xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
gotspooned

Your Goal In Life? deep topic

HiMy goal in life is to be financially secure. So I currently work like an animal to pay my home and the rest. I ain't no kid like most of you, I am married and have a daughter.In about 5 years if it all goes well, I will have reached an important financial goal which is paying my mortgage off and then I will be able to start travelling with the extra money.Places I will hit first will be the islands of the pacific and Indian ocean.Patrick

I am 29 and holding :D I just wish when i was in my teens someone would have stressed to me how important it is to set goals. When i was young i had no idea hat i wanted to do with my life and didnt really care. I just wanted to have fun and party. And beacuse of that i am 29 nd still living at home. I havent had a job that i stayed in for more than a year and i still dont know what to do with my life. I didnt realize how important goals were until my mid 20s. I started making some small ones and i got most of them. But i must be cursed of something. Everytime i start to get all my stuff together something happens and it all falls apart. Then i get depressed and get stuck in a lull and think I will never get ahead. But it is time for me to start over from scratch and go to trade school or something and get everything in order. I need to get a steady job that pays enough to support me and get out of the house. I have had a few girlfriends but when i start to get serious i pull away because i cant support a family. I want to get married have a couple kids and live the american dream. I have had a couple ideas to start a business of my own but i come from a poor family and we all have terrible credit so i cant any money for startup capital. SO i guess i just need to get a real job and try to save money to start one of my own businees. Having hosting here is helping me because my website is one of my business ideas. I just need to learn how to get more visitors to my site with zero advertising budget. Now i know how to make goals effectivly and everything is coming together and i just hope nothing else comes along and throws me back into a depression.

I have been playing golf for 15 years now and I am 17. I believe that no one should give up on there goals and you should reach them no matter what. I have been in a bunch of Junior Tours and I have competed in Michigan Open and Amatur status tournaments. I would like to go to College and play golf because of course I would get money for school through a scholarship. I've been on the varsity golf since my first year and my first year I was number 3 on the team as a freshman which is pretty impressive but thats because there was a senior who was better than me. My second year I was number 1 on the team did good in the tournaments. Now I am number 2 on the team for my Junior year which sucks becuase this freshman is off the hook I swear if this kid gets good grades he could go to any college in the world and go pro. But Next year I can't be number 2 for my Senior year so I am going to take him out hopefully lol. Well thats what I want to be and I have had this dream for ever and I am going to do it and never let someone tell you, you won't or you can't. You can do anything you as long as you work at it.

My goal at the moment is get back to school (don't ask - personal problems), become a web designer OR have a job at a farm (yeah I love animals lol).. Yeah I'm already a web designer but I'd also like it as a job. Anyway.. I also love creating graphics on my computer and I'm not too bad at it I guess.. I would love to write a book someday and I'd like to learn more programming languages. It would be great to be able to create my own software - and software for companies. And I would love to have my own company lol

So I need some credits(and maybe rep points?), and I decided I'm going to write a deep post!

I am wondering what you people have planned for the life ahead of you. Also, do you have set goals that you're planning on achieving? If so, what are they? I know, we all plan on doing something or being someone when we are really young.. some of us actually become that person. but as my mom told me, 'you don't always get what you want.' Anyway, post up what you feel.

Me myself, I'm 14 going on 15.. and when i was four, i wanted to be a power ranger. so i was enrolled in martial arts.  :) Since then, i  currently have 2 black belts in 2 different arts. i have 39 golds/1st places and one bronze medal. i also though i was going to be a nurse because i have 5/6 aunties who are all nurses(and one is a pharmasist), and so is my mom. but my one uncle told me i didn't have to be what they are. (he does finance or whatever) Now, I just have martials arts and martial art videos as my hobbie. I currently share an ebay bussiness with my best friend. so i'm insterested in the bussiness field now. I was thinking about becoming a pro counter-strike play (because i prollie could be [Cal-M Pride!]) but i know that my family wants me to go to college. :) So now i dedicate an hour of my time everyday to studying for the SATs (even though im 14 in the 10th grade) I've realized now that the key to succeeding is to have your priorities straight. There's time for studying, school, girlfriend, games, going out, working out, sleeping, eating, and whatever. :]

whoa, i guess i kinda went off topic?

-so leave comments with your thoughts and opinions

thanks.

50870[/snapback]

My gole is to make a lawyer but keep my talent of computing going. all my teachers suggest that i become an engineer but there is no money in it lately, my dad is in there but he gets absolutely crap, lol, I dont have a moral fibre at the moment(basically a girl friend) and i aint allowed because of religion lol :P so I might just have to be a loaner for the rest of my life, thats it, my destiney is to be a loaner and just bring in money

I think my Goal in life is to be involved in child protection and help make children?s lives better after abuse and tragic things that happened. I?m taking a social working course at the college and I?m loving it. I have found after doing a practicum I would love to go into the field and help children and try to provide them with a better life style and skills. I know that social workers have a bad name. But honestly a lot of social workers bust their butts to save children and people. They try their hardest to help people. So I would love to be one of them and try to make at least my part of the world better. So that is my goal. Oh and also to be rich, but who wouldn?t want to be rich. :)

i have so many goals in my life... to go to places i've never been, experience life to the fullest, be successful as an artist, touch people's lives and make them happy, meet those people i admire most! and mostly, just be happy and be contented in my life.... and die happy without regrets... and looking back to life, with a smile....

It's easy for me to say about my life goal but hard for people surroundings to believe. Living in a society that people think of themselves much more than others, I'd better keep working for my goal. I enjoy it!

My goal in life is somewhat humble in some perspectives, and greedy in some.One of the major things is to get married, and I promised myself I would never divorce when I do. That goal is partialy filled, as I am now engaged with my girlfriend of 5 years. I also would like to have a family, maybe a couple kids, and have suffiecent funds coming in to take care of everyone. Maybe open my own buisness, probably a computer store or something similar. This may sound totaly assinine, but I would like to die a happy man, leave some stuff to my kids and/or wife when I die, and not just money. I'd like to be that kinda dad that the kids would look up to, anf the kind of husband that could keep a wife happy, and a caretaker that could keep a roof over my familys head.

At the moment, i'm not sure. I'm aiming at animal care or game design. I always studdy up on my IT and Science but my goals all may change as I get older. I'm only 12 and have a whole life ahead of me, it's up to the adult me to deside if I wanna spend my life cleaning up animal poop...