xisto Community
alexwhin

Do You Think Popups Are A Bad Thing? www.bpsite.tk

popups are disturbing.if you happen to accidently click it,some website might give you the computer virus.it safer to block popups if you have the software or if you happen to see a SAFE site that you can download the blocker.i have it and my computer is safe:)

i hate it because it causes confusion. many of them come together and i will be like...what is goin on?...another thing is that they sometimes contain images that are inappropriate..

Pop ups are a annoyiong thing. Then you get a pop-up blocker, which block anything that trys to pop up. Even things you weant to pop up. And pop up blockers don't block the pop ups from websites which come up when you speall an addreess wrong, when you close or change the url. It has a pop up when you leave, so annoying.

I personally do indeed think that pop-up advertisements are a bad thing. Not only do they disrupt whatever you're doing, but they're also flat out annoying when they call open some window that's hard to close. I don't see why they can't just keep them in the website's layout and not be off of the page, unless if they're trying to execute something that will ultimately wind up installing some weird spyware like cool web search.

I don't hate ads and popups. I DESPISE them. Especially the flashy ones that appear alot as they really annoy the eyes as ralphie just said. Ads are just plain useless, they just spam the internet :| Solution - Get a popup blocker :lol:

I don't like pop ups-- i find them quite annoying. Advertisement on the Internet is very importan but I rather Google Ads or something included in the website's structure, sometimes are useful more when the target is related to the one that is visiting the site.

If it's just one popup then it's fine with me. (then you can remove it!) but if it's not then I start having problems. Sometimes broswers don't block the pop ups all the time. :XD:Text ads are ok with me. As long as they are TEXT ones, not the kind that say "press the button for a FREE* PSP!"

I hate popups also just like everyone else here does. But in a way it is a good thing because it helps the site stay free. A lot of games and all do that so it can stay free for some people with the option to pay. If there are no popups there then you would have to pay in order to play and all. So I hate them a lot also but in a way they do help.

You should never be FORCED to look at an advert. Obviously a person will need to see an advert to actually know about your product, but if you force it on them, it will annoy people and they might be put off visiting your site. For this reason, I am against all kinds of pop-up, pop-under, or window-on-page adverts. People like to think they have free will, even if that is not the case. Give them a choice and they will show interest if they feel it is worth something to them. Force it, and you've lost them for good.

I hate any type of popup or popdown advertisment. The reason is simple, i dont like have more windows open than needed and i never will click on any ad that is trying to get my attention. I click on ads if they are relevant to what i am searching for and actually might be what i want. However, when websites have popups or popdowns, they rarely are related the site and just are annoying. No i do not want to get netflix when i am on a site reading a review for a cell phone. Do they relate? NO THEY DONT. The more people who dont use them, the better off we all are.

yah i say yes i found any websites that has pop-ups is very anoying and i try as hard as posiblet o never visit those sites i think other forms of advertisings like those google links is a lot better and more suttle.

Edited by etycto (see edit history)

Pop-ups themselves aren't bad. It's really what's in the pop-ups which is the deciding factor; it's not the pop-up or pop-under window that gives you viruses. If a pop-up or pop-under is forcing someone to view an adertisement, then so is an advertisement that is embedded in a page. Sure, i find them to be annoying and intrusive, but finding a pop-up or pop-under annoying and intrusive isn't a valid reason to call it bad. However, it not being bad doesn't make it good. If you like the website, quite possibly you'll return regardless of its annoyances.