xisto Community
Amby

Gay Marriage

Personally, being a gay man and all, I don't care one way or the other what the church or goverment says is correct or wrong. I live my life the way I see fit and don't appologize to anyone for anything I might say or do. It's not in my nature to be the person who feels guilty about something I say and/or do. If I say something rude, I ment to say it. If I say or do something that happens to go against someone elses beliefs, get over it! It's my life, you don't have to pay any attention to me whatsoever. I've been this way all my life. I've never followed the "mainstream," I like to follow my own path and if I step on someones toes along the way, they should have gotten out of mine. It may sound heartless and cruel, but I don't think being honest with yourself and others is cruel at all. Some may mistake it for intentional cruelty. It is never my intention to hurt anyone and I don't believe it is right for someone to do the same to me. Sure, the truth can hurt. But that's just something everyone has to deal with sooner or later. I would personally prefer sooner rather than later and have it done with. No sense in delaying the inevitable. As for our government. They're hypocrites! Plain and simple. They say this is a country of "equal opportunity." Bah! What they mean to say is that if you think, look and feel exactly the same way they do, then you can have your freedoms and rights. Talk about the new world! It's not new, it's the same old situation, it just happens to have a new look. Gay marriage is just one of many issues in the US and other countries. There are more important issues in the world than if you can be LEGALLY married to a partner or not. I wouldn't get married, even if it were legal. I want absolutely nothing to do with any church. Which is exactly where marriage comes from. I don't need a piece of paper to tell me or my partner how much I love them. I have lips, a voice and actions that can do that just fine. Besides, having the benefits of marriage can be obtained through the law without having to deal with the church.

TOPIC : GAY MARRIAGE

ALL MEMBERS ARE KINDLY REQUESTED TO STAY WITHIN YOUR LIMITS!

KEEP THE BOARD GUIDELINES AT THE BACK OF YOUR HEAD BEFORE POSTING.

IF YOU ARE ENRAGED REGARDING A POINT, GO DRINK 2 GLASSES OF WATER, COOL DOWN AND THEN GET BACK TO POST!

YOU WANNA SLAP SOMEONE, JUST TRY TO EXPLAIN THE STUFF AND PROVE THE OTHERS WRONG RATHER THAN FLAMING! BECAUSE, FLAMING WILL SIMPLY GET YOU BANNED!

EVEN A FORUM LIKE "VENT" HAS SOME LIMITS!

SEE TO IT THAT YOU DONT HURT ANY FEELINGS. THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN CREATED FOR A DISCUSSION RELATED TO GAY MARRIAGE AND GAY COMMUNITY. DONT MAKE IT AS A WAY OF FLAMING GAY PEOPLE OR POINTING OUT ANY GAY COUPLE.

THIS POST IS ONLY A REMINDER. THIS TOPIC IS GETTING A LOT OF ATTENTION. I AM NOT POINTING ANY POSTS BY THIS. JUST CONSIDER IT AS A REMINDER CALL!

I find nothing wrong with gay marriage if two people love each other and are willing to spend the rest of there lives together i think that they should be able to do it legally without conflict. now the issue of marriage is as a christian union between a man and a woman now thats a different story but there are many people who arent christian that reap the benifits of marriage without objection i think that there should be a legal union for gays who wish to spend there lives together if not marriage find another label for it but love is love and this country shouldnt deny a persons right to marriage just because of sexual preference

Wow, look at this. Just as I'd expected, today a judge in CA "Judge strikes down California gay marriage ban"

Celebrations. It is so glad to hear that the government, at least in one state, is smart enough and not biased enough to prevent this seemingly new Christian/Evangelical movement from forcing their hateful bigotry upon the morality onto the rest of the country. It's so good to see that the First Amendment is being kept strong. Like it is said in this article,

"Ruling says there is no rational purpose for limiting unions"

Maybe, and hopefully (in my opinion), the same will be happening for other states.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/7182628/

I think we should just let everyone do as they wish, as long as it is not intererring with the daily lifes of everyone else. Banning gay marrige won't get us any further ahead, it will only generate more protests and arguements. Those who want to participate in gay marrige should be allowed to, but to the extent that it is not influnceing our society that it becomes stereotypicayl for someone to be gay.

I'm a girl whose sexual orientation leads her to other girls. I'd love to be able to marry someone, but...I won't be able to, because people have big "problems" with it. I was debating this in another forum, and not ONE person gave me a good reason why not to allow it - except for religion. State marriage...What about that? Religion should not interfere with loev and marriage; after all, not all gays are religious :angry:

Im really not looking to debate on this, but feel free to post your own views and comments.. Ive debated it so much everywhere I go that I'd really like to just get all my anger out at once. LOL.

