xisto Community
puneye

Which Religion Is The First ? What you now provide some proofs

The first Religion  

2 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There are many religions in the world. But I don't know any idea which comes first. I know some people says Hindu is first because lots of origin comes from Hindu. Even in Christian there are many words that come from Sanskrit ( I am not sure). If you have some proofs about which comes first they try to reply. But I don't think a religion is universal in old days. As growth of population, many person has many views (Each person has each view) so they try to make different than previous one and many religion come to exist. Later on they also divided and becomes lots of religion. We all read history of Buddha, who is simple person like us but he delegate knowledge towards peace then he became as a god for Buddhist. There are many books that describes buddhism lies inside Hindu. And Osho became a religion nowadays. I must say basic spirit of all religion are same such as peace, help etc. Why it becomes just opposite in many cases between Hindu and Muslim. They are completely inverse to each other in the sense of function.

Animism was the first religion and all others are/were based off it. It has the cores from every religion built in but was made long before the others were.If you mean "modern" religions, I'm unsure.

I strongly feel that such a topic must not be started here in Xisto and im just waiting for some moderator or someone to give a Notice. I as a Christian say that .. Christianity is NOT A RELIGION .. Its beyond that , Please take Christian from the Poll. God Never asked us to create religion or denominations. Its man who created it . People who are called by His [ Christ ] name are Christians, and i say Christianity is Not a religion, its we are called by His name, thats it. Christianity is a Relationship between the individual and the Lord God Almighty. So such a relationship cannot be restricted to a religion. Since some one is born in a Christian family he/ she is not gonna be a Christian. There is nothing like Born Christian. Its "Born again" Christian. When every one is Born they are born as a Sinner, it is the relationship with God that makes him a Christian. Many often I fail in this relationship because of my infirmities. But it is His Unfailing Love that Binds the relationship back. So removee off this Topic, Dont limit Christianity to a religion, Its a Relationship with the Lord God Almighty.

I don't understand your reasoning behind that. But I'm 99% sure Judaism was the first modern religion. Was before Christianity (Jesus was a Jew), and Islam. Of course some Islamic prophets came way back (Noah, Abraham), but a far a I know they religion came much later.

Hinduism came first out of the big modern organized religions,followed by Judaism according to the facts that we're given by the so called experts. Christianity is relatively young religion. Other than that, I don't think any of them can compare to the ancient religions when it comes to age. Religion has probably been around for as long as man in some primitive form. Simply worshipping an animal or object, or believing spirits are in inanimate objects for example. There have been very many religions in our history. I don't know about anyone else, but it's hard for me to take in the whole the concept of human beings around for as long as they have. I know they have, but it's sure hard for me to imagine people living that far in the past, but Religion has been around a long time, an unfathomably long time, certainly much longer than any of the modern religions.

On the topic of ancient religions, the polytheistic religions in Mesopotamia and in Rome and Greece are quite old. They came to be to explain natural events such as a storm or a draught, and the people believed that the Gods were mad at them. Of course we now know why they happen (or we are quite sure we know why they happen), but the ancient politheistic religions seem to have started to get people believing in a God-like power or powers.

just because you aren't religious and believe in any one religion doesn't mean he should take christianity down. what the heck though. i vote with you. i say take down ALL the religions because i don't believe in any one of those as a whole!

TAKE IT DOWN!!! TAKE IT DOWN!!! TAKE IT DOWN!!!

the sinner has spoken...

I strongly feel that such a topic must not be started here in Xisto and im just waiting for some moderator or someone to give a Notice. I as a Christian say that .. Christianity is NOT A RELIGION .. Its beyond that , Please take Christian from the Poll. God Never asked us to create religion or denominations. Its man who created it . People who are called by His [ Christ ] name are Christians, and i say Christianity is Not a religion, its we are called by His name, thats it. Christianity is a Relationship between the individual and the Lord God Almighty. So such a relationship cannot be restricted to a religion. Since some one is born in a Christian family he/ she is not gonna be a Christian. There is nothing like Born Christian. Its "Born again" Christian. When every one is Born they are born as a Sinner, it is the relationship with God that makes him a Christian. Many often I fail in this relationship because of my infirmities. But it is His Unfailing Love that Binds the relationship back. So removee off this Topic, Dont limit Christianity to a religion, Its a Relationship with the Lord God Almighty.

On the topic of ancient religions, the polytheistic religions in Mesopotamia and in Rome and Greece are quite old. They came to be to explain natural events such as a storm or a draught, and the people believed that the Gods were mad at them. Of course we now know why they happen (or we are quite sure we know why they happen), but the ancient politheistic religions seem to have started to get people believing in a God-like power or powers.

I sometime wonder if organized religion was sort of nurtured because it benefited the people in charge of civilizations. I'm sure it originated out of fear and lack of explanations, but religion was a powerful tool in convincing people to do what you want and to prevent people from doing what you don't want. The Pharaoh's of Egypt were divine for example which gave them extreme power and quite a bit of protection against being assassinated by most people of the time. Even other times people were still using religion to encourage people to do things. Val Halla of Norse mythology? Brave military heroes get sent to "Heaven" after death, which is supposedly much better than life? A very convenient little belief there for men in charge of an army to remind the troops. What about when people sent priests into battle to encourage troops? Who wouldn't have a huge morale boost with an almighty God on their side? It's not like many people had the options to educate themselves into the ways of the world so they most likely would believe what everyone else believed just as many do today. People are born, raised in a family with strong religious beliefs, and usually don't stray too far from that despite all of the many intriguing modern religions or even atheism. Religion can inspire an entire civilization to be peaceful, likewise, it can incite a devastating warlike attitude depending on how it's used.

