xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
FlameX

Simcard Hack

Heya Trapsters .. After a very long time i m posting a topic out here !! :( ..My best friend uses a cell phone. Her bill was out . as soon as she saw her bill she called me and told me that her simcard number was hacked and her bill was Rs 37,000($750) ... This is too much .When she asked the customer service for an itemized bill she saw that her calls were made to EUROPE . She has no connections in Europe and then how is it possible ?? Wat i think is that her sim card serial no would have been hacked . Thats the only was to enter into some1's card . This is my assumption . So lets come up with assumptions and how it would have been done !! .. :angel:

This is really a coincidence but just now I saw the movie "99" and that movie answers all your questions :(Anyway, according to the movie, all you need is the serial number of the sim card and then you can prepare a duplicate of it and use it as your own till the customer gets suspicious...you can even spy on the owner and record all their calls...so I suggest you better ask your friend to immediately get rid of that sim and get a new one (you can get a lifetime connection for as low an amount as Rs.35 /- nowadays!)Another suggestion would be to opt for a pre-paid connection so that even if such a thing happens, you will be immediately notified of it before there is any heavy loss

Hi!@kasperooneyA lifetime connection @ Rs.35/-?!?!? Which operator is it? Idea? Reliance? Does Tata still compete with Idea cellular, of which it owns a stake?I've always had a pre-paid connection because I don't have to go all the way to the telco branch to pay the bill. Some of the govt-run carriers have a tie-up with the banks, but the govt-run cell phone carriers aren't all that popular so you don't get the same-carrier discounts for calling/texting people you know.Regards,Nitin Reddy

There has been many problems like these, usually is the companys' fault they might of had mixed the acc. number with others, or this is just b/s, complain to the manager is a phone and let him see the recant calls there is a bay to track the phones calls if that is the problem they can replace the sim card. is better than paying 800 dollars wich is just b/s

heyaa .. @KasperRooney I still have to watch 99 man .. i m juzz done wid my engineering xams so i ll definitely watch it bro .. so Kasper ! how do u duplicate a sim card serial no.? n hw will u know come to know my serial no . ?? @ nitin Rs.35 is nothing .. few days back Reliance was selling its simcard for free of cost > evn Vodafone sim cards r cheap dude !! >

A lifetime connection @ Rs.35/-?!?!? Which operator is it? Idea? Reliance? Does Tata still compete with Idea cellular, of which it owns a stake?

Rs.35 is nothing .. few days back Reliance was selling its simcard for free of cost > evn Vodafone sim cards r cheap dude !! >

What I meant by "lifetime connection" was - the sim is free - almost all operators are offering this these days due to cut-throat competition. The Rs.35/- is for lifetime validity ("Lifetime" being the time till which the operator has a license). I don't remember exactly which operator offers lifetime for Rs.35/- might be Idea or Airtel or both. I got an Aircel lifetime for Rs.49/- the other day - the sim was free and the payment was for just the validity. Compare this with the amount one had to pay for lifetime validity in the old days: Rs.999/- :excl: An important thing to remember is that the operators have different offers in different states based on the user base. The more the number of users in a state, the cheaper their rates are...I hope you got the point :angel:

how do u duplicate a sim card serial no.? n hw will u know come to know my serial no . ??

Each sim has a unique IMSI number (International Mobile Subscriber Identity) with which it is recognised. If this number falls into the wrong hands, then it can be fed into any blank sim card so that it will start functioning like the original one! Now you can't expect me to give a detailed procedure of how it is done! :( Well for starters, I don't know myself, and there is no use of knowing the procedure in these days coz very few people use postpaid now-a-days so duplicating a sim won't be of much use :excl:

I don't know how much you guys know about Sim cloning but there is something called as a SIM's IMSI and there's another thing known as the KI. They CANNOT be captured off the air by just knowing your mobile number. To clone a SIM someone must physically copy the KI and IMSI from the SIM.So if you think that your number has been cloned, It must be someone with a Physical access to the SIM.Secondly , If you think that your SIM has been cloned, It can be easily checked because TWO sims with SAME IMSI would be registering on different locations . Mobile operators can easily check this. I hope this information helps you

@kuku : in most simcards i have seen you can not see these details not because they are secret but because simcard itself doesn't contain that information but such information are available in the network of you operator, some operators let you to see your details by dialing a special code (usually starts with number sign), some others let you to see your information only through their website, and some others only let you to see those information by requesting from them. so if you try to find information of someone else simcard then you should first have access to his/her phone and second know the way that operator tells the information of the owner.And in the case of topic starter i can easily guess what happened to her, just in some years ago there were some apps for java based phones which gave you the ability to use and dial your desired number from any phone that has its bluetooth function on and of course get into your trap by pairing his/her device with yours. most of these peoples which were trying to do free telephone calls were in public transport and as in those day using bluetooth was a new experience many peoples where trying to use it for finding some friends and doing some chats but most of them were not aware of those peoples which were doing illegal calls using their phones.Another thing that happened to myself too is the operator mistakes, i got a bill for my cell phone about 9 months ago which were telling me i have to pay 3200$ but as i insisted on operator to give me details of my calls the accepted that they have mistake about my bill, so when you saw a huge bill first go and get details of you made calls and see if the bill and the details match or not. now if you see any call which you haven't make in that period then you can go to your operator and tell them about and they will check to see if it is their mistake or not, if it is not a mistake by operator then you can give that details to police and they can easily find who have done that by finding the target number he/she called.Now i don't know which operator you use but some operators provide you some features from preventing such things to happen and one of them is extendable call limit, by activating this feature you can tell the operator to only give you a limited credit like 10$ and after it ends then you can again extend it (just as prepaid simcards but with the different that you pay the bill at the end of the month) so by doing this if someone clone you simcard you will find easily because as he talks with your sim and his credit ends you will get a message saying that your credit has been finished and as you are not using your phone you will easily fin out that some one else is doing that and so you can prevent from extending your credit until you change your sim.