I'm getting really sick of people trying to play God in America.  It happens everyday, with a lot of the issues we face.. Ban this, legalize this, etc etc.  God is always an issue.. But hey, lets stick to the subject at hand.. Gay Marriage..

Im bisexual, and if I ever happen to find a beatiful inteligent lady that I love and care deeply for.. I'd like to think that, just like any other human being (i am still human, no matter what sex I am attracted to), I would be allowed to vow my everlasting love to her by means of marriage. 

People argue that it is a sin for two people of the same sex to marry, or to love each other, or to have sexual relations with one another.. They say.. The bible says this, the bible says that..

News Flash! The Bible was written by man.. Every man is a sinner.. So how do you know the words in that bible were not written to attempt to manipulate people into believing their views are right? How can you be, for certain, that those words are the words of God. He didnt write that bible, men wrote that bible, and no matter how good a person is.. They will always be a sinner. No one is perfect..

Also.. Who are you to play God? If how I live my life is not right by God, let me deal with the consquences of my actions when my time comes.  I dont need anyone to tell me how to live my life.. I dont need anyone telling me what is right or wrong.. All of these people who are against gay marriage.. Well.. Just like the men who wrote the bible, they too are sinners. I wish people would start concentrating on their own actions rather than dwelling on what I do in my personal life.  I dont go around telling others how to live their lives.. I concentrate on ME. I try to better myself, not everyone else.  I'll let God deal with others when their time comes!

I suppose in a way I do try to change others though.. I mean I do in this sense.. I'd like to be treated like anyone else.. Just because I am attracted to people of the same sex does not mean I am inhuman. I still have emotions, feelings, etc.  I'd like to be treated as if I do..

Anywho.. I think I'm done..

Huggles,

Amby

50502[/snapback]

You say the Bible was written by men and all men are sinners. But the Bible claims to be written by inspiration of God and that the fallacies of men have nothing to do with it:

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

So, the argument that it was written by men holds no water until you can prove that it is not flawless, and in all my years of actively debating with those who have tried to do so, I have yet to find one single certain contradiction.

That the Bible DOES say homosexual sex is a sin is clear, just read Romans 1:26-27, Leviticus 18:22, 1 Corinthians 6:9, and 1 Timothy 1:10.

On the other hand homosexual sex is stamped under fornication just like adultery, premarital sex, and yes, divorce. Let's see... I figure that just got about 90% of this post's future readers jumping up in outrage :unsure:

HOWEVER, we are all sinners and ANY sin will send you to Hell, it isn't by being good enough that we get to Heaven but by trusting in Christ alone for our righteousness.

HOWEVER, there is NO excuse for a Christian having homosexual sex as there is no excuse for a Christian to steal, lie, have sex outside of marriage (one man + one woman as decreed by God), or to hate others. Once saved our old body with our lusts is crucified and we are born again, given a new heart, a new Spirit, a new mind. In short, we're no longer slaves to our former lusts, saying you can't help what you feel is no longer an excuse, for we are now slaves to righteousness. And God changes us more and more as we submit ourselves to Him to make us more like Him.

Romans 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

If a person says they were saved several years ago but are still walking in a great sin like sex outside of marriage, homosexual sex, stealing, lying, etc... I personally would have to question whether they were ever saved at all.

Salvation is a heart transaction between you and God and we can see the fruit of a changed life, a changed heart, and the works that that will produce. If there is no change, that there was ever a changed heart is suspect.

Long story short, I think you are forcing others to go against their beliefs if you force churches to wed homosexuals, if they want to wed they should be able to even if they have to wed themselves. It's not homosexuality that will send them to Hell but any sin, and we're all guilty. The ultimate deciding factor in whether we reach Heaven or not is whether we have gotten in a right relationship with God through Jesus Christ our Lord. It has to be His payment for our sins we are trusting in to save us, and not anything we or anyone else can do.

One person I know likes using this analogy of this island (santa something I believe) that lies about 26 miles off the coast of California. You can try swimming out there but no matter how good you are eventually you'll fall short. So we all fall short, Jesus Christ is the one bridge to getting across, and if trying to make it any other way, we'll all fall short.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Damn It America, Gays are people, and just like the straits we should be able to marry anyone that we have a deep profound love for. Marrige is the binding of two souls for eternity, it is an expression of love, and if god didn't want us to be married then why did he give us those thoughts in the bible. Why didn't he just put an impulse in our brain that says "YOU LOVE THE OPPISITE SEX" it's because god does not care whether you a white, tan, black, strait, *happy*, or anything. As long as you believe in him, and repent. God will forgive you. That's it and the americans don't get it.

