xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kvarnerexpress

Songs To Play At Your Funeral

hrmm... interesting question... I think I'll go with some of my favorite songs from the rock'n'roll era: The Beatles, Buddy Holly, Ritchie Vallens etc. or I'll go with a ka-boom with punk, rock, grunge: Guns'n'Roses, The Sex Pistols, Nirvana; maybe balads on Macedonian or Serbian (quite popular in my surroundings as we are an ex-yugoslavian country)... can't think of anything else right now :PB)

I would like two songs played at my funeral, in succession. They are both from the album by the gothic/metal/classical band Virgin Black off their "Requiem - Fortissimo" album. The first song is entitled "Darkness", and the second song is a brief postlude comprised of some haunting piano keys entitled "Forever" that is meant to follow the previous song. These songs are very mournful, and I think they would fit perfectly. The combination of these two songs would be the perfect representation of my passing from the darkness of death into eternity.

what you want - john butler trio

bittersweet symphony - the verve

I'll be missing you - puff daddy ft faith evans

-reply by Jessica

funeral music.Songs To Play At Your Funeral

"When I Get Where I'm Going" by Brad Paisley and Dolly Parton.

"Who You'd Be Today" by Kenny Chesney.

"Good to Go" by Jason Aldean.

"If Tomorrow Never Comes" by Garth Brooks.

"Sissy's Song" by Alan Jackson.

-reply by austinKeywords: sad country songs about death