xisto Community
serendib

Einstein's Quiz Quiz written by Albert Einstein

well it is a trick question due to fact that fish is never mentioned in the first place regardless who would have been the last person to have the fish.But the fact that it is Albert Einstein's mind we are talking about, would you thinking people like Stephen Hawking would have figured it out, i know his IQ is like 212 or something like that, but i odn't know if his IQ is higher then Albert Einstein. I think the standard IQ test is like 6-8 hours long or something like that, which i wouldn't mind taken mind you i would have to study like 100 years worth of subjects in like all areas or something like that.but i think that 98% would still stand lack of the internet being the source of all information of the world.but the next question would be how about the list of the greatest thinkers of the roman era, would they have had figured it out if they where giving that question back in their day.

Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

I'm trying to figure it out... but it is quite hard for me to think in spanglish anyways...mmm... the NORWEGIAN does?....dunno... this is my try...

no one owns the fish, the fish is never mentioned in hints, thats why albert said 98% of the population would never get, due to the missing clue.

Heh... I did this quiz in my computer math class last year. The teacher gave it out to us. I was one of the two people that solved it. Mind you, most people didn't bother with it, so I'm sure more people could have gotten the answer if they tried. I really didn't think it was that hard... just time consuming. But then again, I grew up solving logic problems for fun. So, who knows.

I really looked at it in the fun side and pretended that the person who ends up with an unknown pet would eventually be the owner of the fish. As soon as I finished reading the problem, I thought it would be those stupid problems were the answer ends up being nothing, and after a few tries I thought it was an unsolvable problem and I was about to quit. I just kept trying and about half hour later I solved it and read the stupid conclusion about no one mentioning the fish (just as I predicted), but in the end I had the problem right and the best part is that I had fun with it.

I remember my teacher giving my class that question in elementary (I think it was grade 3) and told us to use tables and some of the class was able to get it correct. It's a very easy question if you use a table properly, in elementary I had to do alot of guess work to answer that question but now I can do it without guessing if I think it through first, although I still need to write stuff down. I don't think just getting the answer is impressive, it would be impressive if someone could answer this problem in their head alone.

i can solve easily

Enistein's Quiz

The question is so easy, I take 15 minutes to solve it..All my friends so shocked I can solve this problem.. The answer is German, Green, Prince, Coffee, Fish

-reply by rahiman

As far as I know, there is no solid evidence which supports the fact that Einstein really invented this logic puzzle. And the statement of "only 2%..." is very funny. How such a precise figure can be calculated by anybody (even Einstein himself) without doing serious statistic modelling?

I think this is a typical example of something with an uncertain origin that has been attributed to a well-known personality, just for making it more appealing. This also illustrates the fact that people seldom check how reliable their sources are.

Just take a look at this article in the Wikipedia: Zebra Puzzle and see it by yourself.

Best regards,

-L.

Below is a quiz written by Albert Einstein. He said 98% ofthe people in the world cannot solve the quiz. Are you among the 2%?

FACTS:
1. There are 5 houses (in a row) in 5 different colours.
2. In each house lives a person with a different nationality.
3. These 5 owners drink a certain beverage, smoke a certain brand of
cigar and keep a certain pet.
4. No owners have the same pet, smoke the same brand of cigar, or
drink the same drink.

HINTS:
1. The Brit lives in a red house.
2. The Swede keeps dogs as pets.
3. The Dane drinks tea.
4. The green house is on the immediate left of the white house.
5. The green house owner drinks coffee.
6. The person who smokes Pall Mall cigars rears birds.
7. The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill cigars.
8. The man living in the house right in the center drinks milk.
9. The Norwegian lives in the first house.
10. The man who smokes Blend cigars lives next to the cat owner.
11. The man who keeps horses lives next to the man who smokes Dunhill.
12. The man who smokes Blue Master cigars drinks beer.
13. The German smokes Prince cigars.
14. The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.
15. The man who smokes Blend cigars has a neighbor who drinks water.

The QUESTION IS .... who has a fish as a pet? :lol:

This quiz is so easy. I just red all the way to the german and i knew it was the german. I am 100% sure that the answer to this quz is the german because the germans rear the fish.

Late to see by me but i am happy that i did, i did it and it is very interesting, thanks a lot for this quiz.

i have complete

Einstein's Quiz

Well at first it was also difficult for me to do... But I have done it in 12min 17sec. I think I a genius.

-reply by Amit Bajracharya

1, Norweigan, Yellow, Dunhill, Water, Cat2, Dane, Blue, Blend, Tea, Horses3, Brit, Red, Pall Malls, Milk, Birds4, German, Green, Prince, Coffee, Fish5, Swede,White, Blue Master, Beer, Dogs I am quite sure of it but I'm only 13 so -reply by sophie