xisto Community
Nameless_

I Have A Paypal Account... What Now? Personal or Premier... and other questions.

Hi people...This is Nameless_ here.So, after finding out that I do NOT need to give my bank account details or credit card account details to get a PayPal... I wasted no time in signing up.However, there were two different types of accounts that I could use, which are Personal and Premier (not including the teens one with parents restrictions - don't know what that's for but it didn't sound like what I need), and from advice from a friend of mine, I signed up for Personal.However, that was because she thought that Premier needed to be payed to get an account (bad grammar, sorry), so she didn't sign up. On signing up, however, I realised this was not the case, and so I upgraded my account without reading what the difference between Premier and Personal accounts give.Apparently, after reading different sites, Premier accounts take a percentage of the money that you receive online, more than Personal accounts. Is this true? I don't know which type to get, and I don't know which account will suit me more.I won't be using the money to buy anything online, and I will not be using real life cash to put money in. I will only accept payments from ads and other income sources. I think I have made a grave mistake in upgrading my account, as I don't know how to downgrade it again... I wish to receive as the highest payment possible with low taxes, but I don't know which account type it is.And I don't know how to downgrade my account back to Personal again! If it turns out that Personal is better... then I'm lost.I'm in need of help desperately...Nameless_(Also, any tips of earning money will be great. I will also be looking around the "Make Money Online" forum section)

To answer the questions...1) Personal accounts can not receive credit card/automatic donations. Only transfers from people's banks or their Paypal balances.2) Premiere accounts can receive *any* payment but charge 30 cents + 4.6% (?) of the amount being sent to you as "fees."For Kontera and things like that, personal is the best as you will keep 100% of the money. Premiere is for stores/ebay sellers/etc.And you can't downgrade once you've upgraded the account.

To answer the questions...
1) Personal accounts can not receive credit card/automatic donations. Only transfers from people's banks or their Paypal balances.
2) Premiere accounts can receive *any* payment but charge 30 cents + 4.6% (?) of the amount being sent to you as "fees."

For Kontera and things like that, personal is the best as you will keep 100% of the money. Premiere is for stores/ebay sellers/etc.

And you can't downgrade once you've upgraded the account.

Darn it...

Don't worry, I created a new personal account. I had to create a phoney email address on Yahoo, change my primary address, and then create a new one.
Apparently though, on some of the sites, Paypal would hold your funds and money after a few transactions and "force" you to upgrade to Premier. Is that true? And if it is, how can I prevent it from happening or anything, if I can ever prevent it?

Also... did you say no automatic donations? Isn't Kontera automatic? The thought of a person actually manually transferring funds in front of a computer sounds weird, with millions of computers (not not that much, but you get what I mean) using Kontera at the same time.
What if I wanted to put up ads on my site to support the hosting fees? Or paid to click or paid to post or other making money online methods?
Does that count as automatic?

(Sorry for the bombardment of the questions...)
Thanks...

How can you believe that you gonna get money from internet. You are waisting your time, believe me. Who fool to pay you just for clicking some thing? I don't believe in that stupidity. Do what you wanna do but i told ya, you are waisting your time!

Darn it...
Don't worry, I created a new personal account. I had to create a phoney email address on Yahoo, change my primary address, and then create a new one.
Apparently though, on some of the sites, Paypal would hold your funds and money after a few transactions and "force" you to upgrade to Premier. Is that true? And if it is, how can I prevent it from happening or anything, if I can ever prevent it?

Also... did you say no automatic donations? Isn't Kontera automatic? The thought of a person actually manually transferring funds in front of a computer sounds weird, with millions of computers (not not that much, but you get what I mean) using Kontera at the same time.
What if I wanted to put up ads on my site to support the hosting fees? Or paid to click or paid to post or other making money online methods?
Does that count as automatic?

(Sorry for the bombardment of the questions...)
Thanks...

To answer the question about them holding funds, not that I've seen. I've had money pass through my account for the past 4 or so years and have never even been asked to upgrade.

