xisto Community
OpaQue

New Name For Trap17 [resolved] Changing the domain name Trap17.com

is KnowledgeSutra.com a good name?  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

well as soviet said already in one thread that IPB 3 has some new code so opaque might have to tweak mcyents as well. that is why this will take some time. maybe may end or june will be the release of new forum skin. or even earlier than that.

I would say that the change of the domain name form Xisto to Xisto.com is advantageous in only one way and in particular for me it is advantageous. The point is that many corporates and schools and colleges have firewall which filters many contents. Not to leave Xisto , yes it was filtered before . Xisto was blocked by few firewalls , though i am not familiar with those firewall names, the category under which Xisto was blocked was Webhosting . I couldnt approach the network support team to release the website , saying this is just a forum because in the home page of Xisto itself it was mentioned clearly that "avail free webhost , cheap webhost etc" So i thought there is no way that Xisto is gonna be unblocked, because most of the corporate , colleges block these web hosting contenets. Now that Xisto has changed its name to knowlege sutra, certain firewalls allows this particular website. Now this is not blocked under webhosting services.Though i am not very sure how long this site will be left open by most of the firewall, still this is an advantage if it goes unblocked. Probably when the signature in the firewall undergoes an update the site Xisto.com might get blocked .On the other hand if the organization goes for any content filter then too the site may get blocked again for the reason webhosting. Though this is a board / a forum , many firewall blocks this for the same reason webhosting, So something can be done for this so that this forum is not blocked. I am very sure none of the colleges or corporates will block forums and boards.Xisto errr .. Xisto being a forum it gets blocked at times. So let some thing be done in regard to this. Because XISTO is a webhosting site and Xisto is a forum which is assosiated with XISTO

well as soviet said already in one thread that IPB 3 has some new code so opaque might have to tweak mcyents as well. that is why this will take some time. maybe may end or june will be the release of new forum skin. or even earlier than that.

im not a very big fan of ipb 3 but it is the newer version and does look a lot better than the present version. as for the code, i think it is possible to test out the mycents code. afterall, IPB gives a few hours of free testing of all the features of the latest version. so we could see whether or not the myCENTs code will work out in the newer version or not and a few other features could also be tested out. just an idea though. from what i've heard, ipb3 looks good but there are a lot of annoying bugs in it altho im not sure how far this is true.

I'm sorry but I personally prefered it when it was 'Xisto'.

Is there a new theme? I see the same theme that Xisto always had....

Yes there is. While I feel that this theme is an improvement from the last one, I still find the original theme to be better (see picture).

Posted Image

I do love the fact you have finally upgraded to IPB 3.0 Though why the name change Xisto was very catchy easy to remember etc. I find Xisto a little boring and really not adventurous unlike Xisto.

I find Xisto.com easy to remember and easy to type in. If you want to change it...couldn't you get Xisto.com to re-direct to Xisto.com?

well semsem, it is. didn't you check it before. just type Xisto.com in your browser and it will redirect you to Xisto. opaque declared that from the first day of the changing of the name.

I find Xisto.com easy to remember and easy to type in. If you want to change it...couldn't you get Xisto.com to re-direct to Xisto.com?

type knowledge2.us

-shree

I'm sorry but I personally prefered it when it was 'Xisto'.

Yes there is. While I feel that this theme is an improvement from the last one, I still find the original theme to be better (see picture).

I liked it when it was Xisto too! I just don't get why OpaQue changed it all of a sudden, isn't he supposed to like the name the most because he is the owner or because he made the name?

You are right, the default theme is simple and clean, and takes less server costs than this one, but that is the default for IPB 2, and this the default for IPB 3, so we can't get that one. But there are plenty of great themes out there, you just have to buy them with money.

type knowledge2.us

-shree

Seriously? We desperately need the myCENTS back up and you spent your time making redirects? I think you are not managing your time and your forum that much. We don't even need this! We already have 2 ways to get into the site (Xisto.com / Xisto.com). Though, this one is probably the best!

I liked it when it was Xisto too! I just don't get why OpaQue changed it all of a sudden, isn't he supposed to like the name the most because he is the owner or because he made the name?

You are right, the default theme is simple and clean, and takes less server costs than this one, but that is the default for IPB 2, and this the default for IPB 3, so we can't get that one. But there are plenty of great themes out there, you just have to buy them with money.

Seriously? We desperately need the myCENTS back up and you spent your time making redirects? I think you are not managing your time and your forum that much. We don't even need this! We already have 2 ways to get into the site (Xisto.com / Xisto.com). Though, this one is probably the best!

I know many things I do are not required, but trust me.. I just do for the fun of it. It does not take much time either. For. Eg. Creating a PARKED domain is 5 min job - including the process of buying the domain. LOL. So you see, its just a feature I have already being put to use to create some excitement. Nothing much.

Topic is resolved.

Please PM any moderator to continue this discussion. Until then, this topic is closed.

The new name for the forum is KDiscuss.To know more about that, read this

Edited by moderator (see edit history)