xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
web_designer

Why Should I Be A Loyal Member When No One Treat Me Like A One?

i am really here venting about an UNACCEPTABLE behavior that really upset me. truly WHY SHOULD I DO MY BEST TO BE A LOYAL MEMBER when no one here treat me like a one????why do i waste my time, posting more even i have enough mycent, report spam and errors,giving ideas and suggestions to develop the forum, stand by other members and help them, and support the administrators and moderators, WHY?WHEN I STILL TREATED LIKE ANY OTHER MEMBER WHO MAY ENTER THIS FORUM ONCE or TWICE A MONTH???i am not here offend others who enter the forum from time to time, please understand me they have all the right by that, we all have other things to do in life. but in the same time LOYAL MEMBERS should get some RESPECT and EXCLUSIVENESS. because they stick in here, in better and worse, support the forums in so many ways, be part of it, and still do their best. i know rules should be applied equally, on everyone but we respect the moderators and administrators because they are always here to help us and do their best for the forum, so in the same time loyal members should be treated in the same way. they should have a voice and should be heard and if the moderators or the administrators disagree with them, they should deal with them in a different way, why? because they are special. if not, then really there's nothing special about this forum, and this community instead of being a special community it will be a trade forum only give and take.i know who will read this topic, the first idea will pass in his head, it is all about anwiii. YES IT IS, it is about HIM and EVERYONE of us, and what happened to him could be happen to anyone of us. me, anwiii, bani, deadmad, tramp, sky, ash, mahesh, nirmaldanial, kobra,sheepdog and many more...i consider all of these as loyal members, who still here day and night, posting and helping each others in this community. if we don't have a specialty then really i don't care any more, BECAUSE REALLY I CAN'T RESPECT SOMEYONE WHO DOESN'T SHOW ME THE SAME.my point is, if these members get abused, and treated like anyone else, then REALLY why we should bother ourselves any more ???

One thing i learned from Xisto and opaque is "patience". My site today is broken because of mycents were not renewed and that put my website page into parking one because of system's inability to update my hosting and domain automatically(though i've lots of mycent to cover it).And even after logging support ticket my problem is not solved. Like this many other problems in past took a lot of time. But i sticked with this community. Reason is though we may have differences within community and complaints for opaque lol.. at the end we want our hosting and this community to survive for longer time. Soon my sites will move to VPS (at the end of 2011..lol)but i'll continue to be here cause this site is now part of my life. I know things are falling apart here and i don't deny any chances of clashes between me and community but anyhow but i'll stick here. Not for present-mycent needs or future but for the past with this community. I spent here so many hours when i had no life and i was down deep inside(though i dont have life at all right now lol). I just can't see myself moving away from this community just because of my mistakes or some differences within community. I don't want to be exclusive or to have celeb treatment here. But i just want to help others to avoid them from making mistake that i did, also want to laugh for few minutes on few thread or debate for the sake of it and earn mycent then want to vanish into offline world for something that..i don't know lol. As old members we should post our suggestions and views in order to keep this community alive but if admin can't think in parallel with our views then let's just move on. I just hope we don't get more post restriction and mycent manipulation which makes us hard to post in forums cause that way Xisto will be more boring than right now. I know there are some issues here these days between admin and members. This is the reason i opposed mycent manipulation by mods/admin cause that way many people here will get their hosting terminated or surely hurt their ability to earn mycent next time. Let's just hope we don't see cyber-bullying,mycent manipulation in this community. I know if we try to push things too hard and put our ego here in virtual life forum by saying that we should be treated like loyal member then there will be more differences in community than right now. Let's just not put too much of our life into community in such way that it backfires our ego. Let's just post things to help community, have some good time and part our ways. I'm just trying to find out middle road out of this. Even i'm tired of mycent fix and other issues. Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong anywhere.

NOw this is really Wd the Rockstar...U do what you feel is right and do not hesitate in saying all that in spirit.I like this attitude of yours and i support you honey for this..I think people who are loyal should be given good treatment and should be well heard.

