xisto Community
mandla

Religious People Are Not Fair

Seriously... I cant believe that you think dinosaurs, as in the giant scaly creatures at the same time as T-Rex, and humans, as in people today, lived together.I am sorry but even kids know this isnt true. Mammals hardly existed when dinosaurs did, all mammals wouldve been small, rat like or small rabbit like creatures, if that. there were no monkeys, no pigs, no people. Seriously, you are sounding like a fool, dont let yourself sound like an idiot. PLEASE!Dinosaurs and humans have NEVER existed together. Please. This is why i cant talk to christians. You are making your religion look like a bunch of idiots!

Mods, why cant i edit my posts?

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
https://www.wyzant.com/resources/lessons/english/etymology/words-mod-dinosaur-info

You honestly are driving me mad.... Your foolishness is un-describable.

The only websites suggesting dinos and people existed is from bible sites which are pure stupidity.

Edited by shadowx (see edit history)

Just remember, I swipe that I have heard being used before. According to the Christian, everything on earth was created in 6 days. If that being the case, who created the dinos?

Well according to the christians dinosaurs and humans lived together. Thats what we were arguing about.I see no-one ha a counter argument to the clear fact that we didnt...

Just remember, I swipe that I have heard being used before. According to the Christian, everything on earth was created in 6 days. If that being the case, who created the dinos?

That is a good question.
As a Christian who takes the book of Genesis literally I believe that God created the dinosaurs the same day he created Adam and Eve.
This website will explain allot of your questions about the bible Answers

I know there is allot of evidence for supporting the evolution belief but much if not more of that evidence also supports the biblical creation.
I like unbiased science. Science you can repeat and study.... (ie the The Raw Facts) I ignore pseudoscience such as results derived from radiocarbon dating which has scientifically been proven to be inaccurate.

In my faith I choose to believe that the bible is 100 percent true, until it is proven to be false.
Most atheist will choose to believe the bible to be false, until proven to be true.

Now if I am wrong. I have not much to loose maybe I will be called an idiot by some atheists and laughed at.
However If the atheist is wrong, he/she spends their life ignoring the giver of life. Why should the creator of life acknowledge their existence if they do not acknowledge him?

You know that phrase that says: Choose your friends wisely!!! that is exactly my thinking here.

Wow, really?Jeebs.... You think that radio-carbon dating is wrong by a factor of 65 million years minus one day...? You think that science cant tell the difference between 65 million years ago and today, and the difference between this morning and this afternoon?You sir, are deluded. (actually more than that, but i dont want to flame. I would seriously never take an IQ test if i were you) Right.... Explain then the hundreds of feet of solid, sedimentary rock that has piled upon the bones of the dinosaurs and the fact that human remains are much higher up in the rock layers? You actually are a fool.Trufusion raised the only plausible argument regarding the 6 days of creation... His argument was, in essence, that because god hadnt created the solar system, including the sun, for a day or two (whenever he gives light i would imagine) days did not exist. For a day is a measure of time taken for the earth to spin once with a nightday cycle caused by the sun. If the sun didnt exist then a day would be an infinite amount of time. However, as soon as the bible says god gave light a day is defined as 24 hours. Hence you are an idiot. I agree that radio carbon dating is not accurate to years, even decades, perhaps even millennia. However, when you tell me that radio-carbon dating can get confused between 65million years and 36 hours i simply pity you. Do not be afraid to question your religion. Do you think your god would be happy that you blindly follow the words written by mere mortals? No. Neither do i. *face/palm*This is going nowhere, if you honestly believe that humans and dinosaurs (and lets not forget that other animals existed even before the dinosaurs, millions and millions of years before) lived together and god created one in the morning and one in the afternoon then you are simply deluded and seriously in need of help.

Trufusion raised the only plausible argument regarding the 6 days of creation... His argument was, in essence, that because god hadnt created the solar system, including the sun, for a day or two (whenever he gives light i would imagine) days did not exist. For a day is a measure of time taken for the earth to spin once with a nightday cycle caused by the sun. If the sun didnt exist then a day would be an infinite amount of time. However, as soon as the bible says god gave light a day is defined as 24 hours. Hence you are an idiot.

