xisto Community
Dodger

Why Do Women Go Insane Over The Toilet Seat?

I don't care whether guys leave the toilet seat up or not, it only takes a couple of seconds to put the lid back down again anyway so I don't see what all the fuss is about. The only thing that annoys me is when guys that comes to my house and use our toilet, sometimes they get some of their pee all on the floor, I mean seriously, is it that hard to aim in the toilet bowl?

Why should men have to put the toilet seat down?  I have yet to hear ONE good reason.

I'm not commenting on the issue itself, just coming up with a reason why you might want to put the seat down (This is assuming women always sit and men sit some of the time.):

The majority of times a toilet is used, the user will be sitting down. Which should be an okay argument for putting the seat down when you're done.

Tadaah.

Anyway, on to the issue. I think it wouldn't hurt people to check whether the seat is down before sitting down. And if someone complains, just ask if they would prefer that you don't put it up at all, even when peeing. I'm sure they'll stop complaining :D

Edit: Could some mod please do something painful to Tduyloc? He's been spamming all over the place.

I was in stitches when I read that some people have almost fallen in when they've gone to the loo. I've never heard that one before...Anyway, I'm a bloke and I leave it down... *shrug* ... and I have no idea why. I think asking why women seem to go insane over the toilet seat, is the same as asking why men seem to go insane over the remote...

Well if you want to be general isint that the same thing as men saying they want love when all they really want is sex? *Yawn* Im the type of woman that if a guy left the seat up I would just put it down. I dont sweat the small stuff and in life its mostly small stuff *grin*

46193[/snapback]

When I say women say one thing and want another, I am talking about how cryptic they are. I've heard it so many times. Example, woman says to her man... "you never bring me flowers anymore". Man brings her flowers. The woman is not satisfied because she didn't really want flowers, she wanted the guy to pay more attention to her. Why not just say "I feel neglected, please pay more attention to me" ?

Men say they want love to GET sex. The difference is that men are LYING when they say this. They aren't trying to be "subtle" or cryptic about the meaning of thier message. Next, some (proabably many) think that LOVE=SEX and SEX=LOVE!! To women this is not true but to men it is... So, I don't really see the contradiction...

Also, I'm glad you can see past the toilet seat cause it is a really stupid thing to get annoyed at. CHECK THE SEAT BEFORE SITTING DOWN! Simple. I do it all the time.

As for peeing on the floor.. do you really want to know why?

I have had problems with men who dont appreciate a woman such as myself who is direct and speak my mind. It funny when some men say women dont say what they mean but when they meet one they have all sorts of colourful descriptive words for them....just a thought. When my boyfriend buys me flowers, he does so on occasion and not when I expect it. Thats what I want I appreciate them. I keep the petals and put them in glasses, they remind me of his good heart. There are other things that he does that are just as important. Like appreciating the meal I cooked washing up the dishes. He cooks too and I love it. We are both givers...When a giver dates a taker...watch out! You better run fast if you are the giver. We treat our relationship like a friendship and then some. It surprises me that some people dont give their partner the same and more respect they do with their friends. Thats part of the problem RESPECT....( Sing Along)

My boyfriend has no problem with me speaking my mind and telling it like it is, he finds it refreshing. I dont appreciate fakes, women and men alike.

I have never had this toilet seat problem. A his and hers bathroom may be the solution LOL. :D I must say that anyone who does something on PURPOSE, whether it be a seat up or socks on the floor, empty milk cartons, knowing full well that it bothers the other person ( cause we all have quirks) its disrespectful, spiteful and should seriously consider why they want to be in a relationship at all. A relationship is about putting aside small differences. The man is no better than the women if a toilet seat becomes an issue. Maybe the guy doesnt like the pretty fully pink cover on the seat.. Yeah thats it *wink* Life's too short! I wish those with this problem the best of luck! * chuckles* Now back to my get rich quick scheme :D

Pick one !! You decide !-"too stupid" to look first?-"too lazy" to turn on the light?-"too self-centered" & just *BLEEP*y?-"too this" ...?-"Too that"...?-"The best offense is a good defense"?-"needs attitude adjustment"?- "Any issue which serves" any hidden other purpose?-"Distraction is better than confronting the real issue(s)"?-"anything at all..."?-"An eternal cosmic mystery"among all cosmic mysterys?RGPHNX