I know if we try to push things too hard and put our ego here in virtual life forum by saying that we should be treated like loyal member then there will be more differences in community than right now. Let's just not put too much of our life into community in such way that it backfires our ego. Let's just post things to help community, have some good time and part our ways. I'm just trying to find out middle road out of this. Even i'm tired of mycent fix and other issues. Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong anywhere.

i agree and disagree with you at the same time, i really don't want to be any kind of differences between members in here. but i do believe that everyone should look to old members who are always around with high respect. i remember when i signed up here about six months ago, i was amazed when i was checking the profile of each one who reply to my topics and find out that most of them signed up in the forum two or three or four or even five years ago! i was like saying to myself why they are keep on posting daily or weekly, and help everyone when it is obvious they don't need mycent anymore, and even if they are in need for it, they could post to get what they want and enough. after that i knew what is all about, they love the forum and consider it as a second family or a friendly community or a place to gain knowledge and in return their opinion is respected and their existence in the forum is appreciated by everyone. that time i never felt there are any differences between me and them, but i knew if i wanted the same then i should be like them. this is what motivated me, and what will motivate others to be just like the old members and learn from them.

but if i see they are treating badly how that will motivate me to be more active in the forum? or worse why should i do anything worthy here, where i know it won't appreciated? correct me if i am wrong please.

NOw this is really Wd the Rockstar...U do what you feel is right and do not hesitate in saying all that in spirit.I like this attitude of yours and i support you honey for this..I think people who are loyal should be given good treatment and should be well heard.

thank you chini, i know you are one from those who keeps on coming in here to share your ideas and thoughts with others, and you don't have a website and don't need mycent. you keep on coming because of the friendly community, so i can imagine what will happen if it will be not friendly any more...

I'm really on the fence about this.Yes, Anwii is a long-time member of the forums and all, but Opa probably saw his posts the same way I did -- as being extremely hostile (which we've already gone over, so that's said and done). In that case, Opa has the right to be defensive and do what he feels best to protect the forums. After all, it is he who has to make the hard decisions here. Everything he does *will* have an effect on the forums.About loyal members, I do believe there should be extra benefits. It's like when you work for a company. After 6 months you may get medical insurance, after a year dental/vision, and after 2 years all of the above and paid vacations. That's just how the world works -- people are rewarded for loyalty.So on that note I completely feel where you're coming from in the thought that there should be something to separate inactive members from active ones. But again, that is all up to Opa and I respect his decision either way. Regardless as to what you think is "right," he knows more about his decisions and why he makes them.

I'm really on the fence about this.
Yes, Anwii is a long-time member of the forums and all, but Opa probably saw his posts the same way I did -- as being extremely hostile (which we've already gone over, so that's said and done). In that case, Opa has the right to be defensive and do what he feels best to protect the forums. After all, it is he who has to make the hard decisions here. Everything he does *will* have an effect on the forums.

About loyal members, I do believe there should be extra benefits. It's like when you work for a company. After 6 months you may get medical insurance, after a year dental/vision, and after 2 years all of the above and paid vacations. That's just how the world works -- people are rewarded for loyalty.

So on that note I completely feel where you're coming from in the thought that there should be something to separate inactive members from active ones. But again, that is all up to Opa and I respect his decision either way. Regardless as to what you think is "right," he knows more about his decisions and why he makes them.

sorry, you missed my point in here, i am not talking about opaque in here, in fact i met opaque in the chat room after anwiii posted his topic, and when we asked him about that topic he said HE WILL NEVER BAN ANY MEMBER BECAUSE BEING HONEST, and this is one of his best quality i think, being wise and patient and deal with things very smartly.

but i am talking here about how buffelohelp ban anwiii because he stated his opinion about sky's topic and here is the link of the topic

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/72419-10211-you-may-only-use-up-to-2-urls-in-your-signature/

and still say, RULES should be applied fairly not randomly, or IT WON'T CALLED RULES ANYMORE.

sorry, you missed my point in here, i am not talking about opaque in here, in fact i met opaque in the chat room after anwiii posted his topic, and when we asked him about that topic he said HE WILL NEVER BAN ANY MEMBER BECAUSE BEING HONEST, and this is one of his best quality i think, being wise and patient and deal with things very smartly.
but i am talking here about how buffelohelp ban anwiii because he stated his opinion about sky's topic and here is the link of the topic

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/72419-10211-you-may-only-use-up-to-2-urls-in-your-signature/

and still say, RULES should be applied fairly not randomly, or IT WON'T CALLED RULES ANYMORE.

