xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
buherath

Sri Lanka Is Free! WAR IS OVER

On this day, May 18th 2009, Sri Lanka stands as one Proud and Free Nation.

The terrorists organization haunting our island has been defeated. After 30 years Sri Lanka is yet again free from the massacres of the LTTE.

Take a look at this.

Sri Lanka Official Defence Map

LTTE defeated; Sri Lanka liberated from terror
Sri Lankan armed force have militarily defeated the LTTE and freed the nation from three decades of terror, Army Chief Lieutenant General Sarath Fonseka announced.

Meanwhile, defence sources on the battlefront said all top LTTE leaders were believed to be killed during their abortive attempt to flee from advancing troops this morning (May 18). According to the sources, troops have found a burnt body suspected to be of LTTE chief V. Prabhakaran. However, the sources said that positive identification is yet to be made.

Also, unconfirmed sources revealed that LTTE’s intelligence wing leader Pottu Amman and Sea Tiger wing leader Soosai were killed in today’s battle.

:lol: :XD: :)

Yup, that marks the end of it all.
Edited by buherath (see edit history)

On this day, May 18th 2009, Sri Lanka stands as one Proud and Free Nation.
The terrorists organization haunting our island has been defeated. After 30 years Sri Lanka is yet again free from the massacres of the LTTE.

Take a look at this.

Sri Lanka Official Defence Map

:lol: :XD: :)

Yup, that marks the end of it all.

I saw BBC News after seeing this informative post here. If anyone want to see bbc report on this you can try this but as bbc report.

The claims cannot be verified as reporters are barred from the war zone.

There is no guarantee of The leader of the Tamil Tiger rebels, Velupillai Prabhakaran, is dead.If Tamil Tiger from Sri Lanka definitely out, it should be good news for Sri Lanka.

The guerilla may be over... and I'm not really acquainted with the Sri Lanka process, but it doesn't seem logical that the nationalist feelings from the Tamil people in the country go down with it.All I know is that ethnic discrimination is all over the island: against Tamils were they're a minority and from Tamils were they're majority. And this isn't going to disappear overnight.

It is true that the end of the tyrant means a lot of joy for a lot of people but we should not forget that there are going to be plenty of people who are not rejoicing the incident. Call me pessimistic if you will but I am slightly worried about what kind of repercussions are going to follow, but I also hope that the people do not suffer and instead stand strong against anyone who tries to pressure them.

It is true that the end of the tyrant means a lot of joy for a lot of people but we should not forget that there are going to be plenty of people who are not rejoicing the incident. Call me pessimistic if you will but I am slightly worried about what kind of repercussions are going to follow, but I also hope that the people do not suffer and instead stand strong against anyone who tries to pressure them.

I wouldn't call the leader of the LTTE a tyrant, but rather the leader of the militants. Demands for a separate nation are bound to be refused and taking up something by force only leads to a retaliation by the government. It really does seem pointless to give up one's life to push for something as silly as a national boundary. There are better causes to die for and so many unthings that affect many more people.

Either way, the Sri Lankan government now has more funds available for things that matter most to the people.

I wouldn't call the leader of the LTTE a tyrant, but rather the leader of the militants. Demands for a separate nation are bound to be refused and taking up something by force only leads to a retaliation by the government. It really does seem pointless to give up one's life to push for something as silly as a national boundary. There are better causes to die for and so many unthings that affect many more people.
Either way, the Sri Lankan government now has more funds available for things that matter most to the people.

Yeah I too would not call him a tyrant but to many he was one :lol: The thing is that we feel that it is pointless but the one who was fighting for national boundary was getting his fame and fortune not to mention power even though he was risking his life. If only politicians/revolutionists spent time ACTUALLY defending the people they are fighting for instead of using them like pawns for their own growth. Yes, now that Sri Lanka has one inconvenience less I hope they focus on the people's growth.

Heard on the radio that they have admit that the movement was a failure and cease the gunfire. If that is true, it is truly a good news as peace will be restored to the country. A battle that was 30 years long, is indeed a long time. And it is the common people who suffered the most.

I wish the Moro battle in the south of the Philippines stop too.. :lol: its been going on for centuries.. Whatever their reason is force is not an answer, force is a sign of desperation, we are humans not animals so diplomacy or talk or debate is the way to go..

I wish the Moro battle in the south of the Philippines stop too.. :XD: its been going on for centuries.. Whatever their reason is force is not an answer, force is a sign of desperation, we are humans not animals so diplomacy or talk or debate is the way to go..

In many cases force is a way to earn and as long there are puppet masters, you are obviously going to find useless wars that do nothing but drain life and resources. What I feel is that as each revolutionist is removed, it gives a little bit hope to the people to start afresh especially the youth whom I feel are getting sick of all the violence and disorder. I hope the youth gets smart and avoids making dumb decisions like many politicians :lol:

Hat's off. Well done, as we know that "Hard work always pays off", after a long struggle with sincere efforts it's done!!The LTTE has finally been banished from SriLanka!! These terrorists groups were a bad experience the citizens were facing from decades!!Their time is over now and the people could now live peacefully!!!
Three cheers for The SriLankan army who sacrificed their lives for the benefit of others!!
------------------
brad pitt
Workout Routines