Another thing I wonder about is, the relationship between religion and interesting stories. Religions always have nice stories to go along with what they're preaching about, written by very talented authors of the ancient world. The "mythologies" or past religions of different civilizations are truly interesting regardless of the era they were written which probably helps their longevity. Most people know a little bit about Egyptian and Roman deities, why? Because they're cool to read about! The fact that they are interesting stories was no doubt very alluring to people. I doubt they had many great novels around considering there weren't any printing presses..

So religion has been around a long time, probably as soon as man felt fear, as early as man started questioning what the heck was going on, and became even more popular (organized religion) when people started making religions more elaborate with the stories and priests and temples etc. It was wise men who learned to harness the power of belief which is one of the most powerful things in the world (not just religion related belief)

I'm not implying all of religion was just to manipulate people, there is some good advice in religious texts of all religions, when I sift through the stuff I don't believe in (the highly fantastical stuff) I learn some good lessons in multiple religious books. I just think that a lot of religion was used and written to manipulate people.

Have I gone off track? Maybe, but still.. just discussing my thoughts on how religion came to be in the ancient world (Way before Hinduism!)

Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world (James 1:27)

i really hate it when 1 person can take away from other peoples faiths and religions to suit their own selfish needs. just because he doesn't consider christianity a religion doesn't mean other people don't. his beliefs are personal and he is trying to impose his personal beliefs on others.

what a typical born again.

this sinner has spoken!

I missed this post previously as I didn't follow along with the topic, but... He does have some truth.

The Bible does not talk about creating religions/denominations, nor does it speak about going to Church. Ask your pastor or whoever about that and even they can confirm it.

What God (through Jesus) does say, however, is that you should praise him, along with other people if you deem it necessary (meaning you are not forced to, it is like saying "Well you can have your birthday with family, or alone. Either one is fine").

But about being born a sinner, I completely disagree. What about people who die during their birth? You are making the assumption that they automatically go to Hell.

Through many religious people the common consensus I've come up with is that "When you are born you are not a sinner, because you do not know otherwise. Until you learn about God and his powers, you are not held accountable for the ignorance of it. Because, afterall, how can you possibly be on God's side if you have never even heard of him?" (I paraphrased that, and it is meant more or less for people in areas where there is no religion spoken of at all.)

Because otherwise, anyone who has never heard of God would automatically be damned. Would that not be against what God wants? He wants everyone to have the knowledge of his presence and to follow him. I'm sure he would not do things to purposely damn people.

Just keep in mind this is a compilation of my opinions and others'. At the end of the day, none of us know the truth. Only God does.

And on that note, I'm dropping out of this conversation now.

First of all, everyone has a right to post a topic in trap 17 so long as it is not vulgar in any way. Religion is a great topic to post because, me for one, like to see the opinions of others on this topic.I am a Born Again (Christian) for 32 years now. This does not make me a know it all and I will never claim I know it all. There are things I will never understand till I see my Jesus face to face.Now, it is true that Christianity is not a Religion. It is a Relationship that we have with God. God does not care what Religion we are, he cares about our Relationship with him. In John 3:3 Jesus says "You must be born again" so I go as a Born Again believer. Yes I do call myself a Christian, but the true term is Born Again. The scripture continues to explain to Nicodemus that it is not a physical re-birth, but a spiritual re-birth. this only means that you were walking one way (in your sin) and then somewhere you see your need for God in your life and you give your life to him, confessing your sin to him and asking him to forgive you and then you make a complete turn around and start walking a new life in christ. No, this does not mean you are perfect and no longer a sinner, but you are forgiven and God is there to help you along the way when you call out to him. This also does not mean you can just purposely sin and figure if you ask him to forgive you (and he will) that you can continue to sin. There has to be a change to be truly Born Again.Also, one person said that Sinse someone is born into a Christian family, he or she is not going to be a christian. If the parents raise that child to believe in christ then I would pray that, that child will grow up and be a christian or proper term (Born Again). Yes, that child will have to come to the accountability when they reach a certain age and understand what they are doing to follow christ for themselves, but if you did your job as a parent they will. Now, they might stray and experiment a little or sometimes alot, but God says "Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old, he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6.As far as asking for this topic to be removed, I dont think that is right. Everyone has the right to view their opinions even if you feel they are wrong. God will have the last word. We, as Born Again believers should count this as a way of sharing God's word with others. My Beliefs are from the word of God and Jesus was a Jew so, the true Religion was Judism, but they rejected Jesus and to those who rejected him he gave his salvation to the Gentile (everyone else who would believe in him).Just a little note to Anwii sinse I saw your post on this subject Here's to youDON'T TAKE IT DOWN!!! DON'T TAKE IT DOWN!!! DON'T TAKE IT DOWN!!! ;) In His Love,D. Benitez