xisto Community
Ne0n

The [hosted] Group ......

[HOSTED] V Members  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hello all!

Now after some time I have actually made a topic about it, A [MODERATOR] said to make one and see the members views.

Now, You may of seen a members group called [HOSTED], This meens that if you are hosted with Xisto you would move into the hosted group.
That just came to a end a long time ago as nobody could be bothered to do it.
What do you think. do you think they should start doing it again? Most of the members that are in the [HOSTED] group no longer keep active on here anymore.

Or, Should they move all the members out of the [HOSTED] group in to the Members?

-Sky- is in the [HOSTED] group and he came up with a suggestion to rename the [HOSTED] group to +Customers awhile ago. All thanks goes to him on that one.

Please take a vote and leave a reply! :lol:

Phoneix.

Edited by Phoneix (see edit history)

Woohoo!!! First vote!!!I actually think that it's a great idea to start the [HOSTED] group again, so people (noobies like me) will actually know who has hosting and who are pro's at hosting problems... So I've voted Yes for starting the [HOSTED] group, No to moving the [HOSTED] group to Members, and No to changing the [HOSTED] group to Customers.... well, the term "customers" just make Xisto sound like a money making business that only wants money. Well, Xisto IS a money making business... but I don't think that they only want money... NO...

I know the [Hosted] group was for the old system though I don't see why the staff can't use it today. If they are not going to use it why would you keep it? One or the other in my opinion.

Hosted group was good earlier cause there were no mycents. Now that we've mycents introduced by admins. I don't see any need for hosted group. Let it be for only those who are hosted on Xisto. Some of us are paid members of xisto. So i don't think it is worth to add them as well into hosted group cause paid members are here only to resolve their problems or to earn mycents for renewal or to get add-on from xisto. There is no point in adding them into hosted group. Instead adding them into "customer" group would be a nice move. and it will be easy to see people from Xisto - Web Hosting customers, Xisto hosted members. Though it will sound like divide between members, only good to see members in some colors and nothing beneficial in any way. If there is any benefit, i would like to know what that it. But it will be great to see only trap hosted people with status "hosted". I'm not sure if this is implemented but i think these days only Xisto hosted are getting this status. Correct me if i'm wrong with my observations.

I also voted "No" because in my opinion, a lot of people are getting hosted on trap nowadays, and there would simply be too many members in the group if it's activated again. So what would be the point of creating a separate group, when the almost everyone is eligible to join it? :lol: Also, it would mean a lot of work for the mods/admins because a lot of people are getting hosted daily and they have to keep on adding new people to the group daily. In such a case there wouldn't be anything special about the group, would it? That's just my opinion though. If someone has an idea for groups which are based on a similar concept but somewhat practical then please suggest them.

I also voted "No" because in my opinion, a lot of people are getting hosted on trap nowadays, and there would simply be too many members in the group if it's activated again. So what would be the point of creating a separate group, when the almost everyone is eligible to join it? :lol: Also, it would mean a lot of work for the mods/admins because a lot of people are getting hosted daily and they have to keep on adding new people to the group daily. In such a case there wouldn't be anything special about the group, would it? That's just my opinion though. If someone has an idea for groups which are based on a similar concept but somewhat practical then please suggest them.

Oh... do the moderators and the admins have to add members to the group MANUALLY? I never know that before I voted... if this is the case then I change my vote to no then...

But I still believe that it's still nice to know who is actually using Xisto's service and who are still not. So if they can find a way to do that automatically without any man-triggered labour and work, then it's a YES from me...Yes! Yes! Yes!

Oh... do the moderators and the admins have to add members to the group MANUALLY? I never know that before I voted... if this is the case then I change my vote to no then...

Obviously they have to add manually. Or it could be some script that transfers member to hosted group when their request is accepted by admin/mods. I've no idea but i thought as application process is manual chances are this could be manual group addition as well. And BTW, i don't think that we've option for change of vote :lol:

But I still believe that it's still nice to know who is actually using Xisto's service and who are still not. So if they can find a way to do that automatically without any man-triggered labour and work, then it's a YES from me...Yes! Yes! Yes!

What's the point in that ? I mean there are Xisto - Web Hosting users. Some of them are qupis members. and most of them are hosted. They may or may not be active but atleast they are customers. I don't see any point in separating people like that. Instead as i said earlier, it would be good to have Xisto hosted only people with hosted status with some scripts instead of manual addition(if there is any).

When the myCENT system came to be, there were many topics like this one; asking what is to become of the hosted group. OpaQue said he has no intentions of keeping the group, and he might replace it. Unfortunately OpaQue is quite busy trying to fix any remaining problems with Xisto, and I'm sure that removing the Hosted group and replacing it with other more interesting groups is pretty low on his priorities. But you can ask him what his plans are and when he thinks he can get to them.

Thanks for bringing my name and my previous suggestion up with this Phoneix.Yeah, I still think the Admins should change the [HOSTED] group to +Customers, however keeping to change all the hosted members to the +Customers group is a mess. I mean, they'd have to change each and every account to the other group. But if you rename the "Members" group to +Customers, then use a simple SQL command of the following:

UPDATE ibf_members SET mgroup = n WHERE mgroup = o

Then they can mass move all the members from the [HOSTED] group to the renamed Members to +Customers.However, they'd have to keep putting this command into the SQL query command toolbar, which should be easy. :lol:I have given OpaQue and BH a message saying if they need any IPB help, I'm open for helping them.What are your opinions?

