xisto Community
FruitRocks

Best Free Website Builder

What is a good free website builder? I need one with uploading capabilities, importing mp3/mp4 files easily (hide them in the background), and making themes easily. Also, what is a good forum builder (free) besides vBulletin?

do you mean a cms or vice versa? if yes then try wordpress.

What is a good free website builder? I need one with uploading capabilities, importing mp3/mp4 files easily (hide them in the background), and making themes easily. Also, what is a good forum builder (free) besides vBulletin?

I'm not sure if any website builder allows hiding mp3 or media files. but there are some website builders that has capability to create or modify skins. and also integrating with forum softwares. Most of these are commercial scripts and price is moderate if you're willing to spend money.You can try Monsterhosts's free website builder if you want simple page building and uploading it to server. Other than that if you're using Cpanel then there is a website builder with templates(As far as i know i've seen this in description of fantastico). you can check that out. Also check xisto's site Xisto - Domains, where you can purchase commercial website builder. they've attractive plans for that as well. and you can use mycents to purchase that package i think. for more information you can ask about this in customer support so that you can pay for it from Xisto - Support mycents.Another option is to use: CMS. Wordpress/Joomla is good option. ask on their support forums that how can you hide/restrict media files like mp3 etc. chances are there that some folks found out way out of it. as there are plenty of member restricted sites created using wordpress/joomla. that could be option for you.

For forums you have a few choices depending on how complex you want it to be, what features you need, etc. Check out the following for a few I've used and recommend: phpBB, AEF, punBB.

As for a website "builder", are you looking for a CMS (something that you create and edit pages in online) or a piece of software you run on your machine that generates the code for you (like Dreamweaver or FrontPage)? If you want a piece of software, take a look at this list of free alternatives to FrontPage and Dreamweaver. If you want a CMS (content management system) then take a look at Drupal, Joomla, Wordpress and PHPNuke.

Also check out this list of free CMS applications and this one of free forum applications if none of the ones I've mentioned take your fancy.

i think he's talking about embedding mp3 in the background and not put an mp3 opr mp4 as a link.

I'm not sure if any website builder allows hiding mp3 or media files. but there are some website builders that has capability to create or modify skins. and also integrating with forum softwares. Most of these are commercial scripts and price is moderate if you're willing to spend money.

Well when I used to be into Website building I used to use a program called "Blue Voda" I think it is still a popular website builder today. Not only is it Free but it is very easy to use and makes your website/project look professional at the end of it. I would recommend using this program for whatever your going to be doing. However if you want a step up I would get DreamWeaver CS4 However you do have to pay for this unless you download this illegally! -Ash.

I think YaBB is also a forums host that you might want to get... I don't know whether it is free though, but many sites that I know use it.

I would use phpBB for forums and for a website... I think there's even a free "website builder" in the installer (inside Cpanel) - Fantastico or whatever it's called. I'm too lazy to look right now but I'm fairly certain I found something there for it.Aside from that, if you are planning on doing a real nice website I would suggest using something like Dreamweaver. It will cost money but it can do anything you want and more.

Website BuilderBest Free Website Builder

Hi,

I like EzWeb123.Com, which I've found will do what you want.

Peter

-reply by Peter

No, it's not really "FREE" as none of these sites are (BlueVoda, Cabanova, AngelFire, Webs). These all require you to purchase a web hosting package from them in order to use their tools if you don't want random ads placed on your published site.  If you like your current hosting company (for example, Network Solutions, Register.Com, GoDaddy.Com, etc.) you can't use these tools.

What's even more of a concern is that like most of these tools, they create proprietary websites that can't be transferred to other hosting companies, nor can the even be saved as raw files (via FTP for example) so you can back up your site in case the company goes out of business or has service problems that prompt you to change hosting companies!

What is the best web site bulider? I want to make a website but i dont know what is the best web site bulider. Can you help me? :PWhat is the best web site bulider? I want to make a website but i dont know what is the best web site bulider. Can you help me? :P

Web site builders can't make your website directly.You need to choose template or create new empty one.Then you can save your template.Second step is to find hosting solution.Then you need FTP support from your hosting.Third step is to connect and upload files using FTP or online File manager.Then you can buy domain.That is very short tutorial which explains how to make website.Most popular and i think the best web site builder is Adobe Dreamweaver.You can code your website and your design can be very good.Just search on google for Adobe Dreamweaver tutorials and you will learn how to make good websites.

hello everyone i want to start with a some of famous languages...I had used a opensource to build a website.And that is easyer than ever i really think that the best programing laguages for building a websites is java script and also i have the same oppinion for the php.I havent use this programing languages to build a website, but a know something of this languages! :P So if someone had found or have a ebook witch contains a information witch will be usefull and halp me to learn more about this languages please send me a private message or post the link where i could find :P:)