xisto Community
myQuestion

Internet Loading How to Load my Page faster?

Hi all,I used Adobe Flash to design my webpage but it wont load fast enough, it takes more than a minute. I thought it might be because of the file size which is 12MG.I would be grateful if any one coud help me find a solution and tell me why this is happening.Thank you,myQuestion

I would down-size that to under 200K. I assume you mean your current file is 12 Megabytes? That is huge.

If the flash file itself is 12mb then that is pretty massive for a webpage to load. You might want to look into implementing a pre-loader in that flash movie. That way the page is loaded instantly but the user sees your pre-loader in the parts of your page that have flash.

Well, the page loads because of the filesize of your flash webpage which is 12 MB ;]You also could add some caching I guess to the page and the flash, if it's possible, I really didn't use flash to much to know that, but I guess it's capable of caching that at least on reload it wouldn't load again? Depends on the settings and the browser.But it would be best to minimaze the size of your flash web page by removing something, or making it as said above to be loaded in parts if possible.. Best solution would be to not use flash :P but use regular html, css and javascript ;]

Edited by Quatrux (see edit history)

This problem is occurring only because of that massive file size. So to improve loading time you must change the flash animation to some other file so that it can reduced to its half size.

File is not the issue always. You can have large content and can load it immediately if the HTTP requests are low. To make that happen , widgets and other server calls need to be reduced. I do think that image HTTP calls and JS or flash if removed can achieve a lot of better performance. Also avoid those wiblya and meebo toolbars.

If your viewing your website on your own pc and it takes time... I recommend you get a faster PC, Upgrades or you can format your system and try....If you are trying to view it faster from a web server..... You need to have a fast enough internet connection to actually load a 12MB file in seconds...... I think a 2Mbps or above would be fine but if you are trying to get it load faster with a slow internet connection ..... Its just not possible...

If you are trying to view it faster from a web server..... You need to have a fast enough internet connection to actually load a 12MB file in seconds...... I think a 2Mbps or above would be fine but if you are trying to get it load faster with a slow internet connection ..... Its just not possible...

And it just doesn't stop at your connection, the server's connection has be excellent and not overloaded. Usually, you can do these kinds of things if you have a high speed connection AND the server's servers are good... for websites like Youtube and file storage sites.

You can also try to download it faster by using a download manager such as Flashget. There is a guide below on how to this.

Help Files -

Increase Speed using FlashGet
Flashget troubleshoot

if you are talking mega bytes and it is that large then try the following1,)if your using google chrome then move to option 2 if not try this: reinstall adobe flash player clear your junk off with ccleaner(or other program) then cross your fingers and pray :) another thing is do not try off a ipod\iphone they don't support flash ;)2,)try reinstalling chrome or update to the latest version then clear junk off pc with ccleaner if this does not work then check your internet speed if its really slow this may be impossible :(3,) if all else fails then get a large hammer smash your computer and get a new one :) oh wait thats bad isn't it...

Reduce the file size by altering the images. For example, try saving it with different settings (such as jpg, bmp 32 bit, 16 bit, etc.). Another way to drastically reduce the file size is to cut down on the amount of colors that are used.If it's video that's the problem then you can try changing the type (such as flv) to make it shorter.

In contrast to what was posted here, file size is not an issue as long as you load it in modular terms. Flash developers forgets the logic of loading flash items one piece at a time. I saw a lot of flash movies/softwares that are at least 80MB in size and yet they can load faster in term of user experience.Here are the steps that they are doing:1. instead of building 1 solid flash file, they divide it into segments and load those segments using a 1MB file shell loader.2. instead of inserting a 10MB movie in swf format, they in turn convert the movie file into FLV (flash video), the one you are embedding was just an empty player which stream loads the actual movie.3. while resolution is way important, people that loads larger flash files will load smaller resolution versions first and continues to load higher resolution piece by piece. this gives an impression that the flash movie was enhancing it self as time progress.one big chunk of flash file, regardless that it have a preloader will still load slower and people will notice it, modular loading will make an appeal that the flash file have already loaded and will leave a "calibrating up" feel.And one point of interest, modular loading indeed increase the total bytes that you are loading but people will ignore that.NOTE: loading faster in terms of user experience means that the files load faster on the perception of your user but in bandwidth wise, they still load at the same time. streaming servers also help a lot, I saw an HD video roughly around 1GB and I was able to watch it with less stops on my regular 130kbps download speed. the video was a streamed MMA fight for review/editing purpose.

By the way noticed one add-on for firefox, fasterfox. This speeds up the site loading on firefox. I don't know if the browser like chrome or opera needs it though. But you can spread about this add-on for those who are using firefox. It makes it easy to load multiple pages of same site. Firefox has add-on called firebug on which Yslow is programmed. Yslow can figure out why your site is loading so slow. try that.