xisto Community
serendib

Einstein's Quiz Quiz written by Albert Einstein

I've seen the quiz 2 years ago in a magazine and I had difficulties even begging the quiz - which was weird for me because I was really good with solving puzzles like those at the time (I've weakened by the time which has passed) - and I was so impatient in solving it that I almost twitched the paper and I'm really tidy when it comes with dealing with newspapers and magazines..

Anyway, I was trying to say that the solutions were in the last page of the same number and in the next number it turned out there was a mistake in the solution for which they were really sorry because I know that it musta pissed off someone getting the right solution and it not corresponding to the solution they offered! :P

So, it can confuse the hell out of smart people, and I don't know how can kids pose around and say that they got the quiz right without help and what's even more stupid — in fast time! :P

Everyone is wrong....Einstein's Quiz

Actually everyone is wrong... I do know the answer... Its much more complicated than doing a matrix...

TIP: the answer is in the facts...

-reply by Rafa

Einstein's Question was 'who has a fish as a pet'. This is more complicated than one usually thinks, coz it lured me to answer 'German owns the Fish'. But I'm a guy who looks out of the box always, delving to multi-dimensional aspects of any bottlenecks or challenging questions.

My answer to this...No Definite Answer. Not only the German can own a Fish.-reply by Juan Dela Cruz

We can not know who has the fish because the word fish was not used until the question. We can for sure say that we do not know the pet of German, we can only assume that he has the fish.

-reply by Giacomo

What you gave is a very classical and great quiz written by Albert Einstein,but i have seen it before in somewhere,a magazine or olympic math competetion...hehe,maybe...anyhow i will try to get the key,interesting much.let me see... Very interesting quiz!

The first clue should be that 98% of people apparently can't solve a simple little puzzle involving 15 facts (although I doubt there were any real statistics). Come on.. there are geniuses out there! It took a bit more than filling in an array of information and a bit of trial and error but the answer seemingly turns out to be the German who is lacking a pet. It's very unlogical to assume unknown pet is a fish so I think there can be no true answer and is more of a test of thinking and questioning the obvious instead of hastily assuming you're smarter than 98% of the world.

einsteinEinstein's QuizThe fact is that the norwegian lives in the first house and at the same time lives next to the blue house.How could this be?.The one who is first in a row cant be next to something.-reply by jhon

Where in the clues does it say anything about fish?

where in the facts does it say anything about fish?

Why would you assume that fish are automatically the last pet on the list? 

the real answer is that there isnt enough information to deduce who has the fish or not. Sure the german may very well have the last open spot for the last animal which could just as well be a rat or a goose. Yes it could be a fish, but it doesnt say that for sure that the last animal would be a fish. 

-reply by Astro

" + " means "definite"" /  " means  "or" --> don't have enough evidences to tell

1st house: Norwegian + Yellow + Cat +Dullhill +Water

2nd house : Dane + blue + horse + Blend + Tea 

3rd house : Swede/ German  + Green + Dog/ Bird + Pall malls / Prince + coffee

4th house : Swede/ German + White + Dog/Bird + Pall malls/Prince + milk

5th house : Britian + Red +Fish + Blue master + Beer

So then. The Britian, live in the last hous, drink beer & smoke blue master is raising a fish

-reply by Mr.Lord

It's depend on what do Einstein means by " right in the centre" --> it's the centre house/ or the house right to it.  then the answer will be the 4th house/ or the 5th house.

-reply by Mr.Lord

Ah ha!!! againEinstein's Quiz

I got, in less than a half an hour, that the German ,who lives in the green house, drinks coffee, and smokes prince cigars, is the owner of the fish! I have a genius level I.Q. You know.

-question by Person

This is a very perplexing and entertaining post.. lolI have seen this before also... and surprisingly, I have seen normally intelligent and logical people stumble over it, and get involved in lengthy arguments over it...Great topic. :P