I'm a guy and I leave the seat down... It's really not that hard to aim into the hole >_>Of course, putting the lid down seems like a common courtesy, although I have a short term memory and always forget. Which brings me to an answer that will solve the topic creator's problems =DThere's this thing you can buy at a novely store (Spencer's probably) that when you lift up the lid, it says "Please, put the seat down. Please, don't forget to put the seat down, thank you"Works for me lol

i dont no y people do that but my mom is on me and my dad about it all the time saying its so rude and you should not even do it at a public bathroom i mean wtf is that *BLEEP* lol keep the thing down it dont make any sence

Well the way I see it, it's the same thing as drinking out of cartons (without getting pouring in a cup) or leaving dishes unwashed in the sinks for days or something like that, common courtesy, keeps everything nice & neat.

We worry about the toilet seat becuase it's really ferkin' GROSS! We don't want to be swimming where you just took a leak! And getting anything on the seat is worse because it's direct! Why don't you men understand this?

My wife got on my case this morning about my leaving the toilet seat lid up during the night when I got up to take a whiz. Apparently she almost took the plunge when she went in there in the dark and took a seat.

You just answered your own question. :P How would you like it if you almost fell in a toilet, because your spouse is to lazy to put the seat down? Frankly, I don't like the idea.

My response to her was that she never lifts the lid for me after she's done, so why do I need to put the lid down when I'm finished. Why can't everyone just look out for themselves when it comes to peeing? Is this too much too ask? Do women not want equal rights in the toilet area?

We don't lift the lid for you because a.) Nothing (other than the bowl) is nastier than the underside of a toilet seat, and b.) She might have to use it again before you do. And you need to put the lid down when you are finished because that is polite, and what a gentelman would do :D So, technicly if you don't do it, it means you don't consider her very much, and you're a rude man. :P

We don't lift the lid for you because a.) Nothing (other than the bowl) is nastier than the underside of a toilet seat

Ever turned a doorknob? There's more bacteria and virii on a doorknob than a toilet seat. Mysophobia is not an excuse for not being able to lift up a toliet seat.
Ever wonder why when you go to a public bathroom and you use the stall you see that the toilet seat is a horseshoe shape rather than an oval? That's to shutup this little argument as well as to contend with those that have mysophobia. If we all had horseshoe toilet seats there wouldn't be an argument between anyone for such a stupid little thing because it's unisex when down.

Omg that is so... well I think it is really silly to fight over something like this. Of course I would leave the lid down and be a gentleman but what if I forget one day? Why would people fight over a lid, its not that hard to move the lid, and how can you sit on something you cant see? what if there was a spider? tell her to check what she is going to sit on, reminds me of the guy with white pants that just came in the movie theater and sat without looking where he sat. As he sat down, I heard a crunch, then the guy got up and I could see cheese all over his pants. Lol, as soon as he turned around and realized what he had sat on, he didnt really know hot to react. He just threw his hands up in the air screaming and yelling. It was really funny, but not for him I guess. Lesson learned...

Hmm.......Here's another solution, us guys can sit and pee, put a tv in the john, a little mini-fridge, and make it an event.I do that sometimes at night, when I'm too tired to stand up straight, and it's not so bad.But I can definitely see the argument here, I must admit, I leave the seat up bout 75% of the time, and my wife has stopped complaining, of course when we go to visit the inlaws it's another thing, her brother and dad have been successfully 'trained' it seems, and I sometimes forget, and there's 3 angry women, besides my wife... and woah.... you do not want to make them angry...they all know how to handle weapons, lol. (They go trapshooting as a hobby, and hunt every season, where as I'm a city boy and have been shooting like 3 times in my life...lol)

Actually, I don't know what the fuss is either! When there's any male member in my house, I never complain when they don't put down the toilet seat. It really doesn't take much effort to put it up or down myself. And I agree... I always check the toilet before I use it lol. I'd never use the toilet in pitch darkness.