xisto Community
Alex Cicala

Chernobyl, Reactor 4, The End Of The World? 26 Years in the making

I believe that the world will end late 2012, although my theory is different.It envolves the accident of Chernobyl, which is in Ukraine near the border of the formally known USSR [now Russia]. Reading through my Physics book I discovered a page on the accident at Chernobyl. It states the whole accident and what had cause the horrific event, mainly human error. Although it then goes on to explain a shelter project (SIP - Shelter Implementation Project). This shelter had started progress of construction in August, 2007 and is planned for completion in late 2012. Now the sarcophagus of Reactor 4 has been seal although has now been leaking radiation recently, this is why the new shelter is been built. Once the shelter is complete then crews will then start to dismantle Reactor 4 and the remains of Radioactive waste in Reactor 4. My theory is that in the process of this dismantle progress, which is due after the shelter is complete, something will either happen or go wrong. The radiation under that area will still be active, once tapped into for removemal anything can happen. So thats it, we wait and see.If anyone agrees or wants to add or criticize this thoery, please go ahead....

Possible, but I don't think it will affect the whole world as you stated in your topic? A single nuclear reactor can't destroy the planet, that's what I think.With the arguments I stated above, you can't actually even think one reactor can cause the "end of the world", can you? And don't follow Murphy's law, because "everything that can go wrong, will go wrong" is incorrect, and if it would be true, humanity couldn't have accomplished risky things.

Edited by Baniboy (see edit history)

I don't see any basis for thinking the world will end in 2012If you're also basing that on the Mayan theory thenrather than go through the details,such a theory hasproven to be inconclusive. As alteady mentioned,one malfunctioned nuclear generator won't destroy the whole world either and why did you have to pick theone at Chernobyl?

The thing with exploded reactors is that most of the energy has already been dissipated. The remaining radioactive waste is just dangerous to living things and not really volatile. For a reactor to explode a critical mass of radioactive materials needs to be accumulated into a small area such that the radiation emitted from the material causes an exponential increase in radioactive activity causing the explosion. The reason radioactive waste from reactors is "waste" is because they can no longer be used for useful nuclear reactions any more and the only thing they can do is store it up. So while things can go wrong locally when dismantling the reactor, such as radioactive waste escaping into the eco-system, it is highly improbably that any explosion could result, let alone a global one.

Ok also may I add something creapy, that if anyone has played the game Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl, then you'd be familier to what I'm talking about. Although the dates in game are close to the dates of the completion date of the SIP at Reactor 4. I myself find this as just a theory and improbable although it is good an interesting to think about. The real end of the world, will happen definitely in approximately 5.5 Billion Years. That's when our solar system Sun starts to die.

Well if the human race survives long enough for that to happen then we won't have to worry about it. Either we will have moved on from this solar system or we will be able to prevent it by feeding it with fuel from another star.

that's weird that you wrote a topic about this yesterday because 3 days ago, i had just met someone who's brother died slowly because of that event. funny thing is, he was telling me, was that they wont admit that he died from radiation. they blamed cancer and other things

i don't think there will be an end of the world in what you were talking about and i'm sure any remains of radiation can be contained so i don't think it's as bad as you are stating. leakage is a worry, but i don't think it can be compared to the chernobyl incendent

I believe that the world will end late 2012, although my theory is different.
It envolves the accident of Chernobyl, which is in Ukraine near the border of the formally known USSR [now Russia]. Reading through my Physics book I discovered a page on the accident at Chernobyl. It states the whole accident and what had cause the horrific event, mainly human error. Although it then goes on to explain a shelter project (SIP - Shelter Implementation Project). This shelter had started progress of construction in August, 2007 and is planned for completion in late 2012. Now the sarcophagus of Reactor 4 has been seal although has now been leaking radiation recently, this is why the new shelter is been built. Once the shelter is complete then crews will then start to dismantle Reactor 4 and the remains of Radioactive waste in Reactor 4. My theory is that in the process of this dismantle progress, which is due after the shelter is complete, something will either happen or go wrong. The radiation under that area will still be active, once tapped into for removemal anything can happen. So thats it, we wait and see.

