xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
webishqiptar

Swine Flu Information!

I thought to share with everybody something about the new swine flu nearby pandemic situation. I am not covering news here, but some general info about swine flu, symptoms, treatment etc..What is swine flu?It is an uncommon flu derived from pigs. It is uncommon because swine flu cannot be spread from pigs to human, except some very rare cases involving people working on pig farms.What are the symptoms?The same as human flu.How to treat?Spanish company produces antiviral Tamiflu. This company reported 240% increases on assets on the market.How to prevent?Avoid sick people and wash your hands regularly.

The swine flu in my opinion is a joke. I haven't done much research on the swine flu mainly because I'm not too worried about it, but from what i hear on the radio show that I listen to is that the only reason people seem to be making such a big deal about it is because the worst cases of it have been in Mexico, and the Mexican health care system sucks incredibly. I have been to several parts of Mexico, and seen dentists doing work in the streets, and people walking around with broken body parts in a make-shift cast wanna-be type thing. So of course something as simple as the flu down there is going to be such a big deal. Where as in America, we have a some what decent health care system, compared to Mexico at least. and so the worst thing happening to people in America is a bad cough..

I don't think they are over-doing things at the moment. What is happening is only the first wave. And with the waves, the severity increases. By then, the virus will have been to late to contain. Lesson from history, the 1918 Spanish flu started off as a mild flu virus before it gone out of hand and killed millions of people worldwide. Btw, scientists have predicted that a killer flu is due to happen.

I agree that this swine flu thing is overrated—though i haven't really watched the news (but that may imply how overrated it is).

It is uncommon because swine flu cannot be spread from pigs to human, except some very rare cases involving people working on pig farms.

So it can be spread from pig to human..?

The same as human flu.

That's nice to know..... So how do we know it's not just one of those common flus?

Spanish company produces antiviral Tamiflu. This company reported 240% increases on assets on the market.

Here's an interesting video on the matter: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Avoid sick people and wash your hands regularly.

Oh, so taking the vaccine is pointless then? Then i guess you can forget about the video i linked to. :P It's interesting to note, though, that avoiding eating ham is not within the recommend steps—what one would assume to be the obvious course of action. Nevertheless, isn't there research that shows if you clean yourself too much, you can actually worsen your immune system?

So it can be spread from pig to human..?

Well it could, as now the virus transformed and spreads from human to human.

That's nice to know..... So how do we know it's not just one of those common flus?

If you feel sick and have no cause for that( or if you have been to Mexico recently)..you should do a lab test to confirm it. You cannot know by simple examination if it is normal flu or swine flu.

Oh, so taking the vaccine is pointless then? Then i guess you can forget about the video i linked to. B) It's interesting to note, though, that avoiding eating ham is not within the recommend steps—what one would assume to be the obvious course of action. Nevertheless, isn't there research that shows if you clean yourself too much, you can actually worsen your immune system?

You are wrong. A vaccine is not produced yet. It will need moths before it is ready. Avoiding eating ham is not recommended because the virus is dead from sterilization procedures( I guess)..and the virus spreads with air. You can worsen your immune system if:

Take medication that "hurts" the immune system or

Stay 3 or 4 days without sleeping

If you keep washing your hands, you won't worsen your immune system..and don't say this to anyone cause will laugh of it. :P

Edited by webishqiptar (see edit history)

Well it could, as now the virus transformed and spreads from human to human.

How long did it take for it to transform? And how was this concluded?

You are wrong. A vaccine is not produced yet. It will need mo[n]ths before it is ready.

Perhaps, but by mentioning Tamiflu you imply that there is something out there already that could "take care" of the virus. So a vaccine may be irrelevant. Then again, so may Tamiflu.

Avoiding eating ham is not recommended because the virus is dead from sterilization procedures( I guess)

Although i'm not one that is "certified," i'd still recommend not eating ham. Ham isn't really a healthy meat to begin with.

..and the virus spreads with air.

So how are the pigs in all of this? Have any of them died because of their flu? If none have died due to their flu, then does that mean they have a better immune system then us or are we making this swine flu a big deal (again)?

You can worsen your immune system if:

Take medication that "hurts" the immune system

Which could be any vaccine for the swine flu. I would suspect vaccines to do more damage to the elderly more than anyone else, since one would expect the elderly to have a weaker immune system than the younger folk.

or Stay 3 or 4 days without sleeping

The person would most likely crash by day two, but it would be interesting to see if someone can go that many days without sleep anyway.

If you keep washing your hands, you won't worsen your immune system..and don't say this to anyone cause will laugh of it. :P

My statement was more general than simply "washing your hands," as i said "if you clean yourself too much," so not giving your immune system "practice" through every-day tasks can still come into play. After all, that's what vaccines attempt to do: they inject a "weak" or "harmless" version of the virus or bacteria in order to boost your immune system.

