xisto Community
akira550

Question About Webhosting Space please come in

Hi everyone first of all Good Morning/Good night or Good afternoon (we don't have the same timezone :P)anyway let's get back into my question I am planning to create a blog/site with a great content and nice graphics intoit.. but I was wondering how much Disk Space do I need? and how much bandwidth?Is the Logic Package of Xisto - Web Hosting enough for me? since I am planning to have a huge of visitors into itand do a blog about everything and I will be using Wordpress platform because it's easy to use andthe plugins are great..I only concerned about the hosting package I must use.. is the logic package or normal package enough? Does thispackage enough in earning money?or do I need to make it more better like the unlimited Disk Space and Unlimited Bandwidth package for $11 mycentssince it was for free.. Do I be able to manage many site and domain name in that hosting package? can I share my hosting packageinto my friends whenever I purchase the Unlimited DS and BW package? Thanks for everyone who could answer this..

Fantastico tells me that a new installation of Wordpress requires 5.6 megs of space. The Logic Plan will definitely allow enough space for that. Bandwidth will depend on the number of users, how often they visit, and which pages they view. Suffice it to say that the Logic Plan allows for quite a bit of Bandwidth.

In addition, the Database needs a little space, too. The size depends on the content of your Blog, comments made, etc. It takes a good amount of Blogging to build up the DB. Again, the Logic Plan allows for adequate DB usage.

As for the "managing of Domain names", *I think* you are able to "park" or "add-on" domain names to the basic Logic package. Can't recall how many.

As for "sharing" the Hosting, it would be as simple as creating a new folder in your account for each of your friends to use, however, they would also need an FTP user created since they need to upload files. Alternately, you could do that for them using Cpanel. Installing software can be done via Softaculous (like Fantastico, but newer versions are available). IT WOULD NOT BE SUGGESTED THAT YOU GIVE THEM YOUR CPANEL ACCESS. The security of your account (and possibly the Server) would be in jeopardy.

Summary: start with the Logic Plan and upgrade as you require more space or bandwidth.

That's a good advice - 10GB bandwidth is more than enough for a starter website and assuming that it increases in popularity, you can easily upgrade to the next package within no time. If you choose the higher package right now and then don't have much traffic, your money (no matter virtual or real!) will go waste, isn't it? As for disk space, if you feel that you need more than 1GB, then you can easily choose the next option 5GB for a mere $0.99 extra. Isn't that convenient? :P That way you won't be spending too much and yet will be getting a fantastic deal out of it.I hope this helped you in some way.

yeah so i will just start with the logic plan since i will be creating a new blog and no one knows about it..when it comes to a point that my blog increases it's pupolarity.. (in case) i will just upgrade it to the next plan..when it's become more popular.. i will upgrade again.. to the best package :P can i upgrade fast even if my logic plans stillin date? or i need to wait until it will expire and upgrad?

when it's become more popular.. i will upgrade again.. to the best package happy.gif can i upgrade fast even if my logic plans still in date? or i need to wait until it will expire and upgrad?

You can upgrade to higher plan at any time. I guess your plan price will be adjusted depending on the months/days left of your previous plan. Logic basic plan is upgradable beyond 1GBspace. Bandwidth is also upgradable beyond 10GB. Extra bandwidth costs about 3-4$ per month per GB(Not sure about exact pricing). Also individual add-ons to hosting plan are available as well. You don't have to wait for previous plan to expire in order to upgrade or to add extra add-ons.

Upgrading isn't that expensive. You can upgrade to 5GB space and 50GB bandwidth for $1.98, which will make a month cost $4. It still isn't that much, and at your current posting rate, you'll be able to afford it.I'd doubt you'll need more than the logic plan for a while. I have a site that gets 80-100 unique visitors a day and about 4000 hits a day. I only use 500MB of space and 3GB of bandwidth per month.

Can we upgrade the space and bandwidth on other packages as we do in Logic plan($1.95). Consider Logic XTREME - $9.95, is the space and BW fixed, or can it be upgraded? Not that I want more space, just asking for clarificaition, I am using the logic plan package myself and is more than sufficient.Also can somebody explain the what does "Powerful Round Robin DNS" mean in layman's language. As far as I understand it handles some kind of dns and does load balancing, how does it affect a site hosted. What are the advantages or what can we do with it in our hosting?

