xisto Community
The Simpleton

Can I Change My Xisto Account's Email Address?

I was wondering if it is possible to change my xisto account's email address so that my balance is linked to that email id instead of my old one. The problem is that I've been receiving a lot of junk mail on my current account (not from xisto; from outside) and I plan to abandon that id and shift to gmail. But my xisto account is holding me down because all important emails are sent to that id only.So is it possible to change the email id without any interruption or damage to my current domains? Please help me with this query.

I would recommend sending a ticket to Xisto - Support to check and make sure that it goes smoothly. You can change your email address, but I think they might have to change the one in your billing account - I can't quite remember. No harm in asking anyway.

I think it should be possible, send in a request or something.Good think I created a new email from Gmail just for making websites though... my emails full of spam too.

well I took a giant leap and changed the address and if everything went off well, I should receive $1 in my account within the next 3-4 hours. If not, there's always the option of sending in a support ticket! I just hope if something goes wrong the myCENTs wont disappear anywhere.

Yeah... maybe you should use it all up first, but that'll take ages and you'll be back at near zero dollars, which won't be good if you go offline for ages in an emergency or a planned vacation.

well I successfully screwed up my account :) I guess only the support team has the power to change the address on my billing account. I was able to log in to xisto with my new email id and I sent a support ticket but I knew that the change didn't work, because I got an email to my old id confirming that my ticket had been submitted!! It's night now so the support team won't be answering me any soon; I just have to wait till tomorrow and till then my counter will still be"READY"!

Yes you can change it.Just make sure you change it on your Xisto forum account aswell.

-Sky-

Does this mean the accounts have to remain "locked" together? I thought the requirement for both the forums and Xisto accounts being the same was just for the linking in the beginning...

you didn't screw up your account. xisto need to allow users to change their email addresses more efficiently. do a support ticket and give them your Xisto email address and let THEM change your xisto email address and the address directly linked to your trap account. i am sure you did everything right in making your email address the same, but there is a hidden factor that they nee to change their own selves. don't worry though. your account is safe. just write a support ticket. i had the same problem and it took them about 2 weeks to fix after first notifying them of the problem.

well I successfully screwed up my account :) I guess only the support team has the power to change the address on my billing account. I was able to log in to xisto with my new email id and I sent a support ticket but I knew that the change didn't work, because I got an email to my old id confirming that my ticket had been submitted!! It's night now so the support team won't be answering me any soon; I just have to wait till tomorrow and till then my counter will still be"READY"!

yea u can but if u change its email idthen u have to change both the ids in Xisto as well as xisto and one more thing the Mycents will pile up in ur Xisto acccoz the initial email id in xisto is permanent u cant change that

The support ticket did the trick! The amount was credited to my new address safely. I must admit that it was a pretty quick process!

i had the same problem and it took them about 2 weeks to fix after first notifying them of the problem.

I think the maximum time it took for me to get a problem solved was three days. The support staff are really very quick these days! Well, let this be a lesson to anyone seeking to change their address - open a support ticket straight away without tinkering on your own! :)

I think it's just harder because you use your email account to sign in, and your email account acts like an username, so while changing the password is easy, changing the username is harder because that means you will have to use a different mean to go into your account.Anwiii is right though, they should have an more effective system in changing emails. Changing emails is a common thing, and they should set the system up so that it applies to what everyone in their target customers are doing (not that everyone is changing their emails, but you get what I mean).Someone should send in a complaint or a commentation form on this problem.

We are allowed to change our email id/username at anytime, but doing so without informing the support staff is useless, because only they can truly "change" the username and link to the new account. I think it should be made clear that it is necessary to inform the support team before changing the email id on your own. A much more efficient system........I don' t think there is one or there is a real need for one.