xisto Community
TiGrE

Photoshop Or Corel Draw?

Photoshop or Corel Draw?  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Photoshop isn't my tool of choice when creating vector art, the reason being that although you can 'draw' the vector graphics in the form of layers with a fill or gradient and masking, Photoshop isn't really built to combine vector and raster.What I do use for pure-vector graphics is Adobe Illustrator and when I need to have a mix between vector and raster graphics, I use Adobe Fireworks. Adobe Fireworks can open Adobe Illustrator files as well so you can switch between Illustrator and Fireworks rather easily. Fireworks may not have the extensive graphics editing capabilities as Adobe Photoshop, but it gets the job done most of the time. I would say Photoshop is preferrable if you have a set of filters or you already have a license for Photoshop and resources for it.

Like others have pointed, the comparison is obviously between 2 different types of softwares but it is the question that shall be answered :) I prefer Photoshop over Corel Draw any day since the interface is much easier than Corel. Along with ease comes the obvious flexibility in colors, textures and effects Photoshop has as compared to Corel Draw but then again Corel is the best for making posters and so on... But I would recommend Photoshop for anything picture/graphics related over Corel Draw.