xisto Community
Xedos

How Many Hosting Credits Do You Have?

Eh,I have only 1.1 days hosting credit,and I try to post whenever I can. It really requires a lot of activity at the forum to have enough hosting credits. I see that some users post extra big messages,just to get the credits,but sometimes it is really unfair,because they just copy/paste the text. Anyway,it would be easier if there are enough good topics to write about,but ususally there are not. Even when I open new topic,there are ususally no replies for several days. General Talk is quite active,though.

pfff i only have HOSTING CREDITS : 5.34 DAYS. buuhh u_u im so bad at posting and yeah Davor i agree to at your comment of people copy/pasting text that's why they have lots and lots of hosting credits... hmmm come and think about it.. maybe i should do that too it seems the easiest way, haha or maybe quoting?...

I don't know of anyone that copy-pastes, and I have 7.02 credits. I had 20 previously, but I let them run out... kinda lame.I try to keep them high (above 15) because you never know when you could have some family emergency or something.Not many people PURPOSELY post for credits, I do, when I was really low, like a couple days ago I was at -.67 days, so I posted long tutorials and help people do stuff, and, poof, instant credits...That's my suggestion...Panda

This is a post of this same topic discussed on Xisto: http://forums.xisto.com/topic/82073-confused-with-the-system-about-the-free-hosting/
The rules maybe a little different here than at Xisto but basicly they are the same except for the ranges that you can get the hosting. So staying active don't mean you need 10 posts a day, one good post with 300 or greater than 600 characters will increase your hosting credits more than 10 one liners. This will be true when your hosting credits are 10 or more. At that time you may get only a fraction of a hosting credit for a post of 10 to 100 characters. ;)

You start out posting. If you have quality posts your "hosting credits" will increase faster than your post count. In that case you can ask for the introductory package at 10 hosting credits or 10 posts.
If you have 10 posts where the quality of your posts are deemed insufficient, you may still be denied the hosting.

If you have 5 posts and 15 hosting credits, you are a very proficient poster and take the time to explain / expand on your posts. You can apply for hosting and will most likely be approved.

Now you go for the normal package. Again, you have a lot of one-liners your hosting credits will not increase at the rate your posts does. You will need 50, sometimes 60 posts before you ask for an upgrade. Again, the upgrade may be denied if post quality is lacking. On the other hand you again have a lot of quality posts, and your hosting credits hit 50 or 55 in 25 quality posts you can apply for hosting upgrade at that time.

In both instances your hosting credis will be reduced to 3 or 5, I'm not sure wich of the numbers we are using now. But as soon as you post again the hosting credits go back up.

The only times you will loose hosting credits apart from upgrading or asking for hosting are:
1 Your hosting credits are reduced by one every 24 hours, normal reduction.
2 If you are deemed to spam or your posts are not following topic, you may loose more credits than you gained posting them. If I have to go in and edit or delete a post you will loose at least the double of what the original post gave for hosting credits.

Edited this post. This post increased my hosting credits from 4 to 6.28 that was a 2.28 hosting credit increase for one post :P
Edited by NilsC (see edit history)

Eh,I have only 1.1 days hosting credit,and I try to post whenever I can. It really requires a lot of activity at the forum to have enough hosting credits. I see that some users post extra big messages,just to get the credits,but sometimes it is really unfair,because they just copy/paste the text. Anyway,it would be easier if there are enough good topics to write about,but ususally there are not. Even when I open new topic,there are ususally no replies for several days. General Talk is quite active,though.

Yeah, I agree with you. I post really big topics, but written by me (tutorials and other things). And when I'm reading the forums, I saw quotes in topics with no replys! People make the first reply of the topic quoting the question! This is ridiculos! I really hate it, and think the admins of the forums must find an solution for this problem. I suggest don't giving chars count for the quotes.

Wait... Im confused. How do I calculate how many credits I have if it only tells me how many days I have. Or is how many days I have the total amount of credits I have. Or is ther like a formula like Days Divided by 2 and add One. Im just getting so confus-ed because I need to get my site up and my current storage space is .04 mb smaller than what I need to start with :angry: well get back fast and see ya