xisto Community
OpaQue

New Name For Trap17 [resolved] Changing the domain name Trap17.com

is KnowledgeSutra.com a good name?  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I just want to keep old one alive. Xisto.com or newsutra.com should be another sister site of Xisto. i'm sure people will earn mycent here and will bash or troll on another new site. i promise i'll be active but please don't change old name, keep it as it is. :Pby the way why not make Xisto or newsutra.com based on buddypress site ? that will be one good social network experiment as members here requested. even dolphin based community will be fine. just keep that new name and concept away from Xisto :angel:@Bani, nice catch on that sutra part. :D

Naw, don't like it. Maybe it's because I just don't like change, but it sounds kinda weird. And you might loose a lot of folks that haven't been around for awhile if they come back looking for Trap 17 as they would never guess a new name like sutra. Product name recognition is very important. I suppose you you could keep up a page for the url trap 17 that would redirect to the new site, but that is just added hassel for you.

Naw, don't like it. Maybe it's because I just don't like change, but it sounds kinda weird.
And you might loose a lot of folks that haven't been around for awhile if they come back looking for Trap 17 as they would never guess a new name like sutra. Product name recognition is very important. I suppose you you could keep up a page for the url trap 17 that would redirect to the new site, but that is just added hassel for you.

He already mentioned a 301 redirect :angel:

and I believe the majority has spoken, it appears no one likes this new name... at least not for replacing Xisto

@Baniboy : naah, I've thought of those names already. nothing comes close to an idea of a forum than the word 'sutra'. But at the same time, I want the first word of domain to be English.i've thought of this tagline: Xisto - a Quest for Wisdom through Knowledge

i've thought of this tagline: Xisto - a Quest for Wisdom through Knowledge

Wouldn't that make the forums appear like one that is more centered on philosophy than what it is now—a general forum?

Wouldn't that make the forums appear like one that is more centered on philosophy than what it is now?a general forum?

It does because of the word knowledge n wisdom. The closest word is actually "information", but this is too blunt because I will be using my code to hunt the relevant information for the user searching something. (since, most of the people come from search engines). "knowledge" is more appropriate for information one gets after searching a question. If you are referring to the word "wisdom", I didn't get a better word to convey the advantage of sharing/discussing experience and knowledge.

Opaque just one suggestion, if you can use code similar to stackoverflow.com then you can create new community with Xisto. And i think that will be something differnet than Xisto. i think it will even fetch more traffic that Xisto as that script is based on Q/A. Many sites are using similar scripts, original script is costly (from 95$ to more) but there must be clone script of this,so do check it out.

Opaque just one suggestion, if you can use code similar to stackoverflow.com then you can create new community with Xisto. And i think that will be something differnet than Xisto. i think it will even fetch more traffic that Xisto as that script is based on Q/A. Many sites are using similar scripts, original script is costly (from 95$ to more) but there must be clone script of this,so do check it out.

Naah, their model n the content generated is not helpful n involves a lot of spam. once the word "wisdom" becomes a part of our motto, the entire perception of giving n taking information from our visitors would be for a good cause. Automated scripts can only help till a level to make content useful .. however, they can not identify a solution. this needs a "good" human's intervention and an automated script will not help. how we make our content useful/helpful will be planned & coded later.

If you are referring to the word "wisdom", I didn't get a better word to convey the advantage of sharing/discussing experience and knowledge.

I see. Since "knowledge" is pretty much the main keyword, following from the one you had, how about, then, the following: "An adventure in the field of knowledge"? I could probably come up with something else if i take the time to.

I see. Since "knowledge" is pretty much the main keyword, following from the one you had, how about, then, the following: "An adventure in the field of knowledge"? I could probably come up with something else if i take the time to.

not bad :-) please, if you can come up with better things on similar lines, kindly suggest.

just suggestions since you asked....5 on the top of my head. maybe they can spark ideas....Xisto- the knowledge you need, when you need it.knowledge is power - let Xisto be your guideto be or not to be. that is the question. Xisto...that is the answer.Xisto- where knowledge and wisdom come togetherXisto- a resource for people helping people

hahaha! dude, i ALWAYS need a good laugh, and you made me laugh. you're suggestion is not half bad.......your slogan actually does well with the keywords and adds a spice and humor to a friendly website.

Best one yet
Xisto - Better than kama sutra