xisto Community
FouGilang

Some Questions About The Hosting Rules am i allowed for this?

hi people :o

i have some questions for the Terms Of Service And Acceptable Use Policy in this link related to the webhosting, i hope someone can answer my silly question :D

1.how if my site comes out with bahasa indonesia as the primary language, with quick option to translate the page to english? will that work?

All websites must be in English to qualify for free hosting. We do this to ensure that Accounts are legal and have permissable contents.

2.my site, mostly, is a site which used to be some kind of "music download site". and for that, it will consist mostly gigabytes of mp3 files. can i host the files here, along with my site? or must i use rapidshare, mediafire, and the such? to be honest, i don't really like those file hosting to store my files (limited speed, waiting time, delay, and other limits) and would like to use trap's hosting instead :)

Web sites promoting, making available or otherwise contributing to software piracy, hacking, spamming, storage of large files or using account for file storage, storing MP3's of other large files in any electronic format, denial of service attacks and/or damage to commercial networks or servers will be removed from our servers without notice and illegal acts will be reported and prosecuted. Abusive behavior of any type will not be tolerated.

that's it for now, thank you :D

1.how if my site comes out with bahasa indonesia as the primary language, with quick option to translate the page to english? will that work?

If your site is having it's own domain name(TLD) then i don't think that this rule applies. In that case, if your content is having some issue then respective issue will be notified to xisto by others. And then it will be taken care of. So for TLD+hosting have no issue of language in my opinion. But if you are taking subdomain then i think this rule could be applied and for that you need to ask Xisto - Support.

2.my site, mostly, is a site which used to be some kind of "music download site". and for that, it will consist mostly gigabytes of mp3 files. can i host the files here, along with my site? or must i use rapidshare, mediafire, and the such? to be honest, i don't really like those file hosting to store my files (limited speed, waiting time, delay, and other limits) and would like to use trap's hosting instead rolleyes.gif

Now we have problem here. If copyrighted music files without license are hosted in xisto server. Then you'll be taken down from this server. You can't host illegal files on Xisto and on xisto. Sorry to disappoint you but if xisto allows that then this hosting service will be shut down with just 2-3 cases of copyright infringement. So if you want to host your files better try onebox,ifileit,mihd.net sites they're much better than rapidshare and have no limits. And for this you already quoted and got answer for yourself.

1. An english version of your site must be available. 2. Hosting mp3's and stuff for download which may spark a copyright issue is strictly and specifically forbidden. Period. Copyright infringement places the Server at risk for everyone.

An English version of your site must be available so that the staff can check it conforms to the terms of service. The translation must also (obviously) be accurate. I'm not sure where the line is drawn with automated translations such as those offered by Google and Babelfish. If you're at all unsure then send a ticket to the support department asking if they are OK with automatic translations.

2.my site, mostly, is a site which used to be some kind of "music download site". and for that, it will consist mostly gigabytes of mp3 files. can i host the files here, along with my site? or must i use rapidshare, mediafire, and the such? to be honest, i don't really like those file hosting to store my files (limited speed, waiting time, delay, and other limits) and would like to use trap's hosting instead :)

Are these MP3 files released under a licence that allows you to distribute them? Files released under Creative Commons licences (or similar), or files that are your own work, should be fine. However, commercial MP3s, copyrighted works etc, can only be hosted if you have the express permission from the copyright holder. If you are intending to host copyright MP3 files then you will not get hosting. Xisto needs to obey international copyright law. If the files are illegal then hosting them on another site and linking to them is not an option either. Just make sure that all the files you upload and link to are legal and it's fine.

If your site is having it's own domain name(TLD) then i don't think that this rule applies.

As far as I know it still applies for a TLD as the support staff have to check that all content being hosted is legal, which is difficult to do if the site is in a language they don't speak.

Thank you for your answers :oSo the conclusion is if the file hosted are fine (no copyright infringement) and legal to share, i can upload them right?And About the language: my site's content (for now) will mostly just the music titles. So the only thing that need to be translated are welcoming page and the recent update news. Rather than using google translation that can falsely translate my site, i think I'll try to create the english version instead :)

So the conclusion is if the file hosted are fine (no copyright infringement) and legal to share, i can upload them right?

That's right. As far as the content is your own, or you have legal rights to redistribute that content, there will be no problem.

And About the language: my site's content (for now) will mostly just the music titles. So the only thing that need to be translated are welcoming page and the recent update news. Rather than using google translation that can falsely translate my site, i think I'll try to create the english version instead :)

Submit a support ticket at Xisto - Support about the language issue, they'll help you..

As far as I know it still applies for a TLD as the support staff have to check that all content being hosted is legal, which is difficult to do if the site is in a language they don't speak.

Now i'm confused. If we buy domain via Xisto - Domains with extension .in,.de or .jp then in that case isn't the content in regional language allowed ? I mean they can verify the content no doubt. But i'm unsure about this now cause as far i know xisto team verify content from india quickly. I'm not sure about other regional content. I think we need Xisto - Support input here.

Now i'm confused. If we buy domain via Xisto - Domains with extension .in,.de or .jp then in that case isn't the content in regional language allowed ? I mean they can verify the content no doubt. But i'm unsure about this now cause as far i know xisto team verify content from india quickly. I'm not sure about other regional content. I think we need Xisto - Support input here.

Yes, you are right mahesh. People will buy these regional domains only to promote and host their local content. That rule of having the English version of the website will be meaningless for these local domains. :) Administrator or some support staff should clarify this doubt.