xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
loc

Guild Wars Do any of you play Guild Wars?

I got the game last week, so I'm enjoying it while I can. ;)Groups which mess up the missions and bonuses are very annoying though.I specifically SHOUT "Do NOT Kill the guardians" "NO KILLING" "NO" and guess what happens...some noob goes ahead and kills the guardians, and then"Oops, those were the things I was not supposed to kill?""sry"aaaarghhghg :)

*darn* this games gets you addicted very fast, i couldnt stop playing for like 3 months until i got 3 of my characters up to level 20 maxed out gold (100k) then i bought the 15k armor and finished all the missions after i just farmed some places for gold and runes but then i got bored so i went back to Warcraft III wich is still fun and got me re-addicted =]

You guys should check out Guild Wars. Click Here. I've been playing this game for about a year and have never gotten tired of it. In my opinion it is the best RPG. I'm not talking about the actual story of the game but the skills you need to have from experience. No matter how long you play or how fast you lvl up, it won't matter. You only become good by teamwork. And in my opinion that makes a game good. You can't just play a game for hours and hours and become unstopable. THAT is how a game should be.

They are coming out with a new version of the game. Where you can choose up to 2 more characters and there will be a whole new story and explorable areas. I can't wait for the version to come out. They are letting people test out the new professions early but only in pvp characters. You've got to check this game out. It's awesome!

Edited by Yarrgh (see edit history)

it's not free,sometimes i think the ones going for the onlinegames,paying so lots of money and times for that,giving a big part of energy to,just for what? untile the end what you are getting,nothing.so i didn't choose that.i have no money for that,coz i need them eating,i also just don't spend so much time on that,if you got time,then how about going for good kind work?the value of the life,not came from online games,it's cyber.

Its only a one time fee. All the good games cost money. Most games that are free don't have near the quality that people are looking for. Its not like WoW where you have to pay a monthly fee to be able to play it. Plus it is a very fun game. And if you have a slow internet like me, it doesn't lag you. Well, unless some other program decides to update itself :rolleyes:

I haven't ever played Guild Wars, but I've read about it and seen it in stores. Personally, I can't decide which is best out of the "big" RPGs: Final Fantasy XI, World of Warcraft, Everquest 2, or Guild Wars. They all cost a monthly fee to play and they all have their advantages and disadvantages. I'll probably just end up not buying any of them at all, or maybe just waiting until the best parts of all of them are brought together into one game (from what I hear, however, MMORPGs don't have very good roleplaying elements, since most of the players talk as if it really is a game and isn't a different world in which your avatar is a living citizen).

You have probobly heard of World of Warcraft, this is practically a smaller world, with 20 levels instead of 60, but it is more focused on Player vs Player then Player vs Enviornment like WoW, but has both. The graphics are very good, better then Wow, you don't pay monthly, and where in WoW you spend months getting one character, in Guild Wars the normal Player vs Enviorment is just for getting skills for different classes. You can instantly make any character you want from the combination of items/skills you've found in the normal mode for your PvP character at lvl 20 and fight in battles like 4v4. You can mix your skills/items as many times you want making new PvP characters daily, so you won't get bored with one guy over and over again.

I was thinking of getting Guild Wars, i've heard some good things about it, but im hooked on world of warcraft at the moment o.O. I dont know anyone who actually has guild wars so i cant go and try it to see if its worth buying. the only thing that makes it look good is the lack of monthly fee in my opinion. that is the only thing that is turning me of WoW. has anyone played both WoW and Guild Wars that can compare/contrast?

u cannot get better than guild wars it is simply the best game ive played it for more than half a year and i love it i highly recemend u get it and if u want to i could probably help u if u get it my ign is The Fonzey so if u get add me and pm me im on alot

Edited by mycompowns (see edit history)

Guild wars is meant for those who aren't after endless grinding to push your character up to super high levels so you can bully the lower level players.GW is targetted at people who love to pit their skills against each other. And people who love to work as a team. Because unless you have the skill and the team work. you will never be a good GW player. some hate it, others love the concept. It's up to individuals really.Oh btw, the next installment of GW is coming up, Guild Wars Faction!! In this installment comes 2 new classes, the Assasins and Ritualists. Plus a whole load of new skills and quests. check out https://www.guildwars.com/en/ for more details..

I think that Guild Warsis a great gamebetter game. It's a little repetittive, but it mostly keeps it's word for being a good game. Now this Runescape, no. I HATE Runescape. I don't see why people like it. All Runescape is is 30 quests that all include killing something or finding something. Guild Wars auctually has a storyline. It has amazing graphics compared to Runescape and most other games you see on the internet, and for the most part, it's free.

Many people pay for games because they are good games. Seldom do I ever pay for a game, because I personally think paying for a video game monthly is a waste. You don't need to have money to enjoy things. You need some money, but not alot. If you have too much money, it leads to people being stupid. I really have to vent some anger, so i'm going to put some things in The Vent section, but first let me get this through people's heads.

Think about it, paying for games may be okay, but you could enjoy so many other things, and even other games for free. Paying for a game is draining your money away. You don't need to pay $10 a month to play a good game, when you could play an even better one for free. This even happens with virus protectors!

Norton Antivirus is one of the most used virus protectors. Sadly, it can't detect alot of them. You end up paying a lot of money too, so why do that? You could have avast! Antivirus for free, and it detects much more than Norton.

Please people, stop wasting money. It's pointless.

Guild Wars is an MMORPG, and I just LOVE it :D For some reason, how ever, I always make a new character...I don't know what it is about pre-searing.For those of you who don't play it, it's not a monthly "prescription" ( addiction to games joke :) ), it's just buy the CD (You can also buy a code online) and that's it.Another good point is that you only meet other players in towns, and choose (if you want anyone, since there's NPCs) who goes out in your party.I'm no good at describing, so if you havn't played it, look it up. And if you don't have a guild, add me (Dagoth Nereviar or Altaria Dude) to your friends list, and whisper me next time i'm on :)