xisto Community
hype

Which Package Are We Entitled To?

Recently I'm back looking for php host and Xisto came back to my mind and I took a look around. Many things have changed since the days when I'm using the credit system where 1 credit = 1 day of free hositng. Now with regards to the new system myCents, I would like to clarify some doubts.

What packages are we entitled to by using the myCents system? Are there any full feature plans comparison page? Is it that we are only entitled to those plans stated at the shopping cart of the xisto billing site?

Are there a specific day whereby the credit is deducted or is it counted from the day where you sign up for the hosting plan?

Do we manually exchange the myCents into cash credit, or will the myCents system automatically exchange 100 myCents into $1 when you reach enough myCents?

Thanks in advance for answering my queries. :lol:

As far as I know, you can choose any package that xisto offers, as long as you have the money to pay for it.The credits are deducted when you first order the plan, and approximately 10 days before the next invoice is due.The system is all automatic, all you have to do is post.

myCENTs is a very convenient system as you can earn a lot by posting and can afford to take a break from posting if the need arises. Every package in the Xisto - Support site can be bought using myCENTs, and all you need to do is have enough balance at the time of renewal.

myCENTs automatically convert into dollars as soon as the counter reaches 100. You need to sign up at https://support.xisto.com/ with the same email id which you used to register at the forums and after that the myCENTs will automatically transfer to your xisto account.

It is up to you whether or not you want to renew your packages automatically, but it's more convenient to let the automatic setting on, as it's more convenient and hassle-free. You need not worry about any delays in this system.

What packages are we entitled to by using the myCents system?

There are two packages. Logic basic and logic pro. Logic basic is plan which gives 1gb disk and 10gb bandwidth(again it is upgradable). Logic Pro is 10gb disk and more bandwidth(this is also upgradable). Number of MySQL database on basic plan is limited, you've to upgrade or manually pay for add-on for additional databases.

Are there any full feature plans comparison page? Is it that we are only entitled to those plans stated at the shopping cart of the xisto billing site?

Not sure if it's full feature comparison but both the plans and their features have separate page on Xisto - Web Hosting. Also there is short difference mentioned during your steps of shopping cart. You can check how package differs from one another in shopping cart. You can buy almost any service of xisto domains and Xisto - Web Hosting by using mycents and by new billing system.

Are there a specific day whereby the credit is deducted or is it counted from the day where you sign up for the hosting plan?

No specific day or something for deduction. If you purchase something then and only then mycents are deducted. Also, Credit system is terminated. and now that Mycent system is introduced you can get mycent based on quality of your post. and you use it to buy monthly/yearly hosting packages and domains.

Do we manually exchange the myCents into cash credit, or will the myCents system automatically exchange 100 myCents into $1 when you reach enough myCents?

No, there is no manual exchange of mycent into cash. Xisto billing system takes care of it for you. You can check your cash credit balance on Xisto - Support billing. From there you can confirm that it converts automatically. You're posting here from which you're earning mycent. There are some rules for earning mycent. Like excessive quoting and editing causes reduction of mycents. SPAMming and one liner also doesn't count towards mycent earning. MODS and admins warn for constant spamming. Hope this answers most of your questions.

It's pretty much endless as long as you can keep posting to earn your cents. Just do what I am doing and get some of your really TRUSTED/TRUSTWORTHEY friends to post on your account, making sure they are quality and big. :P I have a few friends who post for me, which is more easier for me since I have College to attend to every Monday to Wednesday with doing my I.T course.Bah, I hope you get what you expected here at Trap hype, and hope you can get a good website here. :lol:Regards. :(

I'm not worried about the posting part as I'm quite an old member here and the previous Credit system seems to be more tedious and harder to gain those credits as it's minus off everyday. I guess I got almost everything answered, so I can even choose the plan that cost $9++ or even the VPS. That would be fantastic, I guess I'm gonna start my hosting with Xisto pretty soon since I have quite a number of credit in the billing system already. :lol:PS: Are we counted as having a free web host or paid ones? =x

any package you want to order as long as you have many USD credited into your account.. if you have many you can try the extreme package. for now i am only using the logic plan $1.95 because that was the only one i can order by now because i am so crazy to start my blog haha

PS: Are we counted as having a free web host or paid ones? =x

Very good question. As i paid for my hosting and domains in advanced before Mycents introduced into T17. I think i'm still paid customer. After introduction of mycents, if we used it for billing then i'm sure we're free host customers indirectly. But i don't know how staff recognizes us. I mean we're customer at the end. It's just matter of looking at it if we're paid customer or mycent customer. We better ask opaque for this. +1 to your question,if someone have opaque on MSN/Gtalk then do ask and get answer on this thread please.

