xisto Community
The Simpleton

Started Receiving Invoice Notices - When's The Mycent Gonna Be Back? [resolved] :(

I've got two hosting accounts over here - a basic account and a pro(?) account($6.66). Both of them are now overdue and I have started receiving the overdue notices for the first account today. So in two days that account will be suspended and I'll be slapped a late fee. All my myCENTs are here in the forum, accumulating over the days. Does anyone have an idea when the script will start again? I paid off a late fee just around a week back and now I don't want to pay it for two accounts again!!!

The thing is that there is some major update work going on in Xisto. I guess MyCents is gonna be back in 4 days from now. But raise your issue to opaque and ask him, he might be able to help you

I do not condone any late payments, but if you are completely bottomed out just wait for few days. Xisto - Web Hosting will send you another invoice (2nd notice). You'll have until then to pay in full.In the mean time, submit a support ticket explaining your situation and that you're waiting for myCENT to be deposited to your account. But I have to ask, you have zero balance currently and you're expecting earnings of enough myCENT to pay off both accounts? Really...? It's just that in 1 week you can earn enough myCENT to pay both invoices...Anyway, what you can do for this billing period is to pay with your PayPal or other form of payment. That should keep your account to the current and no worries in suspended hosting accounts. And once this billing is over you'll have your myCENT to pay for the next. That would be the best solution.

I do not condone any late payments, but if you are completely bottomed out just wait for few days. Xisto - Web Hosting will send you another invoice (2nd notice). You'll have until then to pay in full.
Anyway, what you can do for this billing period is to pay with your PayPal or other form of payment. That should keep your account to the current and no worries in suspended hosting accounts. And once this billing is over you'll have your myCENT to pay for the next. That would be the best solution.

I do not have any problem about paying through Paypal etc, but the very fact that myCent is used to avoid paying in hard cash in from your credit card etc, is being withdrawn if you end up in a position where you expect to earn at-least a couple of myCent Dollars and are not being processed and to avoid being suspended you need to fish out from your Paypal account is a sad story. Exactly when you know there should have been enough from your myCent feature.

But that is something that we a t Xisto or for that matter at the Xisto get as a bonus, there should not be any wining and heartburn. After-all there is the upgrade going for the better and we just need to wait and thank the admin for their great support and help.

And I think we will have the myCent system rolling soon.

Yes. I share frustration with you all. OpaQue will keep his word and add myCENT to your account just as he promised. You'll be flooded with myCENT all at once. But in the mean time, you have not earned any myCENT and you are faced with your invoice. Although paying out of your pocket just this time was what I asked of you... but I also understand that "that" wasn't the deal. And we are in the middle of upgrading the forum earlier than anticipated and so... what do we do...Again, try sending them an email asking for some grace period. I know that paying customers get up to 3 reminders (one per each late week) before the account is suspended. I am not sure of free web hosting accounts.However, asking for some grace period wouldn't hurt. I am not saying they will allow your account to laps in payment. But it doesn't hurt to ask for small extension to your invoice--if you find yourself unable to pay otherwise.

Yes,i got one update with invoice as well. and mycents are deducted from my account and there is need for more mycents for my other accounts. So i need mycent update immediately. I wish i get enough mycent cause i posted a lot during downtime. Other than that kontera revenue sharing mod should be back as well.

I don't have the capacity to pay through paypal, which is the reason why I ended up on these forums in the first place :P Actually things were going on well before the forum upgrade; I was earning myCENTs at a healthy pace and one of the two accounts needed just $0.27 more to complete the payment, while the second account needed $6.66, which I was planning to get within three days. But this unexpected change occurred and my plans were spoiled. I wish there had been an announcement of some sort so that members like me could try and earn some quick dollars before the system got down. Well anyway, let bygones be bygones. I'll write to the support team and see what they can do, and in the meantime I'll keep an eye out for the myCENTs. Everything seems to be happening unexpectedly over here :)

Anyway, what you can do for this billing period is to pay with your PayPal or other form of payment. That should keep your account to the current and no worries in suspended hosting accounts. And once this billing is over you'll have your myCENT to pay for the next. That would be the best solution.

actually, you are trying to give the best solution AFTER the fact. the fact is, people were given absolutely no warning about this upgrade phase. in the past, i kept suggesting that people need to be informed from the admins and the admins didn't update the users before the upgrade or give any time to prepare for what might happen to their accounts if paying by mycents.

granted, it's not just the admins faults, but the faults of people who want to wait til the last minute to pay for hosting. in the old credit system, i was a FIRM believer in never going below 30 days credits. the same rule should apply to hosting accounts. if you have less than $2 in your account or less than 30 days hosting fees, then it's a sign you need to post more if you want to keep your hosting. if you have a life outside the forums. that's ok too. it's just a matter of what is most important and you make your choices based on that fact.

during this upgrade phase, i hope support can give grace periods for at LEAST just the hosting accounts(excluding domains). it makes sense to do that. if not, then it's really going to be hard to support this place when they can give no warning about the upgrade proccess and lose new users in the meantime that just want to keep up their hosting....and even old users like simpleton.....

My account is suspend and I am waiting for mycents to be updated before I can reinstein my account. Meanwhile, I am making posts and hoping that it will be up soon. But so far, nothing is moving and my website remain unavailable.

My account is suspend and I am waiting for mycents to be updated before I can reinstein my account. Meanwhile, I am making posts and hoping that it will be up soon. But so far, nothing is moving and my website remain unavailable.

That's pretty bad. Not only that but it shows "Account suspended" rather than just a page unavailable.
Pretty lackluster.
I've built forums myself and it shouldn't take this long for a few tweaks.
Edited by networker (see edit history)

That's pretty bad. Not only that but it shows "Account suspended" rather than just a page unavailable.Pretty lackluster.
I've built forums myself and it shouldn't take this long for a few tweaks.

Agree. There is nothing we can do about until mycents is back and there isn't any signs that it will be back soon.

Agree. There is nothing we can do about until mycents is back and there isn't any signs that it will be back soon.

My account's gone as well.....still hoping that the script will be ready soon and I can pay back the huge debt. After this whole mess is over I'm going to stock up on the credits so that I'm not bothered by this problem for at least a year.

The Simpleton, good idea, I'm not planning to switch hosting until I have a good few months credits in the bank. That way I will be prepared for any eventuality, whether it be losing the computer or forum issues.PS. Could someone tell me what the red MyCent numbers mean?

I have written to Opaque and he had help me get the website back up. I have just receive another invoice for the month. Mycents is not back up and there is every chance that my website will be down again. I know the people are working hard on getting mycents up but this is not good. Having the site down for a couple of days every month, and in no time, all the visitors will be gone.