xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ho-oh'sRealm

Do You Like Php?

Dear friend of mine I really love PHP. And right now I am making all my dynamic projects in PHP only. And love to use this language. The important part of it is I have learnt this language from Xisto only. That is after joining Xisto I started using this language and became crazy about it and started developing all my dynamic pages in this language.?

Yeah I love it. Most of my softwares are php. As you can see php has grown and almost everybody is using it.

I agree. It's gone quite far in the coding business, and it's useful for many things. Add to that the fact that users can't see the PHP coding when they view the source, which makes it useful for online tests, login forms etc.

The only main problem with PHP is that you have to "host" it, and you can't open it normally in a web browser like HTML or Javascript. You have to "host" it on the internet using Apache, or it doesn't work, even if you're connected to the internet.
Other than that, it's a great language, and I do find it quite interesting.

You can install a local server and run your scripts there. I don't see that as a problem. One small local server pack installation is not a very hard thing to do. There are many choices, WAMP(windows, apache, mysql, php5) and XAMPP on windows, LAMP on Linux.

You can install a local server and run your scripts there. I don't see that as a problem. One small local server pack installation is not a very hard thing to do. There are many choices, WAMP(windows, apache, mysql, php5) and XAMPP on windows, LAMP on Linux.

Actually, you don't need Apache or any other web server program to run PHP scripts—all you need is to have PHP installed. You would only need one if you want to use PHP for web development.

Goodmorning for me and Goodevening for you guys :) well start the topicHmmm I do really like PHP but I am not that great already using it I still learning more about this onesince PHP is now had a great and big community. wow this sure makes a website really nice and the scripts are nice. isn't it?I don't know what magic PHP has but one thing I only knew ... I love it :oyou can do many scripts as long as you had the idea and know how to use it correctly

Im sooo crazy about PHP.My entire library consists of 300+ files and classes. Ever since PHP 5 was released with OOP, i couldn't stop working with my notepad.I usually use WAMP to develop and my fav CMS is currently Drupal. Drupal is great and I am currently writing 3 modules for it.Hope more people learn PHP and get rid of those ugly static made-with-dreamweaver-wysiwyg websites!

Do I like PHP? I love PHP!!!I know it's odd coming from a software programmer who works for an organizations that builds all of its software on the Microsoft .NET platform using C# as the programming language and ASP.NET as the web development framework, but I really have got to admit that the development of software with PHP is so much quicker than the development of software with ASP.NET and C# (or even ASP.NET and Visual Basic.NET for that matter). Unfortunately, all of the other programmers in the firm tend to think that developing anyhthing that does not have a drag-and-drop interface, can run with Windows, or is not from Microsoft is difficult and it is pretty difficult to change that ideology.I did some custom PHP development initially and then switched to developing for WordPress. I did expand into Joomla! too but so far my work with it is only limited to themes and modules.PHP is not without its faults though. The web services API provided by PHP does require a bit of work though. I started off with PHP-SOAP and then moved to NuSOAP. Also, when running PHP 5.3, I've noticed that a lot of existing software displays warnings. It is almost as though the developers of PHP have changed too much at once but we would rather have a big-bang release rather than having something broken every month due to frequent PHP releases.The re-usability of existing PHP code is a major benefit of developing with PHP. Building upon WordPress as a CMS or a blog engine, with tons of plugins, cuts down development time from months to weeks!

Unfortunately, all of the other programmers in the firm tend to think that developing anyhthing that does not have a drag-and-drop interface, can run with Windows, or is not from Microsoft is difficult and it is pretty difficult to change that ideology.

I came across many such at workplace. Those are people who work for money and getting work done easiest way. They don't care for other variables that go into development. I found it hadicap attitude of those people who resist to work outside Visual studio.

Am another <?PHP lover. :P After studying html little bit, my friend introduced php for me. It seems that thereis huge scope for php in the comming years. In our higher secondary state sylabus, the topic C-Language is getting replacedby php-programming from next acadamic year (1'st june 2010), since thereis so much applications with php.

I like PHP, but even much more I like my CMS, when you know how it works and most of things are done and when you add something, you create a class or use existing classes and get a result quite easy..It's not the same as with Zend framework, unless you work with it a lot and know a lot about it, but I sometimes don't like using other software written in PHP because of the lack of knowledge, but of course if someone pays for it, you need to do it.The really annoying thing for me with PHP is to fix or add something to some kind of PHP application written by somebody, sometimes the code is good, usually it's a mess of horrible code you get a headache from :P

I like PHP, it is very flexible and has a vast library that will override my imagination. It is easy to apply and has a good error handling.PHP5 is good in OOP too. It has a built it Curl in most hosting services which adds its beauty. I have studied only php and I like it.

PHP is a very useful language. It's highly available (probably the most readily available of interpreted languages offered by web hosts), easy to learn, has a nice lineup of language methods, is scalable, has intuitive (built-in) database access methods, and (in my opinion, anyway), is incredibly easy to learn.On the down side, the PHP namespace is somewhat cluttered, although most people who try to attack the language exaggerate this issue, due to the fact that many of the method names aren't names you'd naturally come up with, unless they're there to serve the same purpose. Additionally, PHP is not entirely object oriented (types are not objects), unlike with other languages such as Ruby. (Being able to do things like array.each { code } is much more efficient than creating a for or while loop to iterate through an array.)Most popular languages are good languages to develop with, as well as a few unpopular ones. Each language has its own advantages and disadvantages. Don't bother following hype because it changes all the time, and no matter what language you end up using, there'll be people dead set on trying to explain to you how awful your language choice was. Just ignore them. People don't make amazing web apps (or any other kind of app) by arguing about which language is better and for what reason. Review a little bit, find a language that suits you, use it, and get things done.

Hi!@getubeI find it quite interesting that C-programming is being replaced by PHP programming considering how much development is exclusively for the web. Sure, C-programming is essential for more low-level stuff like creating operating systems and high-performance software components. However, software professionals should be trained in meeting the needs of the industry and web it is, at least for the current era of computing.BTW, which state board are you following?@QuatruxI am assuming you have a CMS written in PHP. Is it your own CMS or do you use an open-source CMS such as Joomla!, Drupal, or WordPress (a lot of people have their doubts about the use of WordPress as a CMS, but there are many many websites out there that use WordPress as a CMS system due to its simplicity).The "mess of horrible code" is actually the work of amateur programmers and you would find it occuring with just about every programming language. Java tried to deal with it to some extend by introducing compiler checks, but that simply drove the programmers away from the platform. Java's stringent checks such as either declaring an exception as being thrown or handling the exception act as safety nets that you don't usually find programmers on other platforms practicing. There are limitations to how far a compiler can prevent a programmer's errors (human errors) though.@getubeI haven't had to use the CURL library yet, though there are other libraries that I use with a dependency on CURL. fopen() seems to do the job for most simple requirements.@nolanPHP, which is a part of the LAMP packages offered by most hosting providers, is much more popular than Perl or Python. There are firms that still prefer to use a compiled language or a platform on which the source code can be obfuscated such that they don't give away their source code when they send out programming libraries and software components. Performance is another issue that many firms are concerned about when developing web applications with PHP.

Well, I suppose I do like to use php, however it does annoy me when I try to include a file...it just annoys me when it gives me an error. :D And when doing a cache/lang_ file when I put for example:

'example'					=> "Ex: Example page",
Sometimes I forget to end the line with a ",". :( I really hate doing that. :)