Very good question. As i paid for my hosting and domains in advanced before Mycents introduced into T17. I think i'm still paid customer. After introduction of mycents, if we used it for billing then i'm sure we're free host customers indirectly. But i don't know how staff recognizes us. I mean we're customer at the end. It's just matter of looking at it if we're paid customer or mycent customer. We better ask opaque for this. +1 to your question,if someone have opaque on MSN/Gtalk then do ask and get answer on this thread please.

is there a difference between paid customers and free customers? i think the only difference is paid members are paying while we are posting and participating here am i right? besides we can order the package that they can buy.. so e.g if he buy a logic plan using his money and i buy a logic plan using my mycent there's no difference with that thing right? because we had the same plan

is there a difference between paid customers and free customers? i think the only difference is paid members are paying while we are posting and participating here am i right? besides we can order the package that they can buy.. so e.g if he buy a logic plan using his money and i buy a logic plan using my mycent there's no difference with that thing right? because we had the same plan

I can understand what you mean. Both are paying in one way or the other. Service for both will remain the same. There is no doubt about that. And xisto is excellent for their service and resoluting problems with hosting etc. So there is no difference between the service they're getting. But his question was about how we're treated as "paid or freehost customer". So that's why we want staff member of xisto to answer this. We can't make up our own assumptions about this,right ?

Paid versus Free hosting? Good question.The Plans and services are the same, only the manner of payment differ. When you think about it, actually, they are the same, too, really.The only difference is that my bank account doesn't go down when using MyCents to supply my hosting.Also, I think the Paid accounts might be on a different server(s) than the 'free' accounts, but I am only guessing at that. That would make sense to me, but since I can't access the Data Center. It is only a guess on my part.

So we have few questions that we need to get answered from admins/(if possible from mods) as even thread starter wants to know answer of first one.1. Are Mycent customer treated same as Paid customer ?2. Mycent paid sites are hosted separately on data center from paid customers ?3. Is it possible to prepay for hosting account using mycent and stay inactive instead of canceling account ?I just wish to get answer from Mods/admins for these questions instead of other members.

1. Are Mycent customer treated same as Paid customer ?

Yes. Both myCENTs customers and paid customers use the same hosting packages, the same billing area, everything. myCENTs is just another payment method that you can use for your hosting, just like paying with a credit card or posting a cheque.

2. Mycent paid sites are hosted separately on data center from paid customers ?

As far as I know, no. Under the old system, Xisto customers were hosted on a separate server, but I don't think this is the case now. As the paid and free accounts are now all running under the same system, I don't think they are separated in any way. myCENTs is just another payment method, so those accounts are mixed in with the paid ones.

3. Is it possible to prepay for hosting account using mycent and stay inactive instead of canceling account ?

You can pay for a year in one go, so you would only have to pay each year (you also get a discount over paying monthly I think). Your invoices are also paid automatically if you have funds in your account, so you don't need to worry about not being there when they are due. If you're worried about not earning enough myCENTs then you can add funds to your billing account with traditional methods such as credit or debit cards.

Nice replies and answers from everyone. Thanks again.However, the main difference between free and paid hosting is that when a free hosting goes down or decides to wind up, we might not get an explaination or refund. With paid hosting they are not allowed to discontinue their services without pior notices or various refunds. You will definitely feel more power and confidence when you are using a paid hosting rather than a free hosting.

@rvalkassYeah, i was thinking of adding funds to billing area. I just noticed there is option to add funds using "Mycents" as well. Not sure, if it works or when it was added. But if it is working for renewal of domains and hosting. Then this solves big issue for paid customer as well as Mycent customer. Just wanted to confirm this with opaque that if Mycents works for yearly renewal or not.