xisto Community
OpaQue

Introducing Decade Plan - A New Package For Freshers A package giving the basics at dead cheap price

This Decade Plan is especially for new members who want to host but not post. So here it is.. a good plan for your little website project without you having to spend time again and again at our forums. Get a free domain and a decade-hosting plan @ $10 to get sorted for 10 years. $10 for 10 years, i.e. $1 per Year. So pay $10 once and forget hosting for straight 10 years. The catch is, you will get support only via Forums.

If you are wondering about free domain then there are many free domain providers like co.cc / co.nr etc. Or you can opt for a free sub-domain (eg. yourname.trap17.net) (read more)

Package Features:-

Quota (MB) : 100

Bandwidth (MB) : 1000

Max FTP Accounts : 10

Max Email Accounts : 50 - google apps with mail, calendar, chat, docs etc. @yourdomain.com

Max Email Lists : 100

Max Databases : 1

Max Sub Domains : 10

Max Parked Domains : 10

Max Addon Domains : 0

Order / Grab Here ;)

Let's say, for example, that I used this and got 3 subdomains. Would I get 3 databases and 300Mb bandwidth, or is it constant regardless of the amount of subdomains?

those are the maximum resources for that packaged plan. if you create 3-5 sub domains, you still have the same resources so you would have to split them up among your sub domains. since you only have 1 database for the plan, you really can't plit it up between your sub domains. you can always upgrade to a better plan if you need more resources.

Let's say, for example, that I used this and got 3 subdomains. Would I get 3 databases and 300Mb bandwidth, or is it constant regardless of the amount of subdomains?

All the subdomains and TLD uses 1GB that is alloted to your acccount. It's not 1gb seperately for each subdomain. so if you use300 MB it will be counted towards monthly 1gb limit. Even your upcoming mail sent to horde and squirelmail is counted towards bandwidth. This is the reason it's better to set mailbox outside hosting account.

So in short it is consistent regardless of the amount of subdomains.

There is no option to partially upgrade BW or DISKSPACE in this package. You can upgrade this account to LOGIC plan if you want to have more features. Yes, and this package includes CPanel control panel.

There is no option to partially upgrade BW or DISKSPACE in this package. You can upgrade this account to LOGIC plan if you want to have more features. Yes, and this package includes CPanel control panel.

OK, than I'm probably going to go with the Logic package from the beginning (I don't want to have a bandwith or diskspace shortening).

Thanks for the answers!

i think this package would be really great for small projects like family picture and portfolios and curriculum Vitaes. If you are trying to make your own version of youtube and or twitter I highly advise a different package because if the number of visitors to your site sky rockets you'll be f**ked. hahaha nothing like visiting a site after hearing it from everyone only to get a message that says the site has reached it allocated bandwidth please return later.I would feel sorry for the own but probably piss myself laughing at the level of incompetence of the site administrator

This seems like a very good initiative for alot of beginner web designers and people just starting out the world of internet and websites. This is a great package for a personal website only since the webspace and bandwidth is low but the price is perfect for those who are looking for something cheap and easy. Thankyou OpaQue for this plan I will tell many people of this offer.

Hello!This is a very good plan for me... I've recently gone offline and although I expect to do a comeback I would like a cheaper hosting plan (although Logic is extremely cheap). So I wanna ask OpaQue if it is possible to switch my current Logic plan to the Decade one?Thank you!

If you opt for a subdomain like ABC.trap17.net then all you have to pay is $10 for 10 years.
If you go for a free domain like co.nr, co.cc, co.cz then again the charge remains the same

If you want domain registration then you will have to accumulate $10 mycents every year to keep it active.
And yes,
Support by forum means just what it sounds. If you ever require support other than downtime, it needs to be asked at forum.

When you say it needs to be asked at the forum if the issue has to do with anything other than downtime, would that mean if we can not access our site (such as being IP blocked -- as it's happened to me a few times in the past, or the site flat out being offline) then we can still use the support tickets for it?

When you say it needs to be asked at the forum if the issue has to do with anything other than downtime, would that mean if we can not access our site (such as being IP blocked -- as it's happened to me a few times in the past, or the site flat out being offline) then we can still use the support tickets for it?

Ip blocks, server downtime, server changes.. Basically anything requiring an admin to login to the server can be sent to Xisto - Support :) but things where your php isn't working fine or you need help setting up your cron jobs, email and so on would be through the forum. I hope that solves your doubt.

Ip blocks, server downtime, server changes.. Basically anything requiring an admin to login to the server can be sent to Xisto - Support :) but things where your php isn't working fine or you need help setting up your cron jobs, email and so on would be through the forum. I hope that solves your doubt.

Velma, I thought support tickets were unavailable for the decade plan and therefore I didn't opt for it. Now, it too late for me to change my mind about getting the plan though - the Decade plan is no longer an option and I've got multiple domains that I host on my hosting account, though I don't really use it much.

BTW, with the reduced credits per post on KS, it is getting harder to post enough to upgrade to another plan. If the credits earned per post get any lower, I'm going to have to downgrade :-(

Velma, I thought support tickets were unavailable for the decade plan and therefore I didn't opt for it. Now, it too late for me to change my mind about getting the plan though - the Decade plan is no longer an option and I've got multiple domains that I host on my hosting account, though I don't really use it much.
BTW, with the reduced credits per post on KS, it is getting harder to post enough to upgrade to another plan. If the credits earned per post get any lower, I'm going to have to downgrade :-(

If the credits lowered, they'd just be on par with how they used to be. It used to take around 50 posts a month for the cheapest plan. So that's really not an issue.

Though as far as I knew we weren't allowed to contact support regarding the Decade plan, either. My understanding was that it's one of the reasons the plan is so cheap.

You could still opt for Decade plan if you want you know :) Just send in the ticket for it. And I doubt the credit amount has reduced, maybe the lack of activity in the forums made you feel that way.. I usually do not focus on the credit I earn but a recent update was 2 USD for 11 posts, could someone let me know if that is anywhere near the average earning

If the credits lowered, they'd just be on par with how they used to be. It used to take around 50 posts a month for the cheapest plan. So that's really not an issue.
Though as far as I knew we weren't allowed to contact support regarding the Decade plan, either. My understanding was that it's one of the reasons the plan is so cheap.

The Decade plan is for those who really don't have a requirement and have no plans of actively capitalizing on their website like for example, a kid and his own personal homepage or a business getting a standard home page for the sake of contact.

You could still opt for Decade plan if you want you know :) Just send in the ticket for it. And I doubt the credit amount has reduced, maybe the lack of activity in the forums made you feel that way.. I usually do not focus on the credit I earn but a recent update was 2 USD for 11 posts, could someone let me know if that is anywhere near the average earning

The Decade plan is for those who really don't have a requirement and have no plans of actively capitalizing on their website like for example, a kid and his own personal homepage or a business getting a standard home page for the sake of contact.

RE: MyCents -- This seems about right -- it's what I used to be at. I've personally got enough MyCents to not worry about hosting for a loooooong time either. My activity here is just a bit swayed from time to time due to being busy with real-life things, :(

And about the Decade Plan, I get ya. I actually have one of those set up as well that I use for a "live" testing environment and to learn from. It helps out a lot for testing things like backing up/moving websites and things like that, while still simulating what will happen when it's transferred to my real hosting package.