xisto Community
user681

Help Me Choose A New Laptop help choose laptop

I'm not sure this is the right forum to ask but..

I'm getting a new laptop soon and I'm looking at these 2

http://http://www.bestbuy.ca/

and

http://www1.ca.dell.com/ca/en/home/Laptops/laptop-inspiron-1545/pd.aspx?refid=laptop-inspiron-1545&s=dhs&cs=cadhs1&ref=lthp
(the 579.99 one)

so I ask you guys
which one is the better deal??

I'm going to be using this laptop for coding and photoshopping...so no hardcore gaming
Edited by user681 (see edit history)

Looking at the specs of both laptops. I think you should go with dell inspiron. It is nice piece in my opinion. Memory is more and some good additions in comparison to compaq.

Looking at the specs of both laptops. I think you should go with dell inspiron. It is nice piece in my opinion. Memory is more and some good additions in comparison to compaq.

it is also 100$ more excluding taxes :/..lol

i don't think there is a better deal when comparing. i like the dell even if you are spending $100 more. but then, i love compaq over dell any day. it's a matter of preference. i would also suggest you look at the acers that walmart is selling. you get more for the money and acer sells a good cheap laptop that wont quit on ya.it's really up to you. i would really look at the specs closely to see what your own preferences are. some some come with a better battery than others. for what you're doing, it seems you don't need as much ram or hard disk space(but it's always nice to have). i am assuming both computers are coming with windows 7 which i don't know too much about or ram or storage it uses.i normally don't like dell but it seems that's it's a pretty good price for what you're getting...but if you're not going to do anything heavy on it, then i do suggest checking out the acers. not a big name like dell or compaq, but you also aren't going to be paying for the name either. i do like the idea of trying to stay in the $500 price range for your needs.

it is also 100$ more excluding taxes :/..lol

Yeah, but you're getting what you paid for. Isn't it ? So what's wrong with dell then ? Lol, it is expensive but you're getting more in comparison to compaq presario. So go for it if it fits in your budget. :-)

The Compaq is cheaper and actually has better graphics (an ATI mobile chip rather than the dire Intel GMA chips) along with a proper keyboard with number pad (according to the pictures). The Dell has a very slightly faster CPU and more RAM, but does cost $110 more, has a worse graphics chip and a worse keyboard. I doubt you'd notice a lot of difference in speed between the two laptops, and I know I find a number pad very useful in everyday use, so my money would be on the Compaq rather than the Dell.

"?" dell had a lightly better proccessor. that's about it. as far as the specs, the price was adjusted for those. he was lookin' for the better deal which you have to include specs, WITH price.

I will go for DELL Inspiron, based on their specs Inspiron got really decent than the other one.

I don't like either of them, what do you plan to use them to do, if it's for business then the Compaq will do, but I still think you can do better for your money than those, just my thoughts.

two words Gateway. Good price and always have had no problem with anything that I have ever bought from them. What not to get? Sony, One thing goes out your whole LT goes. A few years back I bought there Vio, Mistake paid $1900 and within a year the screen went black. Called them up and was told $900 plus shipping to repair it. Needless to say I told them a few Beeps and peeps before hanging up on them. Bad think was I took it to some local shops and there prices where just a little bit lower. So honestly I would have to go with a Gateway. Maybe followed by a Dell.