Edited by BCD (see edit history)

Can we upgrade the space and bandwidth on other packages as we do in Logic plan($1.95). Consider Logic XTREME - $9.95, is the space and BW fixed, or can it be upgraded? Not that I want more space, just asking for clarificaition, I am using the logic plan package myself and is more than sufficient.

Let me try to give you my opinion on this. Consider that your hosting capacity increases and goes beyond Logic extreme package. This means that you've more visitors and search engine traffic. Also your bandwidth requirement is increased. And as logic extreme pacakge has 15 GB Space
250 GB Bandwidth. If you're exceeding such huge capacity then Xisto or any hosting provider will suggest you to opt in for dedicated server or VPS facility. When you've large traffic to serve and you exceed bandwidth limits in such case VPS/Dedicated plans are suitable. VPS package at Xisto - Web Hosting starts with 11gb hd space and 300gb bandwidth. I hope this answers your query.

Also can somebody explain the what does "Powerful Round Robin DNS" mean in layman's language. As far as I understand it handles some kind of dns and does load balancing, how does it affect a site hosted. What are the advantages or what can we do with it in our hosting?

Yes, it is for load balancing. And the order in which list of address are responded by server is by using technique "Round-robin". You can find more about what "Round-robin DNS" here. Also if you're unsure what "Round-robin scheduling" means then check this.

i urge ya to go with the 1.99 plan. you get plenty of space and plenty of bandwidth for a new website. i know your goal will eventually be to have many visitors, but they wont be coming right away so don't waste your mycents or the resources for a higher package. usually it takes a year for any website to get it's feet wet anyway. after a year, you can determine if you need more than what the 1.99 plan is offering. also, it's only 1.60 if you pay for 12 months in advance. so for less than 30 bucks, you get your domain and 12 months hosting...and i would besurprised if you used up those resourcesthe only thing that might be limiting is the mysql and the sub domains and if you want to park any extra domains. i would also suggest paying extra for your own name servers. it's like 5 bucks or something but looks professional.so in a nutshell, start small and upgrade when you need to.

i urge ya to go with the 1.99 plan. you get plenty of space and plenty of bandwidth for a new website. i know your goal will eventually be to have many visitors, but they wont be coming right away so don't waste your mycents or the resources for a higher package. usually it takes a year for any website to get it's feet wet anyway. after a year, you can determine if you need more than what the 1.99 plan is offering. also, it's only 1.60 if you pay for 12 months in advance. so for less than 30 bucks, you get your domain and 12 months hosting...and i would besurprised if you used up those resources
the only thing that might be limiting is the mysql and the sub domains and if you want to park any extra domains. i would also suggest paying extra for your own name servers. it's like 5 bucks or something but looks professional.

so in a nutshell, start small and upgrade when you need to.

yeah building a good website with so much subscribers will took many times. I already bought the logic package which is
$1.99 and i didn't feel the lack of space since my blog was just starting and in process of building subscribers :P

I have knowledge that you can expand your bandwith with different plans. For example some guys in my neigborhood convince to install a script to transfer Rapidshare files trough my hosting account. In a few days all my bandwith was down. And of course I lost a lot of visitors those days but Nikhil the support guy who is very kind help me to back my website only with 40GB more of bandwith for only $0.88 more every month. But I don?t know if this can be done now. Maybe you have to open a new support ticket to make them the question about this possibility. But this issue don?t have to stop you now because you can start with your blog or forum right now and believe me the trafffic grows with the time you will not have a lot of visitors since the launch.Again open a new support ticket and ask to the support team to help you with your needs. This only take a few hours and sometimes some minutes the Xisto - Support team is incredible great.

Edited by fermin25 (see edit history)

I think you can start with a logic plan and if necessary you can extend that package anytime is'nt it. Basically the bandwidth usage will depend on the traffic to your site and how often then post etc. So what I think you can just give it a start with a logic plan and if necessary then extend it.?Best of luck for your new blog site.?