If anyone agrees or wants to add or criticize this thoery, please go ahead....

that's weird that you wrote a topic about this yesterday because 3 days ago, i had just met someone who's brother died slowly because of that event. funny thing is, he was telling me, was that they wont admit that he died from radiation. they blamed cancer and other things
i don't think there will be an end of the world in what you were talking about and i'm sure any remains of radiation can be contained so i don't think it's as bad as you are stating. leakage is a worry, but i don't think it can be compared to the chernobyl incendent

You do realize that the reactor already exploded? i mean, its not gonna be worse then what already happened. If your Publishing such an arbitrary take on an arbitrary belief you could at least back it up a little.

This is the very reason I am so opposed to this energy sourse. No matter what safeguards are in place, there is always the chance for human error. And the consequences in this case are far too serious to even take a chance on to my way of thinking. But I don't suppose my silly little opinion is going to make much difference to those in charge who want to supply the world with cheap power. So I suppose it is good that they are trying to find ways to correct the disaster at Chernobyl and are finding out the difficulties and what to do about it. Baniboy is right, it's unlikely that this clean up could possibly effect the entire world as to cause some catastrofic event, but I will have to disagree with him on the Murpheys law thing. Murphey has been ruling my life forever, it is not something I can ignore or not believe. Sure, we get lucky sometimes and get around old Murphey, but he all too frequently rears his ugly head and bites us in the butt too often for us to ignore him.

It envolves the accident of Chernobyl, which is in Ukraine near the border of the formally known USSR [now Russia]. Reading through my Physics book I discovered a page on the accident at Chernobyl. It states the whole accident and what had cause the horrific event, mainly human error. Although it then goes on to explain a shelter project (SIP - Shelter Implementation Project). This shelter had started progress of construction in August, 2007 and is planned for completion in late 2012. Now the sarcophagus of Reactor 4 has been seal although has now been leaking radiation recently, this is why the new shelter is been built. Once the shelter is complete then crews will then start to dismantle Reactor 4 and the remains of Radioactive waste in Reactor 4. My theory is that in the process of this dismantle progress, which is due after the shelter is complete, something will either happen or go wrong. The radiation under that area will still be active, once tapped into for removemal anything can happen. So thats it, we wait and see.

What a load of baloney. Even if your theory is completely and utterly accurate on the USSR, the USSR alone does not have the capability to blow up, literally, the entire world with. IT does not have enough nuclear energy. The theory being that it takes up to 8 atom bombs of todays standard, at atmospheric level to set off to split the earth. Even then it will not destroy it.

In 2012, I do believe some governments and organisations will take benefit of the Mayan prophecy, oh I don't know, maybe invade Iran for a change to spark some 2012 controversy. Or allow a Zion government to take over another middle-eastern nation with no army. BUT if you carefully consider the Mayan culture, their traditions and what kind of tribes they were, you'd be very silly to believe in their prophecies. They made made many prophecies, and out of pure luck, or magic, a few of them had some truth.

They allowed their men to sacrifice their own lives, and even sacrificed their children, and blood for their 'Gods'. They live in poor conditions in the depths of Mexico. Do you really believe a small tribe with little knowledge of the educated world would predict a disaster that would end this world.

Please feel free to google the Mayans. If you have an ounce of theological understanding, you'd believe that their is clear evidence that Moses, Jesus, Mohammed, all demonstrated some divine abilities which enabled them to prophesies, even if you aren't religious, you will find archeological and scriptural evidence of the existence of these people, even of Noah himself. Their prophecies have all come true or are shaping to reality, yet you find the Mayans prophecy more frightening. It's a real shame.

I think people have given up on true forms of spirituality and theology, and have fallen for conspiracy.

Thats my view anyway.

Well i saw that the shelter around the reactor will only last 20-30 years and 2012 is the 26 anniversary and i think (from what i got from your post) that is when they will tap in. But will the raditaion cause something in the atmosphere or how will it travel? Wind? Is the ground contaminated