xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
AustinG

Some Of My Photography 56k warning

Here is a little selection of my photography. I use a Nikon D40, with the Nikkor 18-55mm Lens. UV Filter, Polarizing Filter, Foggilizer, and macro filter, since a macro lens is so expensive.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Hope you enjoyed it!

Edited by AustinG (see edit history)

Nice photographs ! Have you collections of photographs on web ?If you have please I like to see.

Amazing perspectives, Austin! You really have a wealth of talent, and I hope to see more from you in the near future! My favorites from these are the leaf closeup and the old radio... simplicity that speaks volumes more; I love the depth of perspective.Very curious manipulation with the final photograph... I like the idea and effect of blending black & white into color along with the soft-to-sharp focus.

Nice photographs !

Have you collections of photographs on web ?

If you have please I like to see.

I just have a flickr account right now with tons of random stuff I have done. I am working on something to put all my good photos in.

I enjoyed them all, are they free to download and use for some design project?

Um, PM and ask. But yes you can use them. https://www.flickr.com/browser/upgrade/?continue=%2Fphotos%2Fcat320operator%2F

Amazing perspectives, Austin! You really have a wealth of talent, and I hope to see more from you in the near future! My favorites from these are the leaf closeup and the old radio... simplicity that speaks volumes more; I love the depth of perspective.

Very curious manipulation with the final photograph... I like the idea and effect of blending black & white into color along with the soft-to-sharp focus.

That radio is a brand new Uniden pc78xl... :lol:

Here is a better version of the leaf photo..

Posted Image

cool thing is because I shoot in high res. I can easily make banners and such like this:

Posted Image

Edited by AustinG (see edit history)

Pretty pics there. Let me guess, 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 DX ED II Nikon lens? the one that come with with D40 as a package? Dont go for Macro lens if you plan to use D40 for sometime. Yes partly its expensive and due to the small body chassis, it cant hold any zoom lens / fixed telephoto that is < f/3.5 in aperture. The bulkiness of the lens will block some of the accessible features in front of D40. Alternatively, you can scout around for a second hand macro lens if you are into macro shooting. Try getting the one i am using, Sigma 90mm f/2.8 Macro lens. It shouldnt cost a bomb for a 98% mint condition. Maybe you can do some price shopping :lol:The macro filter really did a good job for a cheaper macro fix. Question, does the lens comes with a lens hood? Pic of my choice, the dandelion. Keep up the good work :XD:

Edited by onscreen (see edit history)

I haven't seen a radio with dials like that in a long time (except for the one in my mother's antique Chrysler 300)! Goes to show what I know about radios, though :lol: You'd think I'd be better informed with all the interesting, old engines, cars, and other stuff collected at my grandfather's museum of Oregon history (which I help my mother maintain when the opportunity is available).The banner crop is... amazing. I feel like I can reach out and touch that water droplet, and come away with my fingertip wet! Incredible attention to detail, Austin, and very impressive.

Since no one else wanted to do any critique... :lol: The bee and the dandelion photo were okay macro shots... what makes them not so great in my eyes would have to be the contrast of color. I know that nature is very uncooperative with fore and backgrounds, staying still, etc., but I figured I would point those out... because I'm a jerk like that. :XD: I think that your sampling here is pretty darn good and I like it. (Personally, my picks would have been the sun/tree/dusk light, the B&W tractor, the leaf, and the radio pics.) Keep up the perspective!

Pretty pics there. Let me guess, 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 DX ED II Nikon lens? the one that come with with D40 as a package? Dont go for Macro lens if you plan to use D40 for sometime. Yes partly its expensive and due to the small body chassis, it cant hold any zoom lens / fixed telephoto that is < f/3.5 in aperture. The bulkiness of the lens will block some of the accessible features in front of D40. Alternatively, you can scout around for a second hand macro lens if you are into macro shooting. Try getting the one i am using, Sigma 90mm f/2.8 Macro lens. It shouldnt cost a bomb for a 98% mint condition. Maybe you can do some price shopping :)
The macro filter really did a good job for a cheaper macro fix. Question, does the lens comes with a lens hood? Pic of my choice, the dandelion. Keep up the good work :D

That would be right, I have wanted a DSLR for a while now, and the D40 was in my price range, the macro filter is nice, although it has a very small range of where it can focus. Lens hood I assume you mean barn doors? No it didn't but I plan on getting one, and a external flash. (Probably a speedlight)

I haven't seen a radio with dials like that in a long time (except for the one in my mother's antique Chrysler 300)! Goes to show what I know about radios, though :XD: You'd think I'd be better informed with all the interesting, old engines, cars, and other stuff collected at my grandfather's museum of Oregon history (which I help my mother maintain when the opportunity is available).
The banner crop is... amazing. I feel like I can reach out and touch that water droplet, and come away with my fingertip wet! Incredible attention to detail, Austin, and very impressive.

All the CB's I have seen still have dials, except hand held ones. That "radio" is a brand new Uniden PC78XL

Since no one else wanted to do any critique... :lol:
The bee and the dandelion photo were okay macro shots... what makes them not so great in my eyes would have to be the contrast of color. I know that nature is very uncooperative with fore and backgrounds, staying still, etc., but I figured I would point those out... because I'm a jerk like that. :P

I think that your sampling here is pretty darn good and I like it. (Personally, my picks would have been the sun/tree/dusk light, the B&W tractor, the leaf, and the radio pics.) Keep up the perspective!

Thanks.

I liked the green plant sprinkled with water the best. It's summer [for now] and the plant looked quite cool and refreshed. The picture gives a depth in perception where the leaf's stem was bent. Also, kudos on where you left the signature, it went well with the photograph. Keep practicing, your photography will be more improved in the future. Good luck!

I find all of them very good, Though I find the last digger effect very good. I am just starting photography so any tips someone can give me on what to take a 'photograph' on obviously you can take one of anything but what is an object that is creative and maybe boring though can be photoshoped back into life.

This stuff is really amazing ...i loved them..Nice photography indeed...keep the good work..its so beautiful :)