xisto Community
BuffaloHelp

Design New Forum's Logo

Here is my entry:

Posted Image

I do not know of the fonts used in the actual Xisto logo, so i picked whatever looked good. You can see it in context here.

I say that we use TrueFusion's, they look awesome! Nice work.

I should also add that the max dimension is 465px X 100px. Sorry TF. But I'm sure you'll get it right.web_designer, nice entries. I'm looking forward to many more inputs and suggestions! Keep those coming, guys! Looks awesome!!!PS, too bad we can't do like a random logo or rotating logos... HARK!!! perhaps our sig rotating script that we wrote in this forum might come in handy.. ??!!??

I should also add that the max dimension is 465px X 100px.

my first entries were 465*100

but after you mentioned that i should use sky's background they became 465*93, because sky's background dimensions are 465*93

so what now should i edit them or not??
Edited by web_designer (see edit history)

a few things here. Xisto is TWO WORDS. you guys are making your graphics like it's one word. this is why our current header words show different fonts. to distinguish "Xisto" as two words. you can use two fonts or maybe put a space or some other creative idea but how people are going about it is all wrong in my opinion.i don't like true fusions because it's hard to read the letters and there is just way too many dots in his. i kinda like WD's second one, but i absolutely do NOT like the pink letters at the bottom. i know you like pink, WD, but pink does not match the color theme of the forum right now. i do like the fonts used though. very detailed and readable. i also like the overall design.i still prefer the current design because it matches the home page. i think it should be a one design fits all image. whatever is on the home page is on the forums page(or something similar).

a few things here. Xisto is TWO WORDS. you guys are making your graphics like it's one word. this is why our current header words show different fonts. to distinguish "Xisto" as two words. you can use two fonts or maybe put a space or some other creative idea but how people are going about it is all wrong in my opinion.

that's a good point, i will separate them and post the entries again as soon as buffelohelp replied me about the dimensions to make the change once.

but i absolutely do NOT like the pink letters at the bottom. i know you like pink, WD, but pink does not match the color theme of the forum right now.

it is not pink anwiii, it is LIGHT ORANGE in hexa (# f9ad81). even if i like pink but i absolutely won't use it for the forum logo i know it not fits.
btwn if this is my forum i will make the logo full of flowers and butterflies, just kidding.

it is not pink anwiii, it is LIGHT ORANGE in hexa (# f9ad81). even if i like pink but i absolutely won't use it for the forum logo i know it not fits. btwn if this is my forum i will make the logo full of flowers and butterflies, just kidding.

well whatever ugly color it is, it doesn't work.

I'll post the modified version when ready. (I may edit this post when it is ready.)

a few things here. Xisto is TWO WORDS. you guys are making your graphics like it's one word. this is why our current header words show different fonts. to distinguish "Xisto" as two words. you can use two fonts or maybe put a space or some other creative idea but how people are going about it is all wrong in my opinion.
i don't like true fusions because it's hard to read the letters and there is just way too many dots in his. i kinda like WD's second one, but i absolutely do NOT like the pink letters at the bottom. i know you like pink, WD, but pink does not match the color theme of the forum right now. i do like the fonts used though. very detailed and readable. i also like the overall design.

i still prefer the current design because it matches the home page. i think it should be a one design fits all image. whatever is on the home page is on the forums page(or something similar).

My design contains two different fonts. I'll admit the second font doesn't do a good job with its "T" in "sutra" (as it tries to connect the letters); but concerning things being harder to read, i do believe a bigger font is always easier to read than incredibly small fonts. Concerning the dots, that may be reduced do to the resizing i have to do, which is about 200 pixels less in width, but i think your complaint deals mostly with the dots that seem to be more independent.

I have modified it to fit the maximum dimensions.

Posted Image

If i knew the name of the fonts used in the original Xisto logo, i would design another one with the proper fonts.

i updated my entries ti fit the dimensions, and a little changing.

Posted Image

Posted Image

@buffelohelp, so you want more, ok i will try to make another one, once i get a new idea.

post-1218-095970900 1274320616_thumb.jpg
Now that I got photoshop up here is one of my banners

I can't see this banner, it says I don't have enough permission or something... maybe something is wrong with the user system or permissions?