xisto Community
web_designer

I Am A Web Developer,how To Write A Curriculum Vitae?

hi, i am a web designer and developer. i want the best way to write a cv. in fact, i already have a one. but lately, i noticed during my searching on the net that there are cv short and efficient. my cv is a little bit long, because i worked in multiple places, used many programming languages and have a lot of certifications. i tried to make it short but i couldn't. i hope anyone can give me a useful link or can show me the way. in the next few months, i am looking for getting a job in usa as a web designer or something related to it. therefor, i want a professional cv.thank you in advance.

i've never heard about a cv before today. but judging from jhaslips link he gave you, it seems to me that it would be a resume that you would want to write. your certifications, education and job experiences would go in your resume. a cv has special purposes and i think that link would help you recognize if you even really need one. you know your experience better than me though. it's a good link to take a look at to know the difference and write your resume or cv accordingly.

a curriculum vitae is used primarily when applying for academic, education, scientific or research positions.

if you fall in to that catagory, then maybe a cv is for you but it doesn't sound like you fall in to that category....

CV is used for international purpose as well. Many foreigners who are seeking jobs that are provided with government funds require CVs. You can say that CV is international where as resume is regional.All health care providers require to submit CVs for fellowships and positions (education), because of being one of the heavily concentrated areas of foreign applicants for the MD positions.But normally it's the culture and population. The United States is still using resume because of the number of applicants. When there are 10000 applicants for 50 or 100 positions, there's no way to read more than 1 page, let alone 2 or 3.

try this link https://www.thebalance.com/job-search-4074003and note the difference between a resume and a cv.

great website thank you for that link , it is very useful. it gives me exactly what i need, the differences in writing curriculum vita from one job to another. as i fiqured out from my last researches, it is so important to write a professional curriculum vita to make the employer interested , not use a one with generals.

There are many other website for resume writing. You can search on sites like monster and dice for the sample reviews. You can search the communities where freelancer people hang out then check out their blogs and see if they attatched any resume over there. Chances are there that many bloggers and designers attatch cv to theri site. also there some site dedicated for resume posting.

for example check this guy out : http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/. you'll also see his resume on sites like Krop : http://www.krop.com/darkmotion/resume/. in this site old of his resume is posted. You can try resume sites like to see which is impressive resume.

There are many other website for resume writing. You can search on sites like monster and dice for the sample reviews. You can search the communities where freelancer people hang out then check out their blogs and see if they attatched any resume over there. Chances are there that many bloggers and designers attatch cv to theri site. also there some site dedicated for resume posting.
for example check this guy out : http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/. you'll also see his resume on sites like Krop : http://www.krop.com/darkmotion/resume/. in this site old of his resume is posted. You can try resume sites like to see which is impressive resume.

thanks mahesh2k for these sites. i already checked the net about that, i opened blog's web designer and saw their resume. but i found many variety , there is no stadards, it just like they added their personal touch on it. therefore i want a general resume but specific for web designers. thank you all for your help.

Here is my view on this maybe you'll think that way. If you're designer then don't go with traditional format that's what developers and coders do not designers. If you're designer then try to show some skill on resume. else there is always some typical format that hr/admin people look for in most companies which is usually easy to browse and view. too much standard formats are boring but in case of coders it's fine. for designers i think showing their design skills on resume will help stand out than using standard format.

Here is my view on this maybe you'll think that way. If you're designer then don't go with traditional format that's what developers and coders do not designers. If you're designer then try to show some skill on resume. else there is always some typical format that hr/admin people look for in most companies which is usually easy to browse and view. too much standard formats are boring but in case of coders it's fine. for designers i think showing their design skills on resume will help stand out than using standard format.

very interesting opinion thank you. i will keep this in my mind when i will write my resume. i fact in my case i still swinging between being a web designer and web developer. in my last work i was working with codes, another team was responsible of designing but i wasn't convinced in any design. at last i end up doing the design my self. i love designing and love coding so, it is hard to choose. but finally, i think i should make a choice after all.

Hi!@web_designerI believe as a web designer, you ought to be able to highlight key sections of your resume and put together a resume that standards apart from the rest. As an example, you could make a single-page resume that contains 4 rounded-corner boxes, one of each of experience, education, skills, and accomplishments, and your name on the top of the resume as a text-logo. It's the first sign of creativity that you can demonstrate to your potential employer and I believe it is the first impression that creates a lasting impression on your employer.BTW, what kind of web development do you do? You could look up resumes of other developers in the same industry as you are in if you create your resume targeting a development position. The listing of skills would typically include libraries that you commonly use for the development platform that you work on, along with something that conveys that idea that you do look into the big picture with patterns and practices.