About Kontera... By donations I meant literally donations, like where you put up a link on your site that says "Donate here!" and it sets up recurring billing. You can accept normal donations (where they input the amount sent every time they donate), just not recurring (where it automatically charges them monthly).

Kontera is just a normal payment, so you don't need to upgrade.

How can you believe that you gonna get money from internet. You are waisting your time, believe me. Who fool to pay you just for clicking some thing? I don't believe in that stupidity. Do what you wanna do but i told ya, you are waisting your time!

Well, maybe not getting paid to click, but I know you can earn quite a lot and get money from the internet. I have a friend getting paid $100USD dollars making flash games, and selling them to certain companies, and I was thinking of selling some of my visual graphical work online too, and getting paid for that.

And yes, that friend that I have just mentioned also told me that getting paid to click is a time-consuming and time-wasting task, so I have no intention of going there... not for the moment anyway. I initially wanted to create a Paypal account just to earn revenue from ads from Kontera and ads that I will put up on my site to earn hosting.

To answer the question about them holding funds, not that I've seen. I've had money pass through my account for the past 4 or so years and have never even been asked to upgrade.
About Kontera... By donations I meant literally donations, like where you put up a link on your site that says "Donate here!" and it sets up recurring billing. You can accept normal donations (where they input the amount sent every time they donate), just not recurring (where it automatically charges them monthly).

Kontera is just a normal payment, so you don't need to upgrade.

Ah... OK. Thanks for the help. I understand now.

And if you have been using PayPal for more than 4 years, I guess it's not a problem then.

By the way, just another of my many questions (please bear with them)...
I am assuming that you have a Kontera account seeing you know so much about how it functions and works...

I want to sign up for Kontera, except it said Site URL at the sign up place, and so I don't really understand what to put in there. Just the Xisto forums, the Xisto main site itself, or your own site? Also, will I get spam by giving my email?

How do I receive payment? (Through Paypal, I know... but when?) Once a month? Once a day? How does it work?
For the Colour link text thing... Do I just put it in my signature? And what does "your own ad is displayed 1%" mean?

This is very confusing. I've been to both threads on the Kontera's revenue sharing, the Kontera site itself and read everything, including the Terms of Service and all that, and I still don't know how it works! Please help!

Personal accounts can not receive credit card/automatic donations. Only transfers from people's banks or their Paypal balances.

That's not true - I have a personal account and it can receive 5 (or 6 but not more) credit card payments per year. Anyway, credit card payments are useful only in ebay, etc. Any money earned from sites will come directly from a paypal account and not a credit card.

And you can't downgrade once you've upgraded the account.

This is also isn't true ;) I was in the same situation as Nameless_ was and created a premier account at first but then I requested that my account be degraded and it was promptly degraded soon. Just write to them and they will respond soon.

@ rpgsearcherz - I'm not sure whether the rules you pointed out are for all countries. Paypal has certain rules for certain countries. For example, a US paypal account can't send any money without being verified, but my account (Indian) can send a maximum of $500 without being verified, and that's the way I'm using it right now, because I don't have a credit card yet. So I think the rules you mentioned apply in your country.

@Nameless - I suggest that you contact the paypal support team regarding your doubts, because they may have different rules/guidelines for your country.

And personally I feel that a personal account is the best option you have right now, because you'll only be using it to receive funds for now, isn't it? And I strongly advice that you use your real email address with paypal, because you may have a problem while withdrawing money to your bank account (because the names have to match on both the paypal and the bank account) if the need arises.

98% of pay-per-click sites are fraud, but the 2% are legit! It's just difficult to sort out the real from the fake.

I suggest you to link your bank account to paypal so that your account will be verified. they'll even ask you about credit card and your account will be completely verified. At start you don;t need to register to business account. once your account starts to generate more than 10-15 transactions then i guess it's time to upgrade account. again, i'm not sure at this but you can take advice of others as well on when to switch for business account.

