xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
The Simpleton

Would You Post @ Trap17 If There Were No Mycents?

Posting without myCENTs  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think there's a drop in the rate of postings because most people have piled up enough myCENTs to last them for a while so they're not posting with the same speed and zeal that they did when they joined the forum. And in the case of new members, well they do try to keep up the posting rate but most of them fall back sooner or later. But I'm not worried because we'll always have enough new members to keep the forum active and the active old members are a handful too. So don't worry about the rate of posting :)

Haha your birthday is on 6 October.Take care about your mycents,you did some mistake in posting,and moderator/administrator edited your post so you have negative mycents.Lots of users are posting very much i think,but maybe i am wrong.After buying a domain i slowed posting,but still i am here and i am active.I don't know why 1-3 threads i posted aren't approved.They are big,good explained,everything good at all.For one month i got 169 posts.You,for 7-8 months got 87 posts.That is very weird and shows that you aren't active - plus your negative mycents shows that you aren't following rules or you did some other mistake like incorrect url.

I'm not really one for message boards generally... but I do appreciate the broad nature of this one. It's a pretty open forum for just about anything I could possibly want to talk about which is definitely great for killing time on occasion. Unfortunately, time isn't something I have a lot of these days.But, I do certainly appreciate the Mycents aspect as well. I think it's a pretty interesting take on methods used to garner attention for sites and such. Kudos to those involved.

I think there's a drop in the rate of postings because most people have piled up enough myCENTs to last them for a while so they're not posting with the same speed and zeal that they did when they joined the forum. And in the case of new members, well they do try to keep up the posting rate but most of them fall back sooner or later. But I'm not worried because we'll always have enough new members to keep the forum active and the active old members are a handful too. So don't worry about the rate of posting :)

I don't think so
If you look at the amount of members we have and compare it against the average number of members online the ratio is like 1:10000000
barely anyone comes on the forum :/
if you wanna see a real active forum go to places like mpc forum or gamerzplanet

now those are active

Xisto however is not
unfortunately

I think that posting would decrease if Xisto wouldn't offer mycents and hosting would be absolutely free? This is the way to upkeep your hosting account, by posting something and earning mycents, so I guess this is the main thing that makes most of the members post, at the beginning of course it's very interesting, but later after 1000 posts and more and especially when you see that you only have 12$ MyCents and hosting is costing 6.66$ you need to post again, so this is a good way for a lot of people just continue the hosting by paying, because with time people finish school, finish university, gets a job and it seems that you can't post as much as earlier. So I think that MyCents is really a very good thing.And I like that Xisto is not as active as other forums like mpc and etc. Because I lets say visit once 24 hours and see 3-4 pages of new topics, I at least can spend some time going through them, due to if every 12 hours I would see 12 new pages, I would skip most of them, because when you post more than 1-2 hours in a time, I personally have a little headache. :)

Maybe... No? LolFrankly, i dont mind posting, and i like forums with worth reading posts and topics (and deeply hated those NATO spamming only forums...) :)It's just that, you know, i dont really like using my secondary language as my prime language on every post (ok, in short i'm L-A-Z-Y) :(Trap's mycent system seems to be the most motivator around. And it's better than using post count as the hosting credit where people can just open view new post and reply everything, and could be the one to be spamed. :-)If the mycents system gone and trap give free hosting with the same quality, the motivation will be gone to, along with those member who seek free hosting only

Maybe... No? LolFrankly, i dont mind posting, and i like forums with worth reading posts and topics (and deeply hated those NATO spamming only forums...) :)
It's just that, you know, i dont really like using my secondary language as my prime language on every post (ok, in short i'm L-A-Z-Y) :D

Trap's mycent system seems to be the most motivator around. And it's better than using post count as the hosting credit where people can just open view new post and reply everything, and could be the one to be spamed. :-)
If the mycents system gone and trap give free hosting with the same quality, the motivation will be gone to, along with those member who seek free hosting only

Yeah, I suppose... I mean, I will still post though, but only post my questions on domains, emails, and FTP softwares and how they work. Basically, just to get my website up and running. But then, if that is the case, then there will be quite a huge amount of people posting questions and hosting support threads up and no one to read them or answer to them. :(

And that would be bad... very bad. Plus, I don't think that we will be able to get a free TLDomain Name here if there aren't any myCENTS, and that would just make Xisto look like some regular free hosting company with a free hosting company service quality, and not a paid hosting company quality service that is actually in fact, free and only needs your posting.

What do you think about that?

I don't think soIf you look at the amount of members we have and compare it against the average number of members online the ratio is like 1:10000000
barely anyone comes on the forum :/
if you wanna see a real active forum go to places like mpc forum or gamerzplanet

now those are active

Xisto however is not
unfortunately

As I said before, this time of the year just happens to be a busy one and that's why there's a significant drop of activity and that includes the number of new members coming in. But we still have a lot of "guests" coming in daily and they are teetering over the edge whether or not to join - if the existing members manage to keep up/improve the post quality then more guests will turn into members :)