xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kvarnerexpress

Songs To Play At Your Funeral

Funnily enough, this is a decision I've thought about a lot and one I'm gonna have to settle before I snuff. But hopefully I've got enough time, only being 17 and all that.Anyway, so far I've come to a shortlist of 3:1- Cease by Bad Religion, preferably the slow version as featured on their DVD "Live at the Palladium"to- Gone Away by The Offspring3- Still Alive, the ending credits song from the Valve game 'Portal' ... trust me its really moving.So, until I decide I'm either gonna have to sit down and figure it out over a glass of something strong, or ask a funeral director.Chow for nowMark-Mark Tolladay

Hmmm.. I Think I Would Want Something Sad At My Funeral.. Think It Would Be Wierd If It Just Broke Into Disco Music Or Sumthingg Lol.. Bette Mittler Wind Beneath My Wings Wud Probz Be Myn.. :) That Song Makes Me Cry xxxx-reply by Louisee *

my funeral music

Lynord skynards Free bird and shadow of the day by linkin park

-reply by darren budd

Hmmm... I'd have What a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong and one of either of Amazing Grace, Unchained Melody, Swing Low, Sweet Chariot or You'll Never Walk Alon

personally I would want something different, light yet not too light. I think bee gees would be way too light. maybe some old big band numbers, Glenn miller in the mood http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/, Les Brown's Leapfrog http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ ... I don't know something about big band does it for me as my 'final song' a big send off with a big band number.

and sorry about the link to the 2nd video. its the best one i could find.

Heavy Metal :)I especially love Nine Inch Nails, Metallica, Audioslave, Juno Reactor, Opeth, Arch Enemy, Carcass, Led Zeppelin, Queens Of The Stone Age, Rage Against The Machine, Steppenwolf, Tool, At The Gates, Hypocrisy, Smash Mouth, Propellerheads, Cassius, In Flames, Blind Guardian, Massive Attack, Anathema, Dire Straits, Nightwish, Linkin Park, Reel Big Fish, Lacuna Coil, Weezer, Run-DMC, Iron Maiden, The Chemical Brothers, The Dust Brothers, The Doors, The Dave Matthews Band, The Fray, The Frail (oh, no, that's a song, sorry), The Mamas And The Papas, The Inevitable Rise And Liberation Of NiggyTardust (no, wait, that's an album), The Pixies, The Reverend Horton Heat, The Servants and The Incredibly Strange Creatures That Stopped Living Who Became Mixed-Up Zombies (sorry again, that's a movie).As for my favorite artists: Trent Reznor, Paul Oakenfold, Moby, Weird Al Yankovic, Rob Dougan, David Bowie, Saul Williams and (my guilty pleasure) Lily Allen.

well I have even gone as far as to request this at mine1st Center field because I do love baseball and it is so upbeatthen I would like to have playedknocking on heavens door, as I am being lowered into the ground.

Well... Its a heavy subject... why would you care what they play at your funeral? You cant hear it anyways :) .. But, I'd pick a sad song, like Halleluja from Jeff Buckley. Its hard to decide what music should be played at a funeral.. Somethin sad, but it should say "It's okay. Everyone dies sooner or later"

what music would you play at your funeral

I would have natasha bedingfield chasing cars it such a beautiful song unless of course I got hit by a car and then it might be abit ironik

-reply by Georgia

Ok, so I am in my church choir and usually at funerals we sing three different songs that I absolutely love.PrayerDo not let your hearts be troubledFirst song of IsaiahPersonally I love these songs, and they are really comforting they sound great when the choir sings. This is just what I want played at my funeral.-reply by Nichole

Some good funeral hymns.Songs To Play At Your Funeral

Personally, I'd like to have Schubert's Ave Maria, Hosea, Shepherd Me O God, On Eagle's Wings, Be Not Afraid, Morning Has Broken and The Servant Song played at my funeral.  At the graveside I would like to have Amazing Grace played out on the Irish bagpipe.  There's some ideas.  And the funeral isn't really for you, its for the people left behind to comfort them in their time of sorrow.

Pax et Bonum

-reply by Roman Catholic

Funeral SongsSongs To Play At Your Funeral

As my husband and I are preparing our wills right now I came here for ideas, but as a suggestion, this is what we are doing...

Simple Man by Lynrd Skynrd for him

Rooster by Alice in Chains (his favorite song)

Lucky by Jason Mraz featuring Colbie Callait (sp?) if we go together

And now I am trying to find something upbeat for me. 

-reply by Nichole

my funeral music

Lynord skynards Free bird and shadow of the day by linkin park

-reply by darren budd

free bird is awesome, i like that song so much i might steal your idea :P

i dont know how will i go, and if i will have relatives or friends that would sob over my ashes but "blank page" by the smashing pumpkins would be a nice depressing soundtrack to mourn to, it was my favourite band when i lived with my parents.