Well I think that because it is a free country people should be able to have *happy* marriages. It is their decision and if they both are happy with that decision then good for them. They have a right to be happy. If people don't like it who cares. It may be against your moral beliefs but it doesn't directly effect you. If you don't like something you see them doing turn away or plug your ears.. whatever. You don't have to be bisexual if you don't like but it also doesn't mean other people can't be. I am not gonna not be a friend of someone if they are *happy* even if they are the same sex as me. I do have a friend like that and he understands his limits and that I am not like that. If he ever does try something I can tell him to stop.

i honestly dont care about *happy* marriage. this is america, its a free country. as long as people aren't committing crimes of violence like killing someone, then let them do what they want. and *happy* guys are actually kinda fun to hang out with, they give you suggestions on what clothes look best XPbesides, it's not like you can ban them to the other side of the moon... :blink:

Hmm.. this thread got bumped up from a long while back, eh?I guess the laws have changed some, since then.. but not too much. Actually, Missouri (where I live) keeps passing laws against *happy* marriage, although I guess the general population of this forum seems to be alright with it.. maybe it's because there are so many people from other countries ^^Actually, it seems like every time I ask people, the ones in my generation are for it, but the older people seem to oppose it.. and since the 'old' people are in change now.. I guess we'll have to wait another few years until we get old enough to start changing politics, ourselves.(Although my dad says that when you we grow up, we'll understand things better and our views will change.. then we'll all change to opposing it, too.. but I don't quite believe that ^^; (I think that by 19, my views on something like this are about .. where they're gonna stay ^^))

Joshua beat me to this post again. Yes, the Bible was directly inspired by the Holy Spirit, part of the Trinity that is the voice of God telling what and what not to do if you listen. That is why the Bible is a holy book, because it was inspired of God. And I don't think He would have let it be published so widely as the word of God if it wasn't true.I am against *happy* marriage because it is:1. Not natural2. Against the Word of God3. Is a bad example to kids and other young peoplePeople say, "as long as you are happy". Some people are happy to kill too. Does it make it right? No! I believe anyone looking at the simnple anatomy of human beings can see that we were created for a man-woman relationship! That is my take on it guys. There is this topic a lot in this forum, I have been involved in several debates on the subject and realize that this is a big isue, but one that is so simple with the ansewr so clear in the Bible it is pathetic.

Hmmm killing and getting married are two whole different subjects :P

Anyways, the idea of 2 people of the same sex doesn't attract me as well, but people are to decide for themselves what's good for them and with whom to marry.

And uh... the Bible was inspired by people who thought they were close to the God they worship, same as the Koran and all those other holy books, but thats a whole different subject as well.

We as humans got free will, wich is given by our Creator and isn't given to us to amuse Him/Her/It. So if some want to marry another from the same sex, why not? They ain't hurting other peoples with it. (Except if they go into details :) )

I said i wasnt going to reply to this thread, but i guess i am...I personally don't want to get married, its not a big dream of mine to say "I do". But the fact that i cant, in many places just makes me feel worthless to be honest. I don't understand why people think its so horrible. Why does it matter if i love someone, and marry them? Does it really have an effect on anyone besides him and I? No it doesn't. Its MY life not anyone elses...People say its a sin. But the divorce rate is so high, and thats a sin. But its okay because its a man and a women? People are having premarital sex, but its okay as long as they are straight? Religion and Politics arent even supposed to have anything to do with eachother, but it always seems intertwined. Just because marriage was supposed to be religious, doesn't mean it still is. Having a nice wedding between two people of the same sex, is not nearly as bad as getting completly wasted and getting married to a stranger in Las Vegas...but oh its okay because its a man and a women. I just dont understand peoples reasoning...As long as no one is getting hurt, i think people deserve to live a happy life. And is it really so bad if two people of the same sex get married and adopt kids? Is it really so horrible that two people get to be happy with eachother, and a child has a loving place to live? Or are you just afraid that kids will grow up open minded, oh the horror. All kids really want is two loving parents, kids arent born bigots people making them that way. And you can believe in god, without thumping the bible. I know a lot of hardcore christians who will actually stand up for *happy* marriage, because they can determine what is right (if anything is at all) in the bible, and what really just has no purpose and its just bigotry. Im done with this post before i say anything i will regret (not regret because they are my opinions, but regret that it will get me in trouble.)

Erm.. Well im a true christan i dont care if it was men that write the bible. I believe that *happy* marriages isn't right i mean its kinda weird how 2 people of the same sex can be attracted to each other. I think people can have feelings for people of the same sex but i dont think they should get married its just not right. i have *happy* friends and lesbians but i dont really care that they get married but i jsut dont think that it is right