xisto Community
The Simpleton

A Short Sample Of Ethical Hacking: Auto-shutdown Your Computer! dont use this for the wrong purposes...

I dont understand... It really isnt hacking (the shutdown command is after all intended to shutdown the computer) but then the real definition of hacking is to make something act or work in a way it isnt intended (Ie to make a simple MSQL SELECT statement turn into a DELETE ALL statement for obvious reasons) It is a handy line of commands to know. Particularly if you get infected with the SASSER worm in which case the shutdown -a command will hault the system shutdown so you can save your stuff and work on removing it without being shutdown every 5 minutes. You can also use the timed shutdown as a really easy way to shutdown a PC after a download is complete. If the download is predicted to take an hour and you wanna go to bed set a time delayed shutdown for 90 mins or two hours and go to bed safe in the knowledge your windows PC wont set fire to the house while you sleep or somehow corrupt itself due to lack of "sleep". If you or anyone else wants to learn basic hacking look at sites like hackthissite.org and bright-shadows.net (might not be the correct URL, its been a while.)But bare in mind *any* hack you do at a beginner level, or even a fairly advanced level WILL be logged by the victim, and if you are still on the learning path (which if you are using those sites you are) you will not be able to remove or alter those logs. Play safe. The stress is on the word "play" there. I dont advise you take it any further than that, thought "play" hacking is good fun, i just wish i was at a level where i could start a few war games over our work LAN :lol: a CTF match with 150+ computers would be extremely enjoyable... Particularly trying to do it without our users knowing XD

Lol, i don't find this as hacking tough. Not even a virus unless you put this script into startup. Put into startup, so when desktop is loaded this window should show up or even if you're using task automated scripts you can hide warning windows. This way it looks more like Virus. :lol: Nice attempt though.I suggest using program like autohotkey, which could automate this task and can even make your day worst if you keep it on startup item. Seriously, imagine you write autohotkey style script and keep it on startup. When user logs onto dekstop they find window which says windows is going to shutdown in say 1Min20sec. And if user is not of intermediate level, they're likely to get mad at such thing. Let's keep fun aside. I just don't want someone to do such thing to me so i refrain from doing such things on college computer. I've virtual machine to do this stuff.

Nice information to tell us what our computers can do with those commands. Is there a site or list of various tricks or command which we can use with windows? Maybe some commands can really help us ultilise our windows to the fullest.

Google "Msdos Commands" and/or "Batch file tutorial"A batch file is a "batch" (hence the name i guess) of msdos commands. You can for example have one to auto download a file from a shared network resource with commands that execute thus: (These arent real commands...)Ask for confirmation of the copyCopyOpen the folder in explorerClose the command promptAnd technically speaking this isnt, and never can be a virus. A virus by definition is a snippet of code (be that DNA/genetic code as in the flu virus, or programming code) which is injected into another program such as msn, IE, FF etc... and runs that way. It can be run on its on the same way a flu virus cant grow and reproduce on its own, it must first get inside one of your own cells, at which point it takes over, replicated itself and explodes the cell spreading hundreds of copies of itself. I think a virus is usually delivered by a computer worm, which by itself is harmless, its just a program that crawls through networks spreading whatever it's payload is, which is usually a virus.

this is not ethical hacking since it wasn't hacking after all it was just a shutdown shortcut or a fake virus with some tweaks to make other people cry knowing that it was a virus but it isn't

Google "Msdos Commands" and/or "Batch file tutorial"
A batch file is a "batch" (hence the name i guess) of msdos commands. You can for example have one to auto download a file from a shared network resource with commands that execute thus: (These arent real commands...)

Ask for confirmation of the copy
Copy
Open the folder in explorer
Close the command prompt

And technically speaking this isnt, and never can be a virus. A virus by definition is a snippet of code (be that DNA/genetic code as in the flu virus, or programming code) which is injected into another program such as msn, IE, FF etc... and runs that way. It can be run on its on the same way a flu virus cant grow and reproduce on its own, it must first get inside one of your own cells, at which point it takes over, replicated itself and explodes the cell spreading hundreds of copies of itself.

I think a virus is usually delivered by a computer worm, which by itself is harmless, its just a program that crawls through networks spreading whatever it's payload is, which is usually a virus.

I've learn batch file before and it's quite easy to set up a simple batch file. I think what I need is the ms dos command which I guess will work. If there's a prepared list of such tricks of "hacking" on the web would be perfect. It's better to safe guard yourself first with those tricks before others do! :lol:

msdos wont teach you to hack. If you wish to learn to hack or crack visits sites like hackthissite.org and bright-shadows.net. They are brilliant sites with plenty of "games" or scenarios where you have to research topics like basic javascript programming, SQL injection, PHP programming etc... and thats how you learn.

msdos wont teach you to hack. If you wish to learn to hack or crack visits sites like hackthissite.org and bright-shadows.net.
They are brilliant sites with plenty of "games" or scenarios where you have to research topics like basic javascript programming, SQL injection, PHP programming etc... and thats how you learn.

I'm not talking about the real hacking, I'm talking about tricks that makes it looks like hacking. It will save yourself in an embarrass situation if you know more about those tricks.

Ah i see, Basic knowledge can give you a hand in solving little "fake virusses" but its easy to get caught out. CTRL+ALT+DEL is your friend. It will show you what processes are running. If you see "shutdown.exe" then your being tricked i would imagine.And if you have a browser open do CTRL+ALT+DEl and end the process. (Processes tab>iexplore.exe OR firefox.exe then click "End Process")That will kill any of those "Your PC is about to explode and destroy the world. Download our free antivirus to save your life" type websites that pretend to be folders etc... on your PC.

Lets hope the processes on my pc everyday is not enough to make me go crazy looking at them :lol:And yea ctrl+alt+del solve most problem with the process tab, just worried that I couldn't figure out what exactly went wrong with my computer even though I've manage to kill the right process. I'll do a little googling around, hopefully some luck is with me :P

There can be a lot of things running, particularly if you have had the system for a while and bits and pieces of programs get left behind that trigger various processes and what not.But it will get you out of a lot of trouble. Especially when something crashes and the "End Now" just doesant work, which is most of the time actually... but "End Process" completely kills it regardless of its state. Also useful if explorer.exe crashes (thats when you open a folder and it just crashes or the start menu/task bar crashes or disappears) If you kill the process explorer.exe the start menu and taskbar will go away, then just go "New Task" and type explorer.exe and it will all come back within a few seconds. A lot quicker and easier than waiting minutes for it to come back and safer than holding in the power button and restarting the machine. :lol:

It was a very nice post and I tried it on my friend and he was simply amazed that I created a virus and I opened the comman prompt to make it look realistic.Please post something more of this sort.Thank a lot.