideas you intend to play on guitar or piano, but...
FL Studio (previously known as Fruity Loops) blows Guitar Pro away for making music. It sounds excellent, it looks professional, it's fun to work with because of the streamlined colourful design. Composing songs in Guitar Pro is tedious, composing in FL Studio is relaxing.

You might get the impression it it has a focus on electronic music like Techno or Hip hop, but don't let that fool you as it is very useful for someone interested in rock music as well. It has realistic guitar and bass sounds and a realistic acoustic drum machine plugin, plus all the normal effects like Delay, Flange, Reverb etc..

It's really good, you should try it. You can import your MIDI songs directly into it.

I use guitar pro v 5.2. I'll try FL Studio.

edit
I don't like it too well. I like GP 5.0 better. The sound in FL isn't as good as what I'm used to. Plus GP5 has a more organized selection of instruments along with a wider selection of 'em..
Edited by NNNOOOOOO (see edit history)

I thought I would update what I have so far:Tardus Terrenus.zipAdded: Drum Kit, Synth Brass 2.At the end of the score, there's supposed to be more stuff. When it's only drums playing, tempo goes from 90 to 120 b/m (at the double bar).Also note: I believe the bass lines (Synth Brass 2) needs some fixing. PDFs to all instruments:Tardus Terrenus-drums.pdfTardus Terrenus-synth brass 2.pdfTardus Terrenus-vibraphone.pdfEnjoy. :)

Edited by NNNOOOOOO (see edit history)

I thought I would update what I have so far:Tardus Terrenus.zip

Added: Drum Kit, Synth Brass 2.
At the end of the score, there's supposed to be more stuff. When it's only drums playing, tempo goes from 90 to 120 b/m (at the double bar).

Also note: I believe the bass lines (Synth Brass 2) needs some fixing. PDFs to all instruments:
Tardus Terrenus-drums.pdf
Tardus Terrenus-synth brass 2.pdf
Tardus Terrenus-vibraphone.pdf

Enjoy. :)

hmm, i loke it more now,it is more relieving to the ear and gives a good feeling. anyway i hope i could explain my point of view here :) . and well done nnnoooooo.

also i liked your music sheets even i couldn't understood anything from them :D but it is nice to share them with others in the forum.

Here's a bit from the album (fair use will permit this much :-)

why don't you stop stealing other peoples threads to post what YOU have done. if you really want to share it, create your own thread. and btw- the player doesn't even work....

Added: Electric Bass (finger), Tuba, and more stuff.All files are in the ZIP.

Tardus Vicis.zip

well, i don't feel like the final addition is compatible with the original one. it is like a gap between them. i don't know, maybe it is just me :) .

well, i don't feel like the final addition is compatible with the original one. it is like a gap between them. i don't know, maybe it is just me :) .

Just what I aimed for. It's one that you're like "Wait, what happened?" (at least it's supposed to be)

:P the first song sounded like horror music?(possibly dracula?) 2nd one sounded like a default drum example with like fruity loops dunno \_O.O_/ anyways great job i hope to hear more from you :DSincerly , ~Caleb
Peace outz

Have you heard the last one? I find it cool.

I see what you're going for with the change in tempo and stuff. Nice that you're working on adding some complexity to your instrumental it makes it interesting. The first part is good (as it was before) but seems a bit thin with only the melody and the brass. Perhaps making the brass play octaves or even chords instead of single notes would fill it out. I think some melodious thing played in higher notes (around the C6 range on the keyboard) might sound nice and fill it out a little. The vibraphone would take a back seat to this pleasant high melody that takes the listener by surprise half way through.I feel the drum solo needs work. Even though you raised the tempo for the drum part, it feels slower and dead. The drums in this part are too simple and aren't interesting enough to hold their own as a drum solo in my opinion. Don't have to remove it, they just need improved to be more exciting/interesting.The rock outro is fine, it sounds good and being a rock type of song, it doesn't have to be overly complex. However as this is an instrumental, just a rock rhythm with no singing might not be interesting without some kind of vocal-like melody or guitar solo (yeah getting a nice solo might be hard on Guitar Pro) being played over it.So you've got some good stuff here but it needs more work before I would call it a completed piece. At only 1:30 minutes or so, it's got a lot of room for some interesting instrumental melodies or experimenting. Keep the beginning and end and build on them, (as opposed to adding on another completely different part) make them longer so it's more of a real song length.So there are some suggestions, whether they are good or not I don't know, I'm no expert, but I tried to make my reply a little more helpful than just saying "Cool".