xisto Community
Ash-Bash

I Did Not Get Paid For A Post :(

I think the best solution would be to stop worrying how much you earn out of a post and start worrying about the quality of your post. If all the members were only bothered about how much they're making from their posts, then the forum would be full of long but meaningless posts! It's good to make a long post, but it should also have some good content. If one goes on talking about something in a random manner then it loses all meaning and whether or not the poster gets a lot of money, the people who read that long post get bored! myCENTs will come in unexpected ways - no one really knows how the script works. So let's all forget about how much we're making and concentrate on the quality of the posts, shall we? ;)

I think the best solution would be to stop worrying how much you earn out of a post and start worrying about the quality of your post. If all the members were only bothered about how much they're making from their posts, then the forum would be full of long but meaningless posts! It's good to make a long post, but it should also have some good content. If one goes on talking about something in a random manner then it loses all meaning and whether or not the poster gets a lot of money, the people who read that long post get bored!

Yeah I think you are totally right. I don´t know how the MyCents script works if my memory doesn´t fail the most I have earned with a post are $0.75 with a legnthy post. I don´t understand how some guys say they have earned until $10 with a single post. I think the downtime in the server cause the fail in the MyCents system when all the people post some topics.

I think there are some things that are not rigth with the MyCents system because the Mycents that we earn must not be proportionally to the length of the post. I try to make good quality post always but I don´t earn $3 a post; sometimes I only make $0.15-0.35 a post regularly. I have made a lot of length post and I dont earn $3 a post I think that this is only a lie from these forum members.

I have a question to all the moderators:

A member that have a SuperMember status receive more MyCents than a Newbie?

Can someone give me a good explanation about this.

Please

;):P:D

I think the best solution would be to stop worrying how much you earn out of a post and start worrying about the quality of your post. If all the members were only bothered about how much they're making from their posts, then the forum would be full of long but meaningless posts! It's good to make a long post, but it should also have some good content. If one goes on talking about something in a random manner then it loses all meaning and whether or not the poster gets a lot of money, the people who read that long post get bored!
myCENTs will come in unexpected ways - no one really knows how the script works. So let's all forget about how much we're making and concentrate on the quality of the posts, shall we? ;)

Well, I consider my posts as NOT SPAM, and by that, I mean like, good quality posts that either contribute to the thread or the post before mine, open up new questions RELATING to the thread itself, especially in philosophical questions and answers and threads, or just giving my two cents worth in the forums just as I'm doing right now...

But I think you're right. We should concentrate on the quality of the posts, not the actual number of characters in the post itself!!!
But I don't think that a robot that can differentiate a good quality post with bad quality ones, as they'll probably look the same to the poor robot. Aww....
We can wait until this techonology has been invented... But for now, just enjoy the sites and all the trees. You never know when this technology will be developed, assuming that it will in the first place.

Yeah I think you are totally right. I don´t know how the MyCents script works if my memory doesn´t fail the most I have earned with a post are $0.75 with a legnthy post. I don´t understand how some guys say they have earned until $10 with a single post. I think the downtime in the server cause the fail in the MyCents system when all the people post some topics.
I think there are some things that are not rigth with the MyCents system because the Mycents that we earn must not be proportionally to the length of the post. I try to make good quality post always but I don´t earn $3 a post; sometimes I only make $0.15-0.35 a post regularly. I have made a lot of length post and I dont earn $3 a post I think that this is only a lie from these forum members.

I have a question to all the moderators:

A member that have a SuperMember status receive more MyCents than a Newbie?

Can someone give me a good explanation about this.

Please

:P:P:D

I really don't think that this is right. On my first forum posts, I got like, one dollar immediately, but now, I have to post lots and lots and lots of times before I get even one dollar. Does that mean that the longer a member you are the longer it takes to get one dollar??? Oh my god... that means that when I get like, a few years older I'll be posting like, non-stop and still get nowhere near the new cost fee for my website, because even if the fee doesn't change, I'll still need to post a lot to keep up with my hosting fees that get harder to post every single day and earn money.

No, and in fact, I think you earn less. When I moved up in rank/posts I thought I earned less, but it is slightly less. With the old v2 credit system, the more posts you have, the harder it was to earn credits.

That is what I said in the previous post to the reply in the previous quote... and yeah, I agree with you. Thank god they changed the v2 system to the new one, and we don't exactly know whether we get less myCENTS or not, and I don't have to worry about that anymore!!!

No, and in fact, I think you earn less. When I moved up in rank/posts I thought I earned less, but it is slightly less. With the old v2 credit system, the more posts you have, the harder it was to earn credits.

hmm that's interesting - that means our top posters earn lesser than us per post. Well that does make sense but doesn't make lot of difference. It's not as if you're earning something like $0.01 per post! ;) whatever we're getting now is only fair and I don't have anything to say against it.

$10 may seem to be a lie but amounts like $3, $5 are indeed possible in the initial stages and there's no saying that it's impossible after getting a certain number of posts. anyway, as I said before, it's best to stop worrying for the cents after a while. That's just my 2 myCENTS :P