Woohoo!!! First vote!!!

I actually think that it's a great idea to start the [HOSTED] group again, so people (noobies like me) will actually know who has hosting and who are pro's at hosting problems...

So I've voted Yes for starting the [HOSTED] group, No to moving the [HOSTED] group to Members, and No to changing the [HOSTED] group to Customers.... well, the term "customers" just make Xisto sound like a money making business that only wants money. Well, Xisto IS a money making business... but I don't think that they only want money... NO...

Well done you got it in there! Same it will be great if they started it again! Thanks for the vote it was counted for! However the other vote polls were removed.

I know the [Hosted] group was for the old system though I don't see why the staff can't use it today. If they are not going to use it why would you keep it? One or the other in my opinion.

Well that is somthing the staff need to explain or discuss between them selfs. However, I was talking to opaque on MSN and he said he was a little busy but we discussed some other things awell.

Hosted group was good earlier cause there were no mycents. Now that we've mycents introduced by admins. I don't see any need for hosted group. Let it be for only those who are hosted on Xisto. Some of us are paid members of xisto. So i don't think it is worth to add them as well into hosted group cause paid members are here only to resolve their problems or to earn mycents for renewal or to get add-on from xisto. There is no point in adding them into hosted group. Instead adding them into "customer" group would be a nice move. and it will be easy to see people from Xisto - Web Hosting customers, Xisto hosted members. Though it will sound like divide between members, only good to see members in some colors and nothing beneficial in any way. If there is any benefit, i would like to know what that it.

But it will be great to see only trap hosted people with status "hosted". I'm not sure if this is implemented but i think these days only Xisto hosted are getting this status. Correct me if i'm wrong with my observations.

Well lets say first thank-you for your comment! It seems your are with us for the customer group. It would be nice to have a divide between the two aswell.

Well firstly thankyou for your vote and reply. Having members in other groups may boost sales on xisto because guests will see how many customers are currently hosted and they will think we will offer a good service. Im sure they used a script before on a automatic movement when someone orders and it gets validated. If not im sure some of us can code a script like that.

We are not sure whether it was manual or automatic so at the moment I am unavailable to answer that question.

Obviously they have to add manually. Or it could be some script that transfers member to hosted group when their request is accepted by admin/mods. I've no idea but i thought as application process is manual chances are this could be manual group addition as well. And BTW, i don't think that we've option for change of vote :(

No we dont. As above im not sure whether it was manual or not.

When the myCENT system came to be, there were many topics like this one; asking what is to become of the hosted group. OpaQue said he has no intentions of keeping the group, and he might replace it. Unfortunately OpaQue is quite busy trying to fix any remaining problems with Xisto, and I'm sure that removing the Hosted group and replacing it with other more interesting groups is pretty low on his priorities. But you can ask him what his plans are and when he thinks he can get to them.

Thank-you for your reply. That is also what he told me. He said he will get around to it by the end of the week (NEXT}.

Thanks for bringing my name and my previous suggestion up with this Phoneix.

Yeah, I still think the Admins should change the [HOSTED] group to +Customers, however keeping to change all the hosted members to the +Customers group is a mess. I mean, they'd have to change each and every account to the other group. But if you rename the "Members" group to +Customers, then use a simple SQL command of the following:

SQLUPDATE ibf_members SET mgroup = n WHERE mgroup = o

Then they can mass move all the members from the [HOSTED] group to the renamed Members to +Customers.

However, they'd have to keep putting this command into the SQL query command toolbar, which should be easy. :P

I have given OpaQue and BH a message saying if they need any IPB help, I'm open for helping them.

What are your opinions?

Firstly thank-you for your reply -sky- and you are welcome! That is a great idea and hopefully they will take that to account!

Obviously they have to add manually. Or it could be some script that transfers member to hosted group when their request is accepted by admin/mods. I've no idea but i thought as application process is manual chances are this could be manual group addition as well. And BTW, i don't think that we've option for change of vote :lol:
What's the point in that ? I mean there are Xisto - Web Hosting users. Some of them are qupis members. and most of them are hosted. They may or may not be active but atleast they are customers. I don't see any point in separating people like that. Instead as i said earlier, it would be good to have Xisto hosted only people with hosted status with some scripts instead of manual addition(if there is any).

Haha... I'm always the stupid noob one that never get's anything right, aren't I? I'm still doing my best though... I'm sure I'll get there one day. BEing a computer geeky nerd, I mean. It's one of the first goals that I have on my goals list.

I suppose you're right though... Doing ALL of that is too much of a hassle and it is rather pointless... :P Just for my curiousity I suppose, that's all...
It'd be nice...

Haha... I'm always the stupid noob one that never get's anything right, aren't I? I'm still doing my best though... I'm sure I'll get there one day. BEing a computer geeky nerd, I mean. It's one of the first goals that I have on my goals list.
I suppose you're right though... Doing ALL of that is too much of a hassle and it is rather pointless... sad.gif Just for my curiousity I suppose, that's all...
It'd be nice...

As we said were not sure right now. It may be auto or manual.

Seems the vote is going towards the No shamefully. I wish they did start using it again or go back to the old way I really don't mind which.

I voted 'no'. Having that information displayed makes no difference to the membership or how members are regarded on the Forum. In fact, it risks damaging the Forum by segregating the membership into distinct 'groups' where perceptions may change towards one another. Also, with the heavy mods on the IPB Forum software, it is one less mod to change when the versions are updated.