xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tinoymalayil

What About Maxthon Browser?

Well I know it can surf the web, it's just don't use it. I recommend Mozilla Firefox 3.0.9, best browser you can get. I heard Maxthon has no good features and has security problems.

Maxthon (former MyIE2) is a browser that incorporates the shell of IE but with another - for some 'fancy' - look with several features that IE doesn't have.Anyway, I don't like it at all, I think you should stick to anything 'cept IE and its shells. :P

What about Maxthon Web Brower..Any Problem with it?

Have never heard of it and it is you who made me search for the browser in google. Looks interesting to me... but for a browser that is there for more than 3-4 years... this is very less visibility. I am not sure people can report you with more insights and problems without using the browser for long... Why dont you give a try. Well.. that being said, I am downloading the browser and going to install it in my machine and may be after some time will provide you wis some feedback on what I think, What exactly are the positives in the browser and of course, the problems I face of any...

But I will miss firefox, when I use Maxthon... I am very addicted to the addons/ plugins that I am currently using, and its very difficult to get accustomed to other browsers without these small and useful addons. But these guys are incorporating some of the niche features that addons provide as part of the package that comes with the browser... say for example, there is an RSS feed reader that comes with the browser built in... This is I think is a very cool feature. Let me see if I can provide more insights after using it for some time... It has also received so many awards, which i think is another plus point. I am sure, parties would not have awarded the browser, without evaluating it on various categories.

Here is the link to the browser, if you are interested....
http://www.maxthon.com/

You might also have to take an overview of all the features that the browser offers here in the below link.
/?lang

If you are looking for a browser to use on a daily basis and is fully functional and has tremendous support, I would go with FIrefox. Opera has some cool features too though, and I find myself using it more and more.