I've already read through that topic. I don't see that Anwii was ever banned. Buffalo just warned him to take a break before he took it further. It was a friendly warning -- not even an official one. And it definitely wasn't a ban.

You guys are blowing things way out of proportion. You want to see the site/admins as being corrupt and you're trying to twist their words/actions to make them benefit your view.

I can assure you that anwiii was not banned. It is very common for members to use false terminology (which is also a form of rhetoric in this case) for a simple posting disability, which this topic shows. Let's get things straight, "posting disability" does not equal "ban." anwiii is still able to use the PM system, the chat system, the report system, et cetera; in other words, he can post anywhere except the forums. A ban means he would not be able to do any of those things. This is why "posting disability" and "ban/suspend" are in two different categories within the warning system. Nevertheless, this information, i feel, will only be able to at least cease misuse of words within this topic, if at all any.

I know anwiii's bluntness can be troublesome for him and it has gotten him in trouble in the past, but i'm sure even you can agree that someone can "stand up" to an admin without bringing in irrelevant statements to the discussion. Sure, i do not know of whatever conversations went on in personal messages with anwiii and BuffaloHelp, and for that reason i cannot properly respond to this issue without appearing like i am fully against anwiii, but the very fact that anwiii seems to have introduced a glimpse of their discussion into the public forums when personal messages are supposed to be personal (only concerns them two), appears to be one of the reasons, if not the only reason, why anwiii currently has a posting disability. If anwiii chooses to remain, then you'll see him posting again within these forums; however, i cannot gaurantee that a topic similar to this one won't be started by him.

I've been on anwiii's bad side before in the past, so i know of, or have caught many glimpses of, how he would think of you or decide to treat you. Perhaps that is the reason why today anwiii's words do not have the same effect on me as they once did. He can very well indeed stur emotions within the other person if you are not careful. web_designer, you said you would not show anyone your respect if they do not show you respect. If you were in an admins position and assumed that standard, what would you have done? Certainly, not showing someone else respect does not involve displaying wisdom and patience. web_designer, does showing respect involve telling another person that they are self-rightous, that they like to be in a position that makes them feel high and mighty, and that they are spreading lies? Can any of these things be shown from the post anwiii responded to from BuffaloHelp in the topic -Sky- made? Do you think anwiii's point about moderators and forum balance can be made without these irrelevant things? You may respond that you still wouldn't have placed a posting disability on anwiii, but that is not a complete answer to "What would you have done with your assumed standard?"

I do believe loyal members should get rewards, gifts, and what-have-you for their loyalty. However, even i realize that certain things can be left out within a discussion. This is not to say that loyalty implies keeping your mouth shut for everything that goes on in the forums. This is to say that you can bring up your concerns without ad hominem statements. I also realize that rhetoric may be required within a discussion, but this should be for fighting against other rhetoric and therefore shouldn't be started before any other rhetorical statement.

Concerning rules, rules within a forum are dictated based on user conduct. For that reason a new rule may be introduced or an old rule may be dropped. There is no such thing as a rule that doesn't inconvenience or restrict someone. And a forum rule can only be enforced in so far as the forum system itself allows you to. BuffaloHelp has the option to limit signatures and therefore chose a limitation for all members. Sure, limiting the amount of links one can have in a signature will not enforce the TOS (which states no referrals allowed) for signatures (unless you disable links in signatures altogether), and, yeah, reporting members and using moderators is a more practical way of dealing with violation of the TOS within signatures, but the decision from BuffaloHelp to apply the current restriction was not random. You may not agree with it, but if one is to voice their opinions and thoughts about it, does one need to go further than what i agree with from anwiii's post?

I can assure you that anwiii was not banned. It is very common for members to use false terminology (which is also a form of rhetoric in this case) for a simple posting disability, which this topic shows. Let's get things straight, "posting disability" does not equal "ban." anwiii is still able to use the PM system, the chat system, the report system, et cetera; in other words, he can post anywhere except the forums. A ban means he would not be able to do any of those things. This is why "posting disability" and "ban/suspend" are in two different categories within the warning system. Nevertheless, this information, i feel, will only be able to at least cease misuse of words within this topic, if at all any.

I know anwiii's bluntness can be troublesome for him and it has gotten him in trouble in the past, but i'm sure even you can agree that someone can "stand up" to an admin without bringing in irrelevant statements to the discussion. Sure, i do not know of whatever conversations went on in personal messages with anwiii and BuffaloHelp, and for that reason i cannot properly respond to this issue without appearing like i am fully against anwiii, but the very fact that anwiii seems to have introduced a glimpse of their discussion into the public forums when personal messages are supposed to be personal (only concerns them two), appears to be one of the reasons, if not the only reason, why anwiii currently has a posting disability. If anwiii chooses to remain, then you'll see him posting again within these forums; however, i cannot gaurantee that a topic similar to this one won't be started by him.

I've been on anwiii's bad side before in the past, so i know of, or have caught many glimpses of, how he would think of you or decide to treat you. Perhaps that is the reason why today anwiii's words do not have the same effect on me as they once did. He can very well indeed stur emotions within the other person if you are not careful. web_designer, you said you would not show anyone your respect if they do not show you respect. If you were in an admins position and assumed that standard, what would you have done? Certainly, not showing someone else respect does not involve displaying wisdom and patience. web_designer, does showing respect involve telling another person that they are self-rightous, that they like to be in a position that makes them feel high and mighty, and that they are spreading lies? Can any of these things be shown from the post anwiii responded to from BuffaloHelp in the topic -Sky- made? Do you think anwiii's point about moderators and forum balance can be made without these irrelevant things? You may respond that you still wouldn't have placed a posting disability on anwiii, but that is not a complete answer to "What would you have done with your assumed standard?"

I do believe loyal members should get rewards, gifts, and what-have-you for their loyalty. However, even i realize that certain things can be left out within a discussion. This is not to say that loyalty implies keeping your mouth shut for everything that goes on in the forums. This is to say that you can bring up your concerns without ad hominem statements. I also realize that rhetoric may be required within a discussion, but this should be for fighting against other rhetoric and therefore shouldn't be started before any other rhetorical statement.

Concerning rules, rules within a forum are dictated based on user conduct. For that reason a new rule may be introduced or an old rule may be dropped. There is no such thing as a rule that doesn't inconvenience or restrict someone. And a forum rule can only be enforced in so far as the forum system itself allows you to. BuffaloHelp has the option to limit signatures and therefore chose a limitation for all members. Sure, limiting the amount of links one can have in a signature will not enforce the TOS (which states no referrals allowed) for signatures (unless you disable links in signatures altogether), and, yeah, reporting members and using moderators is a more practical way of dealing with violation of the TOS within signatures, but the decision from BuffaloHelp to apply the current restriction was not random. You may not agree with it, but if one is to voice their opinions and thoughts about it, does one need to go further than what i agree with from anwiii's post?

I pretty much agree with everything you said here. I think any issues people have with admins (or moderators) should be kept between themselves. Bringing a personal vendetta into the forums is only going to cause problems between everyone.

Regarding signatures, I never saw anything wrong with it from the get-go. I even gave an alternative (using an image to put all the text), as did someone else. Choosing not to use an alternative just because you disagree on the limitation to begin with is a little childish. As I said before, everything is done for a reason -- rules and changes are no different.

I am positive Buffalo did nothing to purposely make anyone mad. If he wanted to do that he'd just save the time and effort and ban people instead. Based on Anwii's posts, I feel as if Anwii thinks Buffalo made the change solely to harass him or something. Or at least that's what I pulled from his argument.

Regardless, what's done is done. It's time to move on and let the past stay in the past. I hope Anwii can keep his cool and re-join us at some point.

P.S. : If you get really angry just talk it out with yourself silently and let it go. It's not worth making a huge scene over something so insignificant.

:) My REPLY to this thread is posted here which explains this situation better :-
72419-10211-you-may-only-use-up-to-2-urls-in-your-signature

Hi WD! What happened to you dear? I love you more than anwii .. so please chill. He is as dear to me as you are. But, who told you, our TEAM has BANNED anwii.

I took time to reply to your previous thread (which caused this thread..LOL), I understand and I appreciate you took time to share it with us. But, please... don't be soo upset. I want you to leave for your vacations with a good :) smile and come back with an EVER BIGGER ONE :D XD

wd- don't listen to anyone who tells you i wasn't banned. i was clearly banned without any warning whatsoever. every person who wants to hide the truth will be going on my new webpage dedicated in buffalohelp's honor so i can lie in the forums as lying in the forums seems to be looked highly upon instead of criticizing when you think something is terribly wrong and if you fear getting banned frivolously without warning.thank you for your support, WD. you will be going on my new web page along with a few more loyal members that i will add to on a regular basis. this will create more balanced to my words against what i believe to be unfair here. there is a lot of good here. and there is also something terribly wrong. i will expose both :)and anyone who wants a lesson on keywords and how to rank high in google should pay attention to this web page. i will post a link to it soon.

wd- don't listen to anyone who tells you i wasn't banned. i was clearly banned without any warning whatsoever. every person who wants to hide the truth will be going on my new webpage dedicated in buffalohelp's honor so i can lie in the forums as lying in the forums seems to be looked highly upon instead of criticizing when you think something is terribly wrong and if you fear getting banned frivolously without warning.
thank you for your support, WD. you will be going on my new web page along with a few more loyal members that i will add to on a regular basis. this will create more balanced to my words against what i believe to be unfair here. there is a lot of good here. and there is also something terribly wrong. i will expose both :)and anyone who wants a lesson on keywords and how to rank high in google should pay attention to this web page. i will post a link to it soon.

Wow... you really are going hardcore with this anwiii. Well, its your choice if you want something like that. The least you can do is make at least a few interesting points there :P And what are the 'rank high in google' tips for? Because I have a few here if anyone wants them :D

Wow! What the heck happened? I turn my back for a day or 2 and all hell breaks loose! At first I thought somebody was mean to Web Designer, from her topic title, which I found really hard to believe, she is much too nice and friendly for that to have happened. I hate to see Buffalo and Anwiii having a pissing contest. But that is just going to happen any time you have 2 people who are opinionated and not afraid to state their opinions. That little fact has gotten me into trouble any number of times too. So I can sympathise. I sure hope they get things worked out. I also hope they hurry up and fix my cents.

Wow! What the heck happened? I turn my back for a day or 2 and all hell breaks loose! At first I thought somebody was mean to Web Designer, from her topic title, which I found really hard to believe, she is much too nice and friendly for that to have happened. I hate to see Buffalo and Anwiii having a pissing contest. But that is just going to happen any time you have 2 people who are opinionated and not afraid to state their opinions. That little fact has gotten me into trouble any number of times too. So I can sympathise.
I sure hope they get things worked out. I also hope they hurry up and fix my cents.

I'm sorry you had to come back now, in the heat of things.. You could have been lucky if you came back a few more days later, when I HOPE it will finally get over... which it probably it won't because Anwiii is making a 'webpage' or more a 'hatepage' about Buffalohelp. He sure does seem pissed off about the warnings and everything.

any time you have 2 people who are opinionated and not afraid to state their opinions.

And why should they BE AFRAID to state their opinions? It's literally freedom of speech and each one of them 'think' that they have the better side/that they are right. I believe that that both of them are right/wrong and both have them have made mistakes but im sure they won't admit it yet... not until everything blows up, then they will understand.

I'm sorry you had to come back now, in the heat of things.. You could have been lucky if you came back a few more days later, when I HOPE it will finally get over... which it probably it won't because Anwiii is making a 'webpage' or more a 'hatepage' about Buffalohelp. He sure does seem pissed off about the warnings and everything.

And why should they BE AFRAID to state their opinions? It's literally freedom of speech and each one of them 'think' that they have the better side/that they are right. I believe that that both of them are right/wrong and both have them have made mistakes but im sure they won't admit it yet... not until everything blows up, then they will understand.

"Freedom of speech" only counts when it does not harm another person. This is why you can't slander others (and can be sued for doing so). This is why you can't yell "fire" in a crowded theatre (or other place). This is why you can't make threats to people.

What it means is you are free to do it as long as you are not infringing on anothers' rights. This is a private forum and by putting down the administrator, moderator, the forums, or anything else you are infringing on their rights. Thus they have not a legal right, but a legal *OBLIGATION* to deal with the situation (if you're going to bring up our Bill of Rights then you have to understand that resolving the problems is not a right, it's a requirement of all citizens).

Second of all, Opa isn't from the U.S. I thought. In which case your entire argument is irrelevant anyways.