xisto Community
BuffaloHelp

Design New Forum's Logo

I hope it is good enough to be included in the banner rotation I don't think that it is as original as the other ones like web_designer's but I tried to make it look as PROFESSIONAL as possible and a banner that could attract visitors.

it is a good one deadmad, i really like it :) i love the way you choose the orange with the white, they are so suitable with the background. and i love that little fire :P , good job.

I like Truefusion & SaintMichaels logo and this one by WD.

Posted Image

that image will have to be edited if you are going to use it. the color is off
Edited by anwiii (see edit history)

that image will have to be edited if you are going to use it. the color is off

How is the 'color off'? The orange, white and blue go perfectly with the blue theme... can you explain a bit here? Thanks~

How is the 'color off'? The orange, white and blue go perfectly with the blue theme... can you explain a bit here? Thanks~

there should be a top strip with a lighter shade of blue. it was obvious to me when i looked at it...

I just measured the color from my browser (so it may not be 100% correct), and it turned out you image background is #1D3752, and the banner is a similar color (somewhere around - #1C3752, for instance :D), depending on the place I take the sample from.

So.... I think it's OK ;)

My vote goes for Deadmad and then wd. Deadmad you might consider making yours a little 'less simple' . I'm no pro but I think if you add a little more 'blurriness' to the background in your image it might improve it.

Simple = is more professional, at least in the case of logos.

You want the readers to recognize your site by the logo -- like McDonalds 'M' and the Nike 'Swoosh sign'. In some cases the logo might not make a mark on the users if it is too complicated.

I'm going to make a V2 of the motto with

- light spot (if it looks good)
- make the black chat icon into white
- adjust hue and saturation

@magnafrost - there is no point in making the background blurry , it has match with the right side of the theme.

@web_designer - you might want to add a little brightness in there , the gray is too powerful and different shade of orange would be nice too!

If anyone has more suggestions to change my logo, feel free to ask!
Edited by deadmad7 (see edit history)

@web_designer - you might want to add a little brightness in there , the gray is too powerful and different shade of orange would be nice too!

thank you deadmad i will try and see, but i think it will look fade a little, well maybe i will try it if opaque replied that he wants that too, i don't want to change it again if he didn't like it so i will wait and see.

@rvalkass, good work your logo is simple and elegant i like it.

you're gonna have to change it anyway. there is no light blue strip on the top of your logo to match the current theme

you're gonna have to change it anyway. there is no light blue strip on the top of your logo to match the current theme

no i don't have to anwiii, because i already did fix it in the first page of this thread, but opaque picked the wrong logo to use in his last post, check it please.

well i still love your logos the best. i really don't like the simples logos. they look too plain to me. i also don't like those techie looking logos. it just doesn't fit what i think this forum is about. but the one opaque posted(which was evidently the wrong one) isn't the one of the ones i like either. i like a couple of the others you made though!opaque, why are you posting the wrong logo for?!? :)

Rvalkass, nice logo -- but I think this one is a little too flat and doesn't stand out much. And what is the vector/snow flake thing on the left? Maybe you can use a different one or add someone extra to it?

thank you deadmad i will try and see, but i think it will look fade a little, well maybe i will try it if opaque replied that he wants that too, i don't want to change it again if he didn't like it so i will wait and see.
@rvalkass, good work your logo is simple and elegant i like it.

Yup, I think I will wait and see what OpaQue says before I change anything, he might not like the result or something.

well i still love your logos the best. i really don't like the simples logos. they look too plain to me. i also don't like those techie looking logos. it just doesn't fit what i think this forum is about. but the one opaque posted(which was evidently the wrong one) isn't the one of the ones i like either. i like a couple of the others you made though!
opaque, why are you posting the wrong logo for?!? :)

Gee anwiii, glad to know that you don't like mine. Thanks alot lol :) and what do you mean by 'techie' logos? 'it just doesn't fit what i think this forum is about' I think mine does, at has a chat icon thing on flame? how can it get better than that for a forum logo :D

BTW, try making one, we will love to see the outcome!