xisto Community
alexwhin

Whats The Best Code? www.bpsite.tk

Whats The Best Code?  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Id say PHP, coz there are so many things that can be done!Im not that good at PHP tho :D
I know what can and cannot be done using it, but dont know how lol. Learning tho..

Making a RPG site like Kings Of Caos and Outwar at the moment... :D

Kings of Chaos was actually created by some people at my school. It was hosted on the school's UNIX server but KoC got so big the server couldn't handle the load. There's an article from the Washington Post about it here: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

HTML is main web language ,php , asp , jsp are web programming language you must use html tag in web programming language like ( asp , php , jsp and other...)HTML is like Run in sport , in all kind of sport you must run in football in tenis in basketball and ....but in web programming language i think php is very useful

I though HTML and XHTML were markup languages? Isn't DHTML a name for a collection of technologies. Like Javascript, HTML and CSS. I am also assuming that by C## you mean C++, as I have never heard of C##.However, back to the question. I don't have a favorite language, it all depends on what I want to do. If I want dynamically generated web content, I will use PHP, if I want interactive pages, I will use JavaScript, and possibly PHP.If I want something that runs fast, I would use C etc.You use the tool that fits the task, not try and make the task fit the tool.

I would say it's a toss up between PHP and C++ their a lot of stuff you can do with both languages.HTML and XHTML are mark up, DHTML can be considered a programming language since it requires javascript to make it work.

You can't argue with that.

PHP > All.

Nope, you sure can't. Php iseasy to learn, especilly at W3 Schools. HTML isn't a code, its a markup language. same with dhtml and xhtml. if you said xml, thats part of java. well, i like php over all. thanks,

~Imtay22

Edited by Imtay22 (see edit history)

I also said Php, since it is an easy language were anybody can start and it really common and you can find help anywhere. You dont really need much in order to start programming in it, you can find servers that support php anywhere.

I am going to have to say php i am just getting in to it and it is amazing the user interface that you can do with php is just amazing also being able to use it to display information that you have stored in your database is really good if you have a site to manage the members and other member information and also to make search for your sites. PHP is the best code to me.

I'd have to say HTML even though html can be used in every field of computing i use it in web design and game design and loads more but other codes like c## are more advanced

You people are all forgeting something!ALL WEB PAGES REQUIRE HTML. You cannot build 1 web page without atleast 1 line of HTML, so HTML is surely the best code there is (even though it might not be a code to some people).C# is only good for user interfaces, if you want a reliable program, go and learn C++. Java may be simple but is slower than C++And what the hell is C##? no such thing unless you mean C++

I say java but the fact here is that you cannot compare all this script languages and programming languages and non existent languages. Because they are used for different situations different things and so on. And of course it depends what kind of application you are writing to be serious and use specific language which is specialized in that.If you are developing something for the windows then you could use only the visual studio and languages included in it that is C# Visual Basic VJ# and if you are developing some sort of application for wide purpose that is for many different platforms then you will certainly use java although it is slower then c++ it is much more powerful in its own world.And if you are using or writing some application in which you need a lot of control and other things then you will certainly use c++ becausxe it allows large menagment of the random access memory and many other things and with it you can write really neat programs on low level that is it can go closest to low level.Then again if you are writing something fo the web then you will use php or something similar javascript or just pure html depending what you do.So we cannot really discuss which is the best until something eelse is being provided as method of comparation. However I prefer java as it is multi platform language and it allows much many things to be done in shorter time interval then c++ although it is slower. It is pure object oriented language.

You people are all forgeting something!ALL WEB PAGES REQUIRE HTML. You cannot build 1 web page without atleast 1 line of HTML, so HTML is surely the best code there is (even though it might not be a code to some people).
C# is only good for user interfaces, if you want a reliable program, go and learn C++. Java may be simple but is slower than C++
And what the hell is C##? no such thing unless you mean C++

I agree,although people have told me that c++ was a dead language and was being replaced.When I was told this I did not believe them,they told me to that visual basic was going to out do c++,when I was told this I thought to myself is this even possible as I thought visual basic would be written in c++ and I think but I am not sure as I am not a programmer but wouldn't visual basic be the equivalent to dreamweaver or frontpage in the web devlopment world.And also c++ is what visual basic is written in.And another question that may be for another topic,I wonder what windows is written in and how windows would be compiled?

I agree,although people have told me that c++ was a dead language and was being replaced.When I was told this I did not believe them,they told me to that visual basic was going to out do c++,when I was told this I thought to myself is this even possible as I thought visual basic would be written in c++ and I think but I am not sure as I am not a programmer but wouldn't visual basic be the equivalent to dreamweaver or frontpage in the web devlopment world.And also c++ is what visual basic is written in.And another question that may be for another topic,I wonder what windows is written in and how windows would be compiled?

OK firstly to clear something C++ is really old and outdated language and by that it has it falls and downs but it is good programming language in global and many todays programming languages are done in it however Visual Basic is not the language which will push c++ from application programming it is rather C# and Java both in different fields.

However you must know that C++ will for certain and for long time stay the ultimate language for lower level programing because it allows more freedom then any of the languages I have mentuionde in the previous text so this is main and important thing. And you cannot just push one language out as long as this language has any meaningful importance and usefulness.

It depends on what you are trying to accomplish. I mean, why code in PHP when all you want to do is create a simple web page with the text and images?One thing I can say for certain is that server side coding is better when you compare it with client side. For example, when trying to enhance my pages with a few tricks that cannot be done in HTML I would go for PHP rather than JavaScript. Why? It is very easy for your visitors to miss the functionality of your pages when you code client side. For example some people surf with JavaScript disabled :( A portion of those people who do, don?t even know it and when they become aware of it they don?t know how to enable it, or if they should? They don?t know what JavaScript is altogether :) For the sake of voting I will say PHP rocks. That?s because you can do any little trick you can imagine. I have been coding my keyword research tool in PHP for the past two years and I really enjoy it :)