That's not true - I have a personal account and it can receive 5 (or 6 but not more) credit card payments per year. Anyway, credit card payments are useful only in ebay, etc. Any money earned from sites will come directly from a paypal account and not a credit card.

This is also isn't true ;) I was in the same situation as Nameless_ was and created a premier account at first but then I requested that my account be degraded and it was promptly degraded soon. Just write to them and they will respond soon.

@ rpgsearcherz - I'm not sure whether the rules you pointed out are for all countries. Paypal has certain rules for certain countries. For example, a US paypal account can't send any money without being verified, but my account (Indian) can send a maximum of $500 without being verified, and that's the way I'm using it right now, because I don't have a credit card yet. So I think the rules you mentioned apply in your country.

@Nameless - I suggest that you contact the paypal support team regarding your doubts, because they may have different rules/guidelines for your country.

And personally I feel that a personal account is the best option you have right now, because you'll only be using it to receive funds for now, isn't it? And I strongly advice that you use your real email address with paypal, because you may have a problem while withdrawing money to your bank account (because the names have to match on both the paypal and the bank account) if the need arises.

98% of pay-per-click sites are fraud, but the 2% are legit! It's just difficult to sort out the real from the fake.

I didn't know different countries had different rules, so I was making all of my comments based on the US.

As for credit card payments for me, I've had many sent to me and I always had to deny them because the only choice was to upgrade to receive them. And I had never accepted one before, so I guess that's another country-dependent rule.

Ah... OK thanks for the help...

But no one answered my Kontera question:

"I want to sign up for Kontera, except it said Site URL at the sign up place, and so I don't really understand what to put in there. Just the Xisto forums, the Xisto main site itself, or your own site? Also, will I get spam by giving my email?

How do I receive payment? (Through Paypal, I know... but when?) Once a month? Once a day? How does it work?

For the Colour link text thing... Do I just put it in my signature? And what does "your own ad is displayed 1%" mean?"

I won't be linking it to my bank account, so I won't need to give in my real details, mainly because I don't have one, and my parents will also definitely not give them to me.

I'm just using it to receive funds for my hosting, that is:

1) From Kontera, once I know how it works and everything, and whether there is spam or not, and all the other details that I need to know about.

2) From ads that will be put on my site, if they can just give my the payment through Paypal without needing me to upgrade

3) From cash making sites that are LEGITIMATE, if I find one that gives me more money than posting at Xisto and uses less time to do so.

The funds that I will be receiving will (I assume) be coming on a periodical basis, so hopefully Paypal won't "make" me upgrade my account or anything.

And please tell me Xisto accepts the Paypal method of payment...

Let me try to answer your questions related to kontera.

"I want to sign up for Kontera, except it said Site URL at the sign up place, and so I don't really understand what to put in there. Just the Xisto forums, the Xisto main site itself, or your own site? Also, will I get spam by giving my email?

For kontera registrations, you've to give your own sites details. and no spam on your email. Kontera people rarely send email. and only if you allowed them to send program updates.

Kontera allows check and papal payments. you've to check in their payment settings page. and payment is i guess net15(that means if your account reaches 100$ then if it is within 15th of month then it's sent). or net30(after reaching 100$ in respective month, processed within 30 days period of respective month).

For the Colour link text thing... Do I just put it in my signature? And what does "your own ad is displayed 1%" mean?"

i didn't get your this question. color link here means Kontera is text-link based ad service. so choosing a color will let you highlight external URL links.

please rephrase your signature and ad percentage question.

