xisto Community
Ash-Bash

Getting Web Hosting Popular?

Hi guys,I finally got my web hosting company setup (Link in my sig) I was wondering how would you get such a business popular, advertised. I have tried doing special offers and its really cheap.Can anyone help.

what i would do is to try and think creative. i have many ideas ash. one idea is to really think about who you are catering to. you are catering to people that want websites. SO making websites or having someone work with you to make websites might be in your best interest. instead of promoting hosting, you promote web design to individuals or local businesses. part of the package would have to be......you guess it.....webhosting. this type of marketing has been done for ages. create a low front end product, and then continue making money on the back end product.this is just one idea. i am sure if you thought about it ash, you can come up with several good ideas. or why don't you go to your local library and pick up a good book on sales and marketing since you want to be in business and don't know how. whatever you do, keep with it and DONT GIVE UP!!!

That what I done last time 'Give up' I have done a search on Google of all the local business near me and sent them all emails if they would like me to host there sites for a very low price and if they would like to meet me in person or give me a ring for verification I think that always helps for people to buy your product(s).

I have done a search on Google of all the local business near me and sent them all emails if they would like me to host there sites for a very low price and if they would like to meet me in person or give me a ring for verification I think that always helps for people to buy your product(s).

Most people will likely have deleted the email as spam, if their email client didn't already send it there, unfortunately.

You need to target yourself to people who actually want web hosting; most business owners are unlikely to be clued up on web hosting, but will want "a website". When people want "a website" they approach a website designer, not a hosting company. As anwiii has said, you could try working with website designers to create some sort of package deal, or offer them a referral incentive - for every client they send your way that buys hosting, they get 10% of the invoice paid to them. Just remember that most web hosting companies will likely have a similar deal already in place, so you will need to convince them why they should switch to you. Individual freelance web designers may be easier to get on board, but will have fewer clients with smaller sites.

Another approach to target yourself is with keyword advertising on Google, Yahoo, etc. Buy ads for keywords related to web hosting, therefore targeting yourself at people who already know what web hosting is and what they want. However, this is an incredibly competitive sector, so you will likely need to pay quite a bit for a good ad placement.

The Yellow Pages, Thompson Phone Book, BT Phone Directory, etc are all also alternatives. Just make sure you get listed under the right section, and take a look at current adverts you would be competing with. Make sure you have something that stands out and leaps off the page to draw attention to yourself over your competitors. Remember that this will be a local advertisement though, so you won't achieve the same presence as other methods. Local magazines are a good option too, but your advert would not be targeted to those looking for web hosting.

You could also think about doing web design and adding hosting to the package. As someone else said target towards designers instead of companies, but I have noticed that places that offer "free hosting" with design packages also do quite well.For example, let's say you were charging $150 for a 6 page site. Adding in hosting you could do like $180 for the site and 5 free years of hosting.More or less you want to go above what the average guy does. Offer more stuff and it will take you further. If I were a company, for example, I would much rather get my design work and hosting from one person than to get design from one and still have to deal with my own hosting solutions.

That what I done last time 'Give up' I have done a search on Google of all the local business near me and sent them all emails if they would like me to host there sites for a very low price and if they would like to meet me in person or give me a ring for verification I think that always helps for people to buy your product(s).

That is a really bad idea because the way to make money with this type of business is maintaned your intention focus in the internet clients and not in the offline clients. First of all nobody will give you their website to be host in your webhosting because the hosting is relativately new and all the new business in the internet are exposed to close in a few months. So you have to be consolidated to get this type of contracts. The big or relativately big sites have their own servers or pay to a big company to control their own servers so you have to focus your marketing in the people who is looking to a webhosting service in the internet. The people like us who came to Xisto.com with the intention to get a webhosting service. We are small compared with other people who have big sites but we are a big potential nyche that is being exploted by other companies. The competers are not so agressive and you can get a piece of the cake if you focus your marketing in the online market and not in the offline market.

Bye.

If you are proving a paid service then it is really difficult since the market is so flooded with not only free hosting, but also paid hosting companies that are stable and have credibility. People don't like to take risk unless there is an incentive involved that can't be turned down. That is why I agree that the best way to start is with local businesses who may want a website but don't understand how to develop one. The best thing to charge people for web design, and then purchase the actual service from someone else at a lower price. Then at the same time, sell the person web hosting. It may be a good idea to give them one month free as a test run.

I find it easy to locate people or businesses looking for web site design and hosting. But the first thing to do is get yourself some clients. How? Offer to do 2 or 3 for free. This gets you the experience needed, work out the kinks, and it provides you with the most powerful advertising on the planet, word of mouth. Once you establish those 2 or 3, then start to market locally. Start with churches, and focus on media streaming, video and vocal. Then you can move to bigger companies. Hosting is always an added option, but go in with the mindset, "I am selling a web site AND I can host it for an additional fee" provide them with a list of why they should host with you over whomever they have already. Then just go in for the kill. that is how I see it.