The swine flu in my opinion is a joke. I haven't done much research on the swine flu mainly because I'm not too worried about it, but from what i hear on the radio show that I listen to is that the only reason people seem to be making such a big deal about it is because the worst cases of it have been in Mexico, and the Mexican health care system sucks incredibly. I have been to several parts of Mexico, and seen dentists doing work in the streets, and people walking around with broken body parts in a make-shift cast wanna-be type thing. So of course something as simple as the flu down there is going to be such a big deal. Where as in America, we have a some what decent health care system, compared to Mexico at least. and so the worst thing happening to people in America is a bad cough..

I agree. People should stop worrying about Swine Flu and making such a deal over it. It's just like normal Flu, the name kind of gives that away.

Personally, I still wouldn't eat ham, because I never want to experience flu. Good thing I don't like ham, I guess. :P

How long did it take for it to transform? And how was this concluded?

I am not an expert to give such conclusions, I am just trying to give some detailed information so that people don't get panic. In very rare cases the virus can spread to people who work with pigs. So after the virus enter human body, it could have been transformed(or adapted) into a new kind of virus, which now has the ability to spread from human to human. This is something that generally happens with bacteria and viruses. Let's mention here the gained resistor that bacteria adapt against antibiotics.

Perhaps, but by mentioning Tamiflu you imply that there is something out there already that could "take care" of the virus. So a vaccine may be irrelevant. Then again, so may Tamiflu.

No a vaccine cannot be irrelevant, but simply it is not produced yet and needs time. A vaccine can be a weakened version of the flu virus. Tamiflu is an antiviral who can treat swine flu but cannot prevent it.

Although i'm not one that is "certified," i'd still recommend not eating ham. Ham isn't really a healthy meat to begin with.

This is something else. Me neither eat ham. But we must mention that the virus is not termoresistent and can't be spread this way.

So how are the pigs in all of this? Have any of them died because of their flu? If none have died due to their flu, then does that mean they have a better immune system then us or are we making this swine flu a big deal (again)?

Maybe, I am not pretending to know all of this. I think that virus is not as dangerous in pigs as in humans.

Which could be any vaccine for the swine flu. I would suspect vaccines to do more damage to the elderly more than anyone else, since one would expect the elderly to have a weaker immune system than the younger folk.

Yes this is true to my opinion. Vaccines can cause allergic reactions. Edited by webishqiptar (see edit history)

Thank-You for this information I now have a better understanding of Swine flu, I am also off school due to another type of Flu and also my parents want me to be fully running before returning back to school in case Swine flu does reach our school. Its kinda boring being off but I just keep posting on here :P.

Maybe I haven't done enough reading up on the swine flu,but every time Ido, it sounds to me just like regular flu.I mean, if it is so much worsethan the regular flu then why not just call it something else?

:P This is definitely strange, it is like the government or media, is trying to scare people in to not leaving their homes...but i don't think it is working, or would help anything.Strange times...if it was regular flu no one would be talking about it, the media seems to be purposely attempting to cause panic, this is weird.

Firstly, to rnichilo regarding how the media is dealing with the flu outbreak, I would have to disagree with you. The whole situation has and is being downplayed an awful lot by Governments, MSM and other organizations in attempt to avoid 'mass-panic'. This is an unbelievably obvious example. The irony is that on the same day the WHO decided to forfeit their job and review their own rules (again), Margaret Chan is quoted saying, "for the first time in humanity, we are seeing, or we may be seeing, pandemic influenza unfolding before our eyes." What I don't understand is why the stating of facts and informing people of possible danger is viewed as causing panic! I personally don't know anybody who has panicked due to the current flu outbreak, but I've heard a lot of people talking about the panic the media caused...

Secondly, here's my two cents on the "Information" side.

A Caution: speaking from experience, some of the information contained on these websites may be upsetting or worrying.

An excellent map documenting suspected and confirmed cases as well as deaths from the current H1N1 outbreak can be found here: FluTracker map. It's run by Dr. Henry Niman, who's also behind flutrackers.com. For news and information on flu I regularly visit the Pandemic Flu Information forum and have a catch up on posts (they get through an awful lot of news!)

Other websites for general information include:

pandemicflu.gov - "One-stop access to U.S. Government H1N1, avian and pandemic flu information." Plan & prepare -> Individuals & Families has some basic prepping information.

getpandemicready.org - Information covering all/ most aspects of preparing for a pandemic.

birdflumanual.com - Site of Dr. Grattan Woodson. The Good Home Treatment of Influenza pdf is very informative.

fluwikie.com - Everything I just mentioned, and a whole lot more can be found here.

Please forgive me if I have broken any rules by posting multiple links, and have mercy.

Here's hoping someone will find this information useful!

p&l

I don't get why people are getting so freaking crazy about this stupid little thing, it isn't even that big of a thing, I mean it isn't like it is so deadly it could instantly wipe us all out. WE have technology, there are precautions we are taking, we aren't going to just get annihilated by some flu. We don't need to quarantine everybody, we don't need all this mass media about the flu, that only one person has died from in the United States. People can say well ya we have all these people dieing in Mexico, well it's just that, it's Mexico, it isn't like we have a poor health care, it isn't like we have poor sanitation, we have blown all of this way out of proportion, and it got old, real quick.