xisto Community
AustinG

Some Of My Photography 56k warning

Love your work. Nice contrast of colors on some, other it's the layout that touches me. Although I think I'd like to see what you can do with some abstract pictures. I mean, we have all seen the usually plants and still objects. So maybe, try this, go to a familiar place, and lay on the ground. Close one eye, and look at the world from there. See what you can see then, and photograph that.

Really great photos :) Nikon D40 might be the cheapest dSLR out there, and therefore the worst one, but it easily beats all compact and prosumer cameras, especially in the hands of someone who knows how to use it. The same goes for 18-55 - a mediocre kit lens with nothing that would blow your mind, but it is all about how you use it. I also sport a Nikon D40 and 18-55, with a few more lenses, and it is definitely nice to see that someone is using everything that this camera has to offer.

However, I will go on and say that the waterfall picture should be warmer, the white balance is wrong. Unless, of course, this is some weird place and those are the real colours :)