xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tinoymalayil

Why Am Unable To Install Internet Explorer 8 In Windows Xp Sp3?

Well we need a lot more information then that, such as what your using your computer for, whats installed, have you customized your computer, when was your computer last updated. Odds are there something with your computer that is preventing you from installing it and so the question is do you receive any errors when you try to install IE8?

its true as SM said but it can also be because of you might be using pirated version of your osbut i think this problem can also be fixed........try downloading another copy of ie8 or use any other browser like safari, mozilla, opera.......all the best

I am unable to install IE 8 in Windows XP SP3..why it is happening?

Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 works perfectly well for me on Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3. Perhaps you've got to run Windows Updates. Having automatic updates turned on usually means that your windows will have all the patches and fixes installed, though you might have to reboot more frequently.

Most websites these days work with Firefox/Safari too, so you might as well switch to Firefox 3 running on Ubuntu 9.04.

Regards,
Nitin Reddy

PS: You've posted this thread in the GMail forum. You're not likely to get much help here - post to the Computers > Operating Systems, Computers > Software, or The Internet > Web Browsers instead.
Edited by k_nitin_r (see edit history)

It is strange for me to know that you are unable to install Internet Explorer 8 in Windows XP service pack 3. I am currently using Windows XP sp 3 and using Internet Explorer 8. I downloaded IE 8 from on the Windows installation update site. There was no hassle at all. However it to a long time to install. I think there might be a problem with your version of Windows XP. Or you may be using a pirated one. Nonetheless IE8 is one of the best features rich browser. I also use Firefox version 3, and use IE tab. The IE Plug-in helps me switchover between Mozilla's browser and Internet Explorer's browser within Firefox itself. There are a few other plug-ins in Firefox that I think are very useful however IE 8 is now coming up with many more plug-ins.

Why are you so intolerant?Why Am Unable To Install Internet Explorer 8 In Windows Xp Sp3?

I too am unable to install ie8 on a fresh install of Win XP Pro SP3. It attempts to download an update and fails. If this update is downloaded separately it will fail with a message that it is not required on SP3. Without the update, no Install.

Persons  posting to forums should do so with care, however sarcastic meaningless replies serve nobody. Why not politely ask for more information. After all the person asking may not be so excellently geeked up as you are.

What kind of errors do you get on the download failure? Maybe trying to download it from another site and not Windows might help or again there is something wrong with your copy of Windows. You may want to check to see if your computer has enough memory or hard drive space in order to install on your computer that could be another problem you might be having.

Fix IE8 / SP3 install problems...Why Am Unable To Install Internet Explorer 8 In Windows Xp Sp3?

Replying to tinoymalayil

Download SP3 from MS-tech (it's free) the network unattended install set.

Install it (yes again)

REBOOT! < You Must...

Now you can install IE8 without a problem

If you check in the cpnl / system you will see SP3 Vxxxx - Thats the problem, you installed the pre-release.

-reply by Dave

Similar issue with Installing IE8Why Am Unable To Install Internet Explorer 8 In Windows Xp Sp3?

Hello I seem to be having similar issues. This is the error code I getError Code0x80246007. I've tried installing IE 7, IE8 directly and IE8 via windows updates.  Help please

-reply by cadams

Similar issue with Installing IE8

Why Am Unable To Install Internet Explorer 8 In Windows Xp Sp3?

Hello I seem to be having similar issues. This is the error code I getError Code: 0x80246007. I've tried installing IE 7, IE8 directly and IE8 via windows updates. Help please

-reply by cadams

cadams, have you tried the solution described in https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/916251?

Unable to install IE 8Why Am Unable To Install Internet Explorer 8 In Windows Xp Sp3?

Hellow ,

I am also facing the same problem of installing IE8 on Win Xp sp3. When ever I try to install it giving an error. Permission denied contact your administrator. I have tried to install IE8 with domain Admin previlages. I do have tried to install it by login my system with local  administrator. 

I even tried to install Windows installer 3.1 but it is also giving me the same error.

Please help me.???!

-reply by gobind

Firewall settings and other dilemmasWhy Am Unable To Install Internet Explorer 8 In Windows Xp Sp3?

Recently we rebooted the pc because we HAD to - when we put in our talktalk broadband cd, everything goes well to a certain point then stops, but when we go to internet and try to upload live messenger yahoo messenger or when the children access facebook they cannot use any chat facilities, would you have any idea how we can remedy this, we did put a call into talk talk but they said it would be 72 hours before they come back - which I find ridiculous. 

-question by Maud

I can't install IE8. Here is the log:

00:00.875: INFO:   Operating System: Windows Workstation: 5.1.2600 (Service Pack 3)00:01.172: ERROR: Couldn't read value: 'LIPPackage' from [Version] section in update.Inf00:01.188: INFO:   Checking Prerequisites00:01.203: INFO:   Prerequisites Satisfied: Yes00:01.219: ERROR: Unable to load MSFTEDIT.DLL.00:01.250: ERROR: Message to User: The Setup application could not be initialized00:10.297: ERROR: Setup exit code: 0x00000002 (Unable to initialize the application).

Any ideas?

Why Am Unable To Install Internet Explorer 8 In Windows Xp Sp3?Why Am Unable To Install Internet Explorer 8 In Windows Xp Sp3?

Try to Uninstal Acrobat Reader then install Ie8 and then reinstall acrobat reader

Good Day

-reply by 911ordinateur

I'm also running XP pro w/ SP3 and cannot install IE8.  The IE8 part of the SP3 installation failed time after time.  I've even turned off the virus program as suggested and I've tried the download from Microsoft.  I suspect one of the girls in the office may have downloaded some malware that made a registry change.  I've tried microsoft's malware removal tool and their virus scanner but they say I'm clear. 

when I try to install IE8 it fails at the end and makes me reboot to clear the installation attempt.  No error message is given