While i'm not really looking to enter this debate, i mostly will clarify my argument. My argument didn't assume that the sun didn't exist (truthfully, i am still trying to figure out if it pre-existed with the earth or came into existence after, from Genesis 1—scientifically, either case is plausible and allowable, as i really doubt that even science can tell me the exact age of our sun; for predicting the age of the universe does not give away the age of the sun and many other things). My argument is that the sun and moon wasn't issued as a measurement of time until the fourth day of creation. After the fourth day, the length of the "days" mentioned in Genesis 1 is arguable: it can be either 24-hour days or undefined as the first four days. But for the 5th and 6th day i would argue that they are undefined, as the text doesn't provide much, if any, reason to start assuming 24-hour days, as humans didn't even exist until the sixth day. Just 'cause humans are now reading the text doesn't mean we should be assuming 24-hour days for something very far in the past.
Regardless, rather than calling others "idiots"—which doesn't help anyone—, just present your reason alone.

It?s funny how people always have this kinds of topics to discuss, because we always talk things in general. Yes there are some people in the world who are deeply religious and are horrible people, and that is always going to happen, we are humans we make mistakes nobody is perfect and no matter how much someone believes makes good there is going to be some mistake in their lives. But there?s also good people, and I personally don?t like to define people by religion or political beliefs or anything vain to put it in some way, I just look at their actions, how they carry their lives, and make a decision based on that, for me you just have to spend some time with people get to know them and then apply a judgment. Religion is one of those things that is totally subjective, everyone have their own opinion about it, their own believes, so why start a discussion with some one you are never going to agree with? for me is nonsense. I?m a Christian and I don?t fight with people over religion, if people want to believe there?s no God, let them believe, if what I think is truth then at some point they are going to realize it, or I?m going to realize that all of what I thought was a lie. If in my next life I reincarnate in a bug, then bad for me I should have listened. Everyone have a right to believe or think whatever they want. Is sad when they make the opposite of what they preach, but whatever, that?s life and their lives, you just have to worry of how are you living yours.

As a side note to truefusion, you can actually use the balance between Helium and Hydrogen to estimate our sun's age. The real problem with dating methods used on stars is with big stars. Because radioactive decay is present in their cores and dominates the energy production over the fusion reaction. So it makes it more complicated with more variables such as iron and nickel rates, and everything between hydrogen and those in the periodic table. Anyway, god(s) could've created the sun however and blah blah, just as a side note.I have to agree not calling people idiots. I'm all in for telling people how stupid their/other's actions, beliefs and opinions are, but I don't think it's right to attack anyone personally. Regardless, Kent Hovind and Ray Comfort are still idiots :) Lying to people like that, they should be ashamed of themselves!

i usually refrain from name calling but i cant deal with these irrational arguments!RE the sun and earth my understanding is that without the sun there would not be the gravity to coalesce the matter that makes the earth. And even if god somehow made the earth without the process of gravity then the earth would have nothing to revolve around, nonetheless, these are questions without answers.I am all for free speech and letting people believe what they want. HOWEVER, when faith is thrust upon me with the threat of eternal torture if i do not comply then i get angry. And when irrational arguments like "dinosaurs and humans lived together" i just cant deal with it! It drives me mad!Stupidity is my enemy, as is oppression.

yea, well, this thread had a purpose until certain people killed it and started posting off topic. were those the idiots we are talking about? or there are no idiots and that is why we shouldn't use the word? anyway, this thread just turned in to another boring religious debate among people what want to question religion. blah blah blah. people. people are going to die not knowing crap. i suggest people put their efforts to better use or just look like idiots not knowing anything.the topic starter was talking about how unfair religious people are. the last half of this thread was about how unfair non religious people are when they want to put their questionable beliefs on others. it's a joke. everything works both ways.....especially when the name calling starts

A 'discussion' is not a place to submit personal attacks. Use your argument as a logical defense, not slurrying the opposition.
It is a logical fallacy to attack the individual rather than the points discussed.
http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/ad-hominem.html

Let's keep it clean... no name-calling or flaming.

One great thing about a democratic system is that we all have the right to be wrong. Everyone of us has their personal beliefs and are equally free to express them here on the Forum. Whether you agree with another stated opinion is a matter left entirely up to you, based on your personal beliefs.