Ah... thanks for trying to reply. ;)Darn... I don't have my site yet, so I can't join.And that means that unless I get traffic and people clicking on the my site ads, I won't earn anything near $100.The colour link thing was in the original post of introducing Kontera to Xisto members. I don't really know what it means or anything...What I thought was that you didn't have to get your own site to use Kontera. The thing was, it said on the introductory Kontera thread that as long as you post on the forums on a lot and on a huge variety of subjects, you can earn money when someone clicks on YOUR Kontera ad. So I'm thinking that as long as I post a lot and put what Kontera gives me (the ad) onto my signature (currently the man in the purple clothes under my post) I will earn money!!!I really don't understand now. So, what you mean is that Kontera will put those hyperlink things on my site, where if a visitor clicks on it an ad will appear or something? Then how does that relate to posting on the forums and all that?<<<???>>>

Ok, let me guide you if you're interested in kontera program. First, if you've google account i.e gmail etc. then you can go to blogger and start a blog. with any name and topic of your choice. write atleast 5-10 posts with worthy content.and i mean worthy cause it'll help you get more traffic over there. so please avoid plagiarism and write original content of atleast 200-400 words. i guess you can do that without any trouble. now that you've blog and content of almost 5-10 pages. you're qualified for kontera cause you've a site. now once you sign up you can use the same code here in this Xisto's revenue sharing program. you just have to copy the publisher id and post it in the revenue sharing settings of Xisto account. Now let's talk about clicks. see when you post here on Xisto. the revenue sharing mod randomly chooses members publisher ID and displays link based ads on the pages. these pages are only visible to the visitors or guests. we registered users are free from those ads. be it any like google or kontera. so if you're writing any post right now,your ID will likely to be in queue for the revenue sharing mods stack. now when any guest clicks on the link then you get paid. now the amount from link based ads is not that high. it is approximately, 0.005-0.2 or 0.5 so there isn;t any much to earn. though why refrain from this cash as well ? some regular members have their cash count upto 19-20$ s far. so it's worth it. You can follow the steps mentioned by me earlier. and sign up for kontera and start earning.

Yay! Thanks so much for explaining everything to me... I'll go and start a blog right away... :)It's pretty sad we don't get much from it though, but still... better than nothing... :(I'll have to keep in mind to tell my site members to click on the ads when my site is up to support hosting on my site though, I'm sure they'll help, as more likely than not, I know them and by explaining things to them they'll understand and help.So that means that not only you can earn money from people clicking on your site, you can also earn money that Xisto earns as revenue... wow, double (or not so double) cash!!! Hmm... thanks.And the money that I earn at with Xisto's revenue goes directly to the Xisto's Support and Billing Client Centre? What about the money that I earn from my site when people click there and not here? Also, is it possible to have more than one account (as I have more than one gmail account), and might start some blogs at wordpress just for this?Thanks for the huge clarification though... great job!!! :) :) :)

I'll have to keep in mind to tell my site members to click on the ads when my site is up to support hosting on my site though, I'm sure they'll help, as more likely than not, I know them and by explaining things to them they'll understand and help.

Please never ever do that. this is the sure way to get yourself removed from their agreement. they'll find you doing this cheating. so never click on your own ads as well as never ask your users to click on ads. that's like cheating your sponsors, and they'll not advertise on your site. so my suggestion is write good content and drive traffic to your site. they'll come to you and will click on your ad without telling them explicitly to do so.

So, keep in mind that never ask any members to click on your ad. most of the ad network will ban you if do that. and there is no going back in such networks :-|

And the money that I earn at with Xisto's revenue goes directly to the Xisto's Support and Billing Client Centre?

You'll get cash in your paypal account, from there you can pay to xisto billing support. so it is indirect way of paying to xisto. directly you can't transfer those money to xisto wallet.

What about the money that I earn from my site when people click there and not here?

money that you earn from Kontera or any other ad network on your blog or here, is totally yours and nobody is taking commision from you. instead your publisher code is running here in timeslot. so on rotation basis people are earning money from kontera/Xisto revenue sharing mod. i hope you understand this, i know a bit of complicated.

Also, is it possible to have more than one account (as I have more than one gmail account), and might start some blogs at wordpress just for this?

Officiallly wordpress.com doesn't allow you to host ads on your blog. you can install wordpress on your domain and then post ads on that blog. but on wordpress.com hosted blogs it is not possible. but on Google's blogger you can create more than 1, infact there are people running 5-6 blogs on blogger and that allows sticking ad scripts on blogger as well. so win-win situation in you're using blogger.