xisto Community
The Simpleton

When Was The Last Time You Visited A Bank?

Do you think that's a strange question? Well these days a lot of people are doing all their banking tasks online and they hardly have a reason to visit the bank. Most companies are depositing their employees' salaries directly in their accounts so no more paycheques - and the employees simply transfer it to another account (or keep it there if they like) by using Internet banking. For shopping there are ATMs, credit cards and of course, Internet banking can be used for shopping as well. So where does a visit to the bank come in all this? :) This situation may not apply to everyone, but day-by-day most people seem to adapting the quick way. As for me, if I remember correctly, I last visited my bank in July, to apply for Internet banking, and after that I haven't been there till now! So what about you?

I visit my bank each time I need to transfer money from one account to another. In the UK there is still a 3 day delay on moving cash around between certain banks, so it's quicker for me to walk out of my flat to one bank, withdraw the cash and walk to the other end of the city centre to deposit it than use Internet banking :) I also visit the bank to pay in cheques, because it's quicker than doing it by post or via the post office.

Hmm that's interesting - a 3 day waiting period?I find waiting in queues to deposit money tiresome and no matter which bank I go to the queue is always 7-feet long :) that's why I don't prefer going to the bank even though it's much safer....

i visit my bank very rarely, but on the other hand i go my banks ATM ( Automatic Teller Machine ) almost very often. Keeping money in your pockets is kind of risky when you travel around and when you move about in a crowded place. So just to avoid that all some one needs to do is that have his or her money in the band and get a ATM card and use the card to draw money when ever needed, and these days using debit card you can do shopping too, so i guess all you need is to have an ATM card , visit the bank once in a while and drop cash into your account. Just hold the card and when ever you want instead of going to the Bank just visit the ATM if liquid cash is needed . Though there are some cons in ATM's like there is a limit for the day , you can get the changes as you need etc. Still it has its own advantage.

hmmmm........ let me think... yesterday? :oi went to the bank for at least 2 times per month. in fact, we need the bank to send our employees salary to, so i have to go to the bank to deposit the money to the "salary account" and let the bank transfer it accordingly. it'll take instantly or about 1 day on the busy day, and 3 days if i drop the cash on friday (they closed at saturday and sunday) :Dand for my own account, well i remember the last time i went for it was 2 month ago, when i deposited my cash to make sure it can send payment. other than that, ATM is the best :)

Hmm so no fans of Internet banking yet? There are supporters for ATMs, though! well it seems not everyone has embraced the no-going-to-bank concept yet. It's still going to take a while, I guess

The last time I visited a bank was last month when I went in to cash in my check from adsense. Besides for checks the only other time I go to the bank is for the atm, which I don't go to that often.

I still go to the bank from time to time. Most atm's around here charge a bunch just to use it. So if i need some cash for something ill stop by the bank.

You have ATM charges? they were removed here some time ago - now there are no charges for withdrawing from any bank's atm - the nasty limits still remain though :)

I actually do a bit of Internet banking but its mostly transferring money between accounts or checking whats going on. After saying that though, i actually "really" appreciate the convenience this offers. At the beginning of this year i finished a book keeping course and one of the things that was reiterated during the course of study was the fact that Australian banks "don't" invest into their walk in branches like they use to.15 or so years ago people would go into their bank and the bank would fulfill their needs on a somewhat more personal level. However today banks do not give that personally customized advice so much and many branches have been closed to save the bank costs associated with keeping them open. However the banks have realized that this has had a negative impact on their image and are now trying to solve the problem by investing more effort (by going back the other way around). However despite these trends, i myself much prefer Internet banking the only inconvenience is the extra amount of computer security measures i go to, to protect myself. I run virtual machines which are constantly scanned or often i will just completely discard them and load up another copy.

Dear friends you are absolutely right but I have recently gone to bank 4 days ago for a transaction deposit. But usually I don't go to bank. Since the ATM's are famous direct transactions from bank are minimized a lot.