xisto Community
TiGrE

Photoshop Or Corel Draw?

Photoshop or Corel Draw?  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Which is better?
Photoshop or Corel Draw?

For me the best is Photoshop, because it's so compact to use!

Vote on the poll.

I started a post like this some moths ago. In fact I thought you were replying to my post :angel:
Anyway, now I've been using Photoshop and Illustrator for some time and definitely they're way better. If you're a beginner, you'll find Corel easier, but for power users, professional users, the clear choice is Adobe's suite. The bad thing about it is the price tag :( but if you or your company can affort it, don't bother wasting time comparing. For some reason Adobe is what most pros use (more powerful and less buggy). Oh, yes! and the other bad thing is that they're not as friendly as Corel, but you can get a lot of tutorials from the web nowadays.

Best regards!

I haven't seen Corel Draw in years! I remember it being easy to use, but frustrating to use once I found out all of the wonderful things that Photoshop could do more easily.

Wow it's been a long time since I used Corel Draw. Photoshop is probably the thing to use, although I always liked using Paint Shop Pro since I learned on it. They're pretty similar, Photoshop is probably better though. There's another cool software called GIMP which isn't quite the power house that Photoshop is, but it has it's own nice little features... check it out some time it's free and a nice addition to a computer if you're a software junkie :(Edit: Looks like jhlaslip snuck GIMP in there before me. Sneaky! My post says 12:57 and yours is 12:58 but mines last! Hmm. Makes it look like I stole your suggestion :angel: Oh well..

Edited by rob86 (see edit history)

Have you considered running the GIMP software?Open Source, so price is not a consideration. Fully functional Graphics program with tons of developers and Tutorials available on the Web.

Corel Draw is more like an all-in-one solution for raster and vector while Photoshop solely handles all raster and have limited support on vector.Both is still professional choices but the only advantage on what Adobe have over Corel is their voice of marketing. I have seen design firms that uses both and you cant tell which finishing uses which application to accomplish.I cant vote since i prefer both.

Have you considered running the GIMP software?Open Source, so price is not a consideration. Fully functional Graphics program with tons of developers and Tutorials available on the Web.

Well i was running GIMP when i had Ubuntu and i can't say that i don't like it.
But i hate it because he don't has Undo option, but the other stuff are good.
Speaking of tutorials where i can find Photoshop tutorials? Can someone post some web site or something similar.

Greetings
Edited by TiGrE (see edit history)

Well i am using Photoshop. Corel Draw i didn't try it but as i saw some pictures it's difficult for me :( Photoshop is the best choice for me. About the GIMP, i think he is a copy from Photoshop, am i right?

But i hate it because he don't has Undo option

WHAT?! Gimp doesn't have undo option? where you heard that? it does, just press ctrl + z

Which is better?
Photoshop or Corel Draw?

For me the best is Photoshop, because it's so compact to use!

Vote on the poll.

yes correct, i do feel the same, photoshop is better when compared to all other editors.
its been my favourite since i started using it many years since now...

its having very very easy to learn-tools, methods are very easy and overall its user friendly.

yes correct, i do feel the same, photoshop is better when compared to all other editors.its been my favourite since i started using it many years since now...

its having very very easy to learn-tools, methods are very easy and overall its user friendly.

But for people who don't really know what they're doing, the learning curve on photo editing in general is kind of a b*tch.

?I only have Corel DRAW/Photo-Paint, so I can't compare the two programs on functionality, but I can say this. On Amazon, Adobe Photoshop CS4: ~$650. ?CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X4: ~$340. ?For programs with similar functionality, one is sure priced a whole lot higher than the other.

Ive just purchased CorelDraw X4, it has a lot of useful features that you would expect from professional vector software. On quick inspection i can tell i prefer Illustrator 10's interface (it just seems more logically structured). CorelDraw X4 contains a lot of extra fonts, graphics, etc which is really great. It comes bundled with CorelPhotoPaint X4 which is not bad, kinda reminds me of the same level of functionality as Paint Shop Pro. CorelDraw has a lot of options for printing (id guess more than recent versions of illustrator). I haven't delved into how good the vector pen tools are in CorelDraw, i'm not sure but illustrator seems to be better after a quick glance of CorelDraw. CorelDraw seems to be more accurate, but i've had some quirky behavior saving and reopening files. I'm not sure how exactly i should be saving it, but somehow saving in .SVG or .Ai files changes the DPI so ive found myself fiddling with document properties to get documents back to their right size. (Saving files doesn't seem as easy as it could be)I've found the internet lacking good tutorials for CorelDraw, obviously Illustrator is better for this. You don't see many examples on the net of detailed illustrations created in CorelDraw. CorelDraw's bitmap tracing is good. Its simple, quick and logical to use. Other than that i cant comment much on CorelDraw at this point i purchased it as it was going cheap on eBay but naturally id prefer illustrator.

they also have a special release that has the look and feel of photoshop to try and snag up that market. i tried gimp. i like it, but a little too complicated for my taste. photoshop is the way to go in my book....and then again, there are other good free programs out there. none that have all the features of gimp, but if you download 2-3 easy to use programs, you have the whole package right there. or again....photoshop. i grew up with it so i dunno if i'm just being sentimental.