xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
comp2

Mycents?

I have just started on this site within the week, and I am confused on how the mycents work. Non of the topics I have seen seem to help. I did register on Xisto - Support.com/billing with the same email address and waited the correct amount of time, however I still dont see the mycents on my post. Did I do something wrong? Also some of my post are not showing up, the they would apprear and now they are gone again. Is it me or is something wrong.ThanksComp2

I have just started on this site within the week, and I am confused on how the mycents work. Non of the topics I have seen seem to help. I did register on Xisto - Support.com/billing with the same email address and waited the correct amount of time, however I still dont see the mycents on my post. Did I do something wrong? Also some of my post are not showing up, the they would apprear and now they are gone again. Is it me or is something wrong.
Thanks
Comp2

There are currently some issues with the forums.

1) The MyCents are currently down but they are being recorded (just not converted/able to be seen yet). It will be fixed as soon as possible.

2) The posts issue is interesting. There have been some problems recently with posts that never even show up, but if yours posted (showed up) and then disappeared later it's because a moderator deleted it for breaking the rules (that or this is another error with the forums).

Welcome to the forums!

I hope I was not breaking the forum, and most of them have reappeared. Can't wait till the mycents have started working again. Thanks for you help.

Hi Comp2, Welcome to Xisto :) Please make sure you have more than 10 posts. Once you cross 10 posts, you will get a welcome email confirming that your forum account and Xisto - Support billing account have been linked together.The myCENT system is currently down and will be up soon.Please be assured that your posts are calculated and you will not lose any mycents. :)Thank you,Shree

I hope I was not breaking the forum, and most of them have reappeared. Can't wait till the mycents have started working again. Thanks for you help.

If you were breaking the rules -- your would have got a warning already but its good because they reappeared -- that means that a moderator had to approve them to show up.

The myCENTS have been gone for months now, if you want hosting sooner then that you can add funds through your PayPal account. They should start working any week now... Have fun waiting :D

Unless i'm mistaken, you can register at Xisto with the same e-mail you used to register with the myCENTs system and you can earn myCENTs by posting over there till the system is up and running here.

Unless i'm mistaken, you can register at Xisto with the same e-mail you used to register with the myCENTs system and you can earn myCENTs by posting over there till the system is up and running here.

Yes, they are linked together, but I thought this would also mean that if it's broken here, it's broken there too. Can anyone else confirm whether or not it's updating properly there?

Astahost is working fine, but you have to admit - the purely technical stuff does get kind of boring after a while. I've been on and off both forums to balance my myCENT situation and it's been good so far. It's a lot more fun to post here though, so it's wise to be more active here than in there. It's up to the individuals, though.

Xisto is working fine, but you have to admit - the purely technical stuff does get kind of boring after a while. I've been on and off both forums to balance my myCENT situation and it's been good so far. It's a lot more fun to post here though, so it's wise to be more active here than in there. It's up to the individuals, though.

Thanks for the heads-up on the myCent situation.

I've found that when you need help with technical stuff, Xisto is a lot better for getting replies. There have been many times that I get good answers there, whereas if I had made the same post here there would be no replies or wrong information given.

I've found that when you need help with technical stuff, Xisto is a lot better for getting replies. There have been many times that I get good answers there, whereas if I had made the same post here there would be no replies or wrong information given.

Well, isn't that a bit obvious here? :D Xisto is a tech forum and its filled with only techies, while Xisto has know-it-alls! :P

Hmmm... seems like its time to start a Xisto account!

Dont worry, I am very sure that every one is gonna get their MyCents at one shot. ! OpaQue is working on it i suppose, So Just leave the fear of Oo .. where is my MyCent and just RoCk on !! If you have any payment issues due to lack of MyCents you can always contact Xisto - Support. They are well .. i would say friendly people :)

Xisto is working fine, but you have to admit - the purely technical stuff does get kind of boring after a while. I've been on and off both forums to balance my myCENT situation and it's been good so far. It's a lot more fun to post here though, so it's wise to be more active here than in there. It's up to the individuals, though.

I'm a little confused here. By technical do you mean the kind of "web master" technical or "techie" technical. As in, "My website is not up .. DNS issue" vs "I've got this Java app running but not sure how to deploy it" ?

I'm a little confused here. By technical do you mean the kind of "web master" technical or "techie" technical. As in, "My website is not up .. DNS issue" vs "I've got this Java app running but not sure how to deploy it" ?

Yes (to the examples you gave).

It's technical in the sense that topics are geared more towards computery/sciency stuff rather than general things (like you won't find many/any topics about life or relationships, health, etc. there).

Yes you are right :) I just registered there and couldn't really find a single topic that I was enthusiastic about. Gave it a shot by replying to two threads though. Will try it out a little longer before giving up I guess :P

Yes you are right :) I just registered there and couldn't really find a single topic that I was enthusiastic about. Gave it a shot by replying to two threads though. Will try it out a little longer before giving up I guess :P

There's a lot of good information there but it really depends on where your mind is set: general stuff or highly technical. For example, if you are interested in robotics -- it would be good.

I usually don't hang out there but when I do need information that I probably won't find here I go there to see. So far the mixture between the forums has helped